Guide to PVE Corax Charms

Discussion in 'Guides' started by -hippy-, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Guide to PVE Coraxian Charms

edit: added lvl 13 upgrade costs

Overall, coraxian charm market is pretty murky, and most people don't really know how to evaluate how much the corax charms should be worth, and whether or not they should go for it. Hopefully this sheds some light on the whole situation

First off, is drop rates
    -----------------

From EBS
    ~5% drop for keys on NK
    ~5% drop for boxes on HTR
    -----------------

From Boxes
    ~1% sword, ring, seal of the dead, xtals
    ~2-5% armor, shield
    ~5-10% legs, head, shoulder, trinket, gloves, boots, arms
    ~10-20% seer
    ~10-20% circles
    100% ravenstorm inferno (I think 2-5 per box but haven't checked as this is almost never the bottleneck)
    These are just rough estimates from my experience of opening ~1k coraxian chests - take it with a grain of salt
    -----------------

Plunder bonus:
    -----------------
    Coraxian charms give an additive plunder bonus on atks and assn. The plunder bonus scales linearly with levels, and the different slots have different base % bonuses

Range of plunder bonuses (lvl 1-15)
    Arms: 0.03% - 0.5%
    Gloves: 0.07% - 1%
    Shoulders: 0.1%-1.5%
    Head: 0.13%-2%
    Armor: 0.17%-2.5%
    Sword: 0.2%-3%

What do these % mean?
    I'm using my 26bcs hansel for these numbers - your milage may vary

Every 1% boost gives me about this much more gold per unload (atks only):

~200b on HTR
    ~120b on NK
    ~40b on goth/noth/aota

These numbers do scale with the promo %
    -----------------

Upgrade costs per lvl:
    -----------------
    1: corax charms drop at lvl 1
    2: 1x lvl 1
    3: 2x lvl 1
    4: 3x lvl 1
    5: 2x lvl 2
    6: 3x lvl 2
    7: 4x lvl 2
    8: 2x lvl 3
    9: 3x lvl 3
    10: 4x lvl 3
    11: 2x lvl 4
    12: 3x lvl 4
    13: 4x lvl 4
    14: Unknown
    15: Unknown

I didn't include ravenstorm inferno costs since this generally won't be your bottleneck
    -----------------

Putting these into perspective
    -----------------
    Current market rate for arms, shoulder, head, gloves are about 150m per lvl 1, 400-500m per lvl 1 for armor and sword.

Let's say I just want to dabble, I open a 30 or so boxes (current market price 150m) and get 5x lvl 1 shoulders, head, gloves each for 2.3b, and maybe I get lucky and get an armor.

I end up with 1.07% plunder bonus for the price of roughly 7b charms (could be more or less depending on luck)

I could've used that 7b charms to get ~2Q in gold vollies so the corax equip is going to have to earn at least 2Q for me to break even

For that to happen, i'd need to unload...
    25,000 times on goth/noth/aota (about 8 years of 7-10 unloads a day)
    OR 8,000 times on NK (2 years of 7-10 unloads a day)
    OR 5,000 times on HTR (2 years of 7-10 unloads a day)

to break even. This is not something that most players are reasonably expecting to do. At higher levels, the coraxian equipment is significantly less efficient, and is even less worth chasing unless coraxian prices drop dramatically, we get new lands, you run thousands of xtals regularly, or a new eb that pays way better than HTR comes out.

To give a comparison that most people understand, the breakeven point for coraxian charms is roughly the same as FS lvl 9 and 10 upgrades using GOLD - again something that most players would never touch (at least with gold)
    -----------------

Quick plug for myself:
    -----------------
    That being said, I'm planning on running quite a few xtals in the future, and I'm actively buying coraxian chests and the following slots: shoulders, head, armor, and weapon. Thanks in advance and hope this helps!

#1 -hippy-, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  2. Good guide - def clears up a lot of the fogginess regarding corax as a whole. Look forward to seeing how much further this progresses as time goes on with higher cs caps or new ebs. Good job, Hippy 🍻