Game Designer AMA Part 2 (The Answers to Friday’s Questions)

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. I will be watching the drops in the next upcoming event the way it stands is a complete farce and I'll hold you to your word on it being balanced dtops

2. Can you please answer me about S6?

Why are rewards so crappy.

Banner - good
    Helmet - fine (just extremely hard to max but I'm okay with that)
    Silver bars -4500 for 4 months (not not worth the time.)
    No xtals back
    No crux given?

I may as well have skipped S6 n done a 2 week event that would give me more for my buck.

3. Nice job devs. Seemed like a comprehensive review of some of the major current issues. Keep it up.

Make KAW Great Again. :)

4. Concerning to clan loyalty, pls keep in your mind those of us who leave for indi wars. Don't punish us, as that's not being disloyal :( .
    Middle tier ebs should drop more event items, otherwise of course we'd prefer to run a 20 minutes depraved that will drop around the same than a three hours haunting, keep that in mind... Same applies to big ebs. It's pointless taking the whole day for less than 100/hour items... :?.
    Btw, loving the approach to the community and the answers look promising! Keep up the good job, Charlie and team!!!!!!!!

5. Shameful that you didn't even acknowledge Off System Pvp.

Ebs and EE. Same crap that has got all of the damned updates and has done nothing to retain the masses because both have resulted to pay to win.

6. You fix clan loyalty by making OSW competitive again.

You fix clan loyalty when strip farms hurt players when they happen. Now losing a couple trillion is a weeks worth of work.

You fix clan loyalty through off system war when clans have members from 100 to 1 that can farm enemies clans from 1 to 100. Now the gap is so massive clan roasters are sectioned off and divided. Works okay for alliances, sucks for stand alone.

You will NEVER fix clan loyalty until the gap is closed and player can successfully hit, strip, and farm each other.

But you won't fix that. It's not even on you damn radar and it is the one thing that will fix this game. But you keep changing batteries when the alternator is broken.

EB's, Events, EE, they won't save the game. But screw it, the damage is done and y'all are only milking kaw for what it's worth. If you actually cared for your players you wouldn't risk their security though a scam ridden virus plagued site like Fyber to get "Free Nobs."

7. Like the clan incentive idea. And yes event drops are lopsided and tougher for the middle sized players. Great to hear these things will be fixed. More incentive to hit middle tier eb's is good also. It's positive.

8. I'll mention 1 point first...A bonus to clan members for staying long-term has been a hugely suggested idea, how do u guys think the players would not appreciate that? Players won't stick in a clan just for it but it deffinately would make being a perm a much more appealing idea...
    Now I'll say this whole thing reads to me as a false effort to look more transparent to players, why can't say you say much more on things?...because you've done nothing more than thought about it n put it in a pile? or like what, are u guys scared the players are just going to dis all your ideas if to speak to them about the finer points of development...makes me think ur trying to hide too much the players won't like. You should try to learn from your predecessors mistakes & stop thinking no1 else but ata devs can read between the lines.

9. One way is you need to be in a clan ___ days before the eb completion bonuses come into affect. However it would kill leaving to go off and war. But for example:
    1 day gets you 25% of the bonus.
    3 days = 50%
    1 week = 100%
    and then also include a notable plunder percentage bonus as well. That would probably do the trick. If you wanted to keep the ability to go off and war, maybe store their last 2 clans they have been in and make it count up time, that way they can flip between two of them or leave to go to a war clan.

10. Yeah i see how this can be a disadvantage to loyalty for war squad members who leave only to war, etc but i believe it could b balanced like u've suggested or alternatively u could allow main clan's to link their loyalty bonus to their family's war clan or even any war clan with it capped to the number of those warring.

11. Wait i forgot to ask a very important question my friend has lost the kaw acc n cant access kaw with our simple efforts what r the possibilties of gettin the account back
    ps: it is not linked to ata acc to him n was once linked to facebook but now that facebook links that to his another account n the account was lost after the mobile device was damaged plz give me a reply he been sendin feedback but no reply fm devs
    Hopin for a positive response :)

12. Your only hope is that support get back to you. If you want to increase the chances of getting it back you should provide as much information as possible including any payments you made and any special dates like when you delinked the account.

13. It has been great to see more interaction with the community! Thank you, Charlie! :)

14. Because of the ongoing S6 and the upcoming ASW I assume that the next event isn't for another week,why not bring out the new Sveruganti EB now to see if there's any bugs present this is the perfect opportunity for the release.

15. Hi Charlie, to repay your courtesy and answer your own questions:

Long overdue (sorry!), and the high level of participation on all topics reflects a long and frustrating period of developer non-engagement (sorry again!). I can only see two ways this could have gone: either the free-form "AMA"-style you chose, or a discussion topic where you the Developer set the agenda for discussion and invite our views. For example: "What do you think about the current state of x? How do you think it should be improved?"

It's good that you made clear what you wanted from us in the AMA, and what you were promising in response, and a timescale for it to happen. You should probably have locked the AMA thread after your second post because players are still responding on that particular thread. An AMA thread is probably not the ideal method to gather focused or developed ideas; you opened the floodgates and of course it was going to be a scattershot of different questions reflecting different priorities. And you got too many for you to respond to in the timescale you promised.

A different way to approach this kind of brainstorming is for you to invite our thoughts, then afterwards summarise all the questions and ideas we generate into your categories, and finally respond to those questions and ideas. If you need more time to answer those questions, say so, and how long an extension you need.

Probably the next planned AMA will be less intense as our some of the communities high priorities have been addressed in general terms. Next time maybe focus on a specific area?

Also, perception plays a huge role in community relations. The questions you chose to answer might be perceived as reflecting ATA's corporate priorities, and conversely the questions you did not choose to answer might also reflect non-priorities. There were a few questions about the new player experience and retention that were not answered and this reflects a priority community concern. We want to have a discussion on this area given the maturity of the game is not reflected in the immaturity of the tutorials, the initial confusion about how to access gameplay, and the slow building progression.

Hope this is helpful
    Kind regards,

16. Oh that's a good idea, unlikely of course but just in case of any issues.

Plus then people wont be complaining about drop impacts etc.

17. Player retention is in the mindset of the player,as with every game you join,unless it's brand new you are behind the eight ball.When I 1st started tapping on KAW there was a gap,granted not as large as now,but you had to be active to grow.When joining the app now you are given basically 6 months to a yr of old style play free,what else to you want to give them,as it is you just give the older players a slap in the face for what they had to do to grow.
    Today's generation seems to be gimme I deserve to be on the LB it's only fair,I started a alt a little over a yr ago and went spy as its said it's the hardest route,that acc is now pushing 75 mil cs with no purchases of xtals and basically only hitting non paying ebs.
    It's the ease of growing for those who have deep pockets to run HTE and ZTA continually that is one of the main factors in why players leave,as there are basically no clans or families,like in the past that run the different tiers in each clan for grouth.Remove the easy route and you may get better retension,handing out freebies after freebies to retain players isn't the route to go,and it doesn't teach anything except to reinforce the idea that sitting back long enough gets you everything for free.

18. Hi charlie
    Why do you think most peeps are changing to massive spy builds?

any chance of balancing eb payouts so I will not be last attack build left

19. That's supposed to be addressed,we will just have to wait and see,if no change then it just goes to show you how much integrity ATA spokesman have in this app

20. Hope so bud
    We wait and see