Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds (Modified for Moths)

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by IlIlIlIlI-Versa-IlIlIlIlI, Nov 1, 2013.

1. *Edit* - This thread was orignally for fangs but this will also work for the new moth drops as well. The original concept is that attack builds and attack heavy hybrids with weak spies will be better off by not utilizing their spies on epic battles. The reason why is explained below but the basic gist is to get this information out to the KaWmunnity as fast as possible so we can all have a fair chance at the promotion instead of favoritism being assumed. Enjoy the read :D

Alright KaW, here I am with another thread about fangs... This one came way to late but it could potentially shed some light on the matter.

Introduction:

Attack builds are handicapping themselves with fang drops which makes it seem hansels are treated better, this is not the case however.

A dinosaur of a mechanics was revealed today that I've only heard rumors about in the past but it is confirmed. Attack builds are equal to Hansels with the end payout and fang drops because of one reason:

You have to use the build correctly!

Explanation:

The drop system is and always has been related to damage contribution and actions. With that being said, a hansel has extremely strong spies and typically has a higher damage per action output than an attack build due to its low spies.

The reasons spies appeared to be paid more is because they have 36 assassinations that deal a large amount of damage and 24-26 actions that deal a low amount.

An attack build has 24-26 that deal a large amount of damage and 36 actions that deal a low amount.

This means that the majority of a hansel or spy build's actions deal large amounts of damage while the majority of an Attack build's actions deal a lower amount of damage.

This creates a lower damage per action which then translates to lower drops at the end payout of the epic battle, especially in fangs.

You see, the issue here is that Attack builds are trying to max out actions and damage when in reality they are lowering their average damage per actions. More actions at lower damages pays less than Less actions at higher damages, thus resulting in scenarios where the Hansel with 200 actions makes 500 fangs rather than the Attack Build with 400 actions receiving 200 fangs.

Solution:

My solution, even though it will sound crazy, is for all attack builds to only use their troop bars on epic battles!!! Do NOT use your spies!!!

I can almost guarantee that your fang drop will increase by a huge margin and that is because your build will be dealing higher damage for less actions and have a higher average damage output per action!

Once again I apologize for the lateness of this thread but I hope it puts some anger to rest because the developers have been saying its fair, well it finally makes sense.

TL:DR - Attack builds that only use their troops on epic battles will receive more fangs than they would with both troops and spies. The solution is to only use troops on epic battles IF you are an attack build or attack heavy hybrid.

-Versa-

2. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

I apologize for any bb code errors, I hastily wrote this up to get it out to the KaWmmunity so please excuse them :lol:

-Versa-

3. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Little too late for this. I believe it has something similiar to do with how much gold you make. Hansels are known to make the most gold, which is why it is such a popular build. Mechanics are mechanics.

4. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Nice explanation. Sounds convincing

5. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

I am impresed at the thought process.

I would kike to hear from someone who tested this theory.

If the reasoning has a grounding in fact...then one might also mention that while the average hit damage will rise...the total number of hits would reduce by more tham half...therefore i doubt total total fangs could rise...by reducing more than half your activity level.

6. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Which if its is similar to the gold mechanics, it does still agree with what your saying OP. Im an attack build, one unload on Haunting gets me a little over 600 mil, and its very similar whether I used my spies or not. So the more you make, the more fangs you get.

7. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Once again, I apologize for the lateness, I only just confirmed these rumors and made the thread as soon as I could. I really wish I could have figured this issue out sooner and informed the whole of the KaWmmunity.

-Versa-

8. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

op totally learnt this from me lol

9. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

That's not an entirely true statement. With my build I get about the same damage per regen if not more than my 11mil cs hansel. The hansel has weak attack that brings it's damage per action average way down but it still gets way better payout and fangs.

That being said I have played with attacks only on ebs and the gold from end payout is very high. I made almost as much as I would if I had used my spies but with far fewer actions.

It is an interesting theory for the fang drops though. Wish this could have been mentioned earlier so I could have experimented with it when it would have mattered. Then again no one thought to do it since devs said contribution to eb was a major factor in drops

10. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

No I did not Terra  I had a conversation with a couple guys in my clan a couple hours ago and just finished the tests to confirm it. I'm happy you figured it out for yourself though ️

-Versa-

11. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

And Greatness, this typically does not affect hansels because they use anywhere from 10-20 more spy actions than troop actions (assassinations, scouts, steals) in a single unload. This is why the average damage per action does not drop so low. More specific tests can be done to test the exact numbers but the idea here is your fang drops will increase if you use only troops. Please try it out and report back. I would love more information on this topic.

-Versa-

12. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

I know I did see somewhere once that if att build use only troops on ebs the end plunder is a lot greater for them since the damage to hits is as you have pointed out there

Would like to point out that att builds have a over all better plunder per hits as well because you get the allied plunder and the normal plunder but since there's huge numbers of att buildings the normal plunder will drop a lot faster every hit on the eb

Because I'm currently getting 130mil first hit on haunting and 94mil last hit on the eb

But hancels will have a very high allied plunder but the normal plunder is about 2mil ish (not clear on the exact number) I proven this quite a while ago with a friend that I was getting a lot more gold with the first hit but with the last hit she was getting more

13. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Exactly ^^ and I'm dumbstruck at how I've been saying fangs correlate exactly to the plunder system yet I've just realized this occurrence. Please attack builds, test this out and post numbers. I want to see a broader range of data and prove my preliminary tests correct.

-Versa-

14. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

It's true, the attack build where I am has been doing it, I just didntvtry till last eb, 2.5bars of troops an give you huge fang pay out, check last 2 eb's my fang drop went from 100+ to 500+, Nice thread by the way

15. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

just skim hits on eb, and all actions are high dmg actions...

16. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Damage does not change with how high your troop/spy levels are. Attack builds should not use spies!

-Versa-

17. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

I actually think both builds benefit from only using troops on ebs not just attack builds but I'm not 100% sure.

18. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

This close to the end, this knowledge is more depressing than helpful.

19. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

Very depressing but at least it shows the devs do not favor spy builds. That's about all the good this can do...

-Versa-

20. Re: Fangs Are Fair Towards Attack Builds

I'm going to test it to see if it's true and to use if another promotion comes around. If it works I hope the good drops aren't on any tough ebs cause I don't see them getting done too fast if attack builds stop using their spies