Gold Creation Exploit - Fixed

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank you kaw admin ;)

2. Post name of the cheater..!!!

3. This isn't cheating in my eyes. The game allowed then to do it. No game shark or action replay or anything like that was involved. No one hacked the system or changed the code. The game allowed them to do it. It was the devs responsibility to keep these things in check. Punishing ppl that took advantage is unfair since it's the devs fault it happened. Shoot, if an ATM machine started spitting out boat loads of cash, I'd take it and run too. Same concept. Just virtual gold. It's not the players fault for taking advantage of the glitch. If the devs didn't want it to happen, they should have taken more steps to prevent it. Let the ppl play, take the hit to the system, and realize that it's your fault(devs) and blaming the players will only make the loathe you.

4. Can't believe people are trying to justify that it was an okay thing to do lmao. Idiots.

Devs took back what these players gained through the exploit.

I feel bad for those that ended up getting stripped though, by funds that were gathered via exploits. They would have lost a lot :(

5. Stop acting like they committed an actual crime. I don't personally dont have a problem with either side but I'd like to see the devs admit the ****** up for once instead of blaming the players. They took advantage of your mistake big deal.

6. Wish id of known. Lol jk kaw

7. @KaW_Admin

They cheated? Yes.

Why not post them on this thread to be ridiculed and looked down upon? You've done it to players who have "cheated" or leaked info before. Gold exploiting upon trillions? That's worse than botting!

Also, why are they not banned? They ABUSED an exploit that they could have reported, but they didn't. I thought rules were here for a reason. Why are you choosing when to implement them?

Were these 155 players big nobbers? Are you not banning to preserve your income? What a sham. More theft, cheats, lies.

8. Honestly the Devs should take responsibility. It is not the players fault that there was a faulty code.
    I am a code writer in a different game and when I make a mistake players use it. I take responsibility and fix the code as soon as possible. Also I dont go through the trouble of finding the players because it wastes my time to improve the game.
    SO WHAT there are some new super rich players like Chongo or Cella? In my opinion it just makes the game more challenging and lets players lower try to get up and over these new rich players.
    Obvioulsy the Devs have already decided but in the future I think it would be better to just fix it but leave the players be. ;-) Anyways thats just my opinion.

9. @Brixen

My car is left unlocked, I have an $800 sound system, you steal it. By your logic, it's alright because I left the door unlocked.

Wrong, theft is theft and ABUSING a game exploiting is still cheating.

10. I still agree they shouldve reported it though.

11. If the Devs banned Alts, why not mains?

12. Yeah gj on the gold exploit but can you show the preview of the equip it's no point seeing the preview when we get the equip

13. Dammit, why do I always find out about these loopholes after they're closed? 

To those screaming foul, whatever, if I'd known that some faulty coding would have let me generate huge amounts of gold I would have jumped on it like a fat kid on a smarty, and so would have 98% of KaW.

The Devs have done exactly the right thing. Fixed the loophole and removed any "ill gotten" gains.

Thanks Devs, Nuff said.

14. It was posted on the 21st about the exploit in forums. And no action was taken. Ppl informed the devs and it still took several days.

15. In the OP, kaw_admin admits that there was an exploit discovered....

So, after fixing their open loophole, they now can audit the system to find leaks and unexplained massing of gold. The gold gained by this exploit is taken away, because it was gained by buying and selling buildings for profit.....

Those who were doing it, knew it was wrong. Period. There is no way you could convince me that this isn't an exploit that warranted punishment. It did. But ATA didn't punish the exploiters that performed the land sale loophole.

They banned the ones that created alts to funnel gold to.

Tell me that they didn't know it was wrong! They did. And they were subsequently banned for it.

The TOU has unspecific guidelines that can be implemented by ATA when it calls for it....

• You may not do any of the following to Kingdoms at War:

A. use Kingdoms at War in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, disrupt or impair Kingdoms at War or any A Thinking Ape server, or the network(s) connected to any A Thinking Ape server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of Kingdoms at War

I could say the fact others gained trillions in gold in days, when I need to hit an EB to make the same for six months, disrupted my enjoyment of KAW....

So, if you spent thousands of dollars in this game, only to be uprooted by someone who found a loophole...thats cool?

Man, some logic.

16. Also u want to complain about ppl cheating look all over forums. Ppl state they have bought accounts and have shown ss that is against tou and nothing done about that.

17. Again… I said they should have reported it...

18. i found kingnotch's logic is ludricous, you work hard to get there (laoda redstar etc) and bunch of new ppl with shiny loophole just do the exploit and surpass those who already spent bucks and **** time of playing this game? man no way

19. It was and was even reported on forums and locked by a mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.