Guide To Ally Ownership and Ally Plunder, by tmh v2 Oct2010

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by tmh, May 16, 2010.

1. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

I'm new and this is very helpful to me. One question: How do you know when you've reached max ally plunder? Sorry if it's a stupid question, just curious. Thx :)

2. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Great question!

Other than Level 1 Tier 3 buildings (like a Subterranean Factory) which gives a max ally plunder bonus ending in 500 gold, every other building in the game gives a max plunder bonus ending in 000. So if you don't have an odd number of Level 1 Tier 3 buildings (T3 L1) your max allies bonus will end in 000.

The way most people say it is "if your plunder bonus doesn't end in 000 you're not at max". I have to overdo it. Lol.

And also, it's not just about how much $ you have in allies, it's based on a comparison of your total power (including ally stat bonuses) vs your defender's total power. If he's stronger than you, you're going to get max ally bonus with less $ in allies required, and if he's weaker than you, you would have to have more $ I'm allies to get max ally bonus. It takes a crazy amount of $ in allies to get max ally plunder bonus from people much smaller than you.

3. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump

4. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump

5. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump

6. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Everytime isee tmh posts they are long and take forrver to read

7. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump

8. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

i just saw. haha. thanks this is very good and useful! =)

9. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Put a sticky on this...

10. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump.... hoping for a sticky.... :mrgreen:

11. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Sticky please

12. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Def needs a sticky.

13. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump for my clanmates.

14. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Very informative.

15. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump for a friend.

16. Re: All-encompasing Guide To Ally Ownership

Just clearing up how things have changed since the update a couple weeks back...

Ally plunder bonus no longer ends in 000 or 500, like, ever. There is no more such thing as "max ally bonus" that's one universal number for any defender you'd attack like it was before. Now, there is a new plunder cap system that takes the defender's stats into account (compared to your own stats) and it's based on *buildings only*, no more ally bonus factored in there... so now you have to determine if you're getting max ally plunder bonus on a defender-by-defender basis.

The way to do it is easy. Attack a target, and note the "allies bonus" on the "Victory!" screen. Then, hire a $200k ally, and attack again, and note the ally plunder bonus. If it changed by even $1, then you're not earning max yet, and need to put more money into allies. If the bonus is the same before and after hiring that ally, then you're earning your max vs that specific defender. The reason I recommend a $200k ally is that they get hired away relatively fast, so you'll be back to whatever ally compliment you had before the test.

Just clarifying that! :)

17. Re: tmh's General Guide To Ally Ownership

I really need to log in on PC and edit that first post to fix that $000/500 thing that was changed.

18. Re: tmh's General Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump for someone who's looking for this

19. Re: tmh's General Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump, or sticky. Just for the work that has gone into writing this post

20. Re: tmh's General Guide To Ally Ownership

Bump