How did this happen in the EE wars?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by The_Philosopher, May 3, 2013.

1. @word

This is not a mere win/lose situation. This is a thrashing being retuned with another thrashing with the same members just hours apart.

2. I believe under the current formula, a win gives plus three to Rancor, while a loss gives a negative one. So if two clans sign up with similarly matched numbers of Wavers, CS, and BFA - all tuned to limit the available number of matches - and repeatedly drew each other, then both clans could repeatedly war. If these two clans came to an agreement to alternate wins, they would both net positive Rancor levels. Not what happened in this case, but could probably be done. Especially if both clans agree to sign up with aberrant clan stats, like abnormally high numbers of Wavers.

3. I see what you're getting at Phil, but I don't see it. They just had their game together this time around more so than last time.

4. @seph

Yes. This week, when both lose, they still both win.

5. @ Uchida

So the reason Zaft dropped 110b in plunder to the same clan is because they didn't have their game face the second time? Okay, gotcha.

6. Not necessarily but with a different war you could have a different group of people on each sides that affects how the war goes down. I know you like to think that the devs suck at their jobs or that the game is somehow rigged, but it's not. You're right about the significant change in plunder, but it has happened before and it will happen again.

7. Could be manipulated, especially by having both clans sign up with statistical outliers in the Waver category. Would likely only work once or twice ... Devs would catch on to this pretty quickly, and there's always the chance that the parties involved actually draw a legitimate match. But even if done once, would still allow two clans to farm each other for a net Rancor gain of 2 for both.

8. And why do you always call me Uchida? It's my new pet peeve ;)

9. Hats off to silver then for pulling off the biggest turn around in the history of EE wars.

10. Not really I remember MG vs ZAFT. They turned the score around by like 100bill.

11. @ Uchiha

Almost same members both times.

12. It's all about the start when u smash the other team to dtw it's hard to recover from

13. Hmm.. You're making a point about the members, they are mostly the same(First war against the two had 40 members each while the second time was 38 to 39 members)

14. It would be kinda hard to hold Harbinger or Laoda at the number of actions they had. If you look at other wars their successful actions are considerably higher or with alot more plunder

15. Numbers of people on both sides that caster the expensive Unholy aura spell in the second war.

Silver 19. Zaft 1.

Wow! Silver was really confident the second time even though they lost so badly the first time.

16. It's all about exploiting the system. Take 2 clans, fill em up with high BFA, opt in more members than any other clan like the 39-40 that were on both sides, then take turns winning so both sides get the points. You get more points for winning than losing. Win/win for both clans.

Just an outside perspective.

17. Sorry but the Unholy Aura casting is a dead giveaway. Only question now is what the devs gonna do about it.

18. Ok, but what difference does it make? whats the harm?

19. What's the harm in match fixing? Use your head, please.