Fan Fiction Story HQ

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *Tek0516 (01), Jan 12, 2011.

1. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

 I think Irin might be the best of us active writers. Or semi-active, but still.

2. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Aww, thanks Cheese! I wish I could be more active but with school and everything, it's hard to just sit down and write. And I have several ideas on how to start my next book, but I'm not sure which one to choose.

3. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Throw a couple out. :)

4. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Yeah this is now the home of the writers cafe

5. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

So...why doest say...colonial...delete everything else?

N I'll post my prologue on post 9. So it's at the end of a page

6. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Lol ok dude

7. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Dude? I ain't a dude.

8. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

I know but I call everyone dude

9. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Lol but I am a dude! Lulz! You don't know me!

K. Hold on. I'll post

10. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Prologue?

"No life is without meaning." A large burly man rose from a high throne. He stood at an incredible 6'10". A long royal blue cape flapped as a breeze came through the newly shattered window. The king could feel the heat of the homes below the window as they quickly burned to a charred mass of rubble. Looking across the throne room at his adversary. 

"Give me the blade. Perhaps I will allow you to live." The tall man across the room demanded. He looked quite intimidating. With his long sweeping red cloak, black metal mask covering everything but his eyes, and a long curved blade at his side. The most intimidating thing however, was the forty soldiers behind him. Several on horses, many wielding long lances, and one man was even carrying a pitchfork. They couldn't all be professional soldiers. But that didn't matter much. 

"So soon to the point? Why don't you sit yourself? We can have a brilliant chat."

"Garth. The blade. Now." a hint of irritation was edging into the masked man.

"Ah! You know my name. May I ask for yours?" King Garth smiled at the army arrayed before him.

"it won't matter. You won't live long enough to use it."

"Haha! I'll just call you...Corandthar. You look like a Corandthar to me."

The masked man, apparently named Corandthar, took a few steps forward and raised his blade. "hold." a single whisper of a word was heard throughout the room. The soldiers parted, making way for a tall thick man. He was wearing a blood red robe with tiger claws on a chain going across his chest. He carried a large menacing lance with a dark satin ribbon tied around the point end. Coranthar bowed to the man as he approached, the quickly joined the group of soldiers, tucking his blade into a black sheath at his side.

Smiling broadly King Garth welcomed the new visitor warmly. "Hello general Voltaire. You have come to kill me?"

Stepping up to the throne Voltaire raised his lance. "No. I have come for your son."

Garth suddenly became solemn. "He is gone Voltaire. You think I would leave my child here? He has left with what soldiers I could muster.." Drawing his sword slowly he stared into Voltaires eyes, into his very soul. A fire burning within. Through the open doors to the throne room rode eight cavaliers. Their spears causing immediate damage to the army amassed. Voltaire turned to see the commotion. As he turned King Garth came behind him and plunged his sword into Voltaire's back. Or it would have had it not been stopped by an invisible force right before reaching skin. 

"Sorry friend." Voltaire turned back to King Garth and raised his lance, a wicked gleam in his eyes.

11. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

That's my third prologue attempt -.- I scraped 2 others.

12. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

I knew something was up cause you've always been a dude and then u said u weren't but u are so?huh?

13. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Lol figure it out ;)

N don't you have some reading to do?

Ps. I don't really need edits. Like spelling or grammar. Just what sounds bad, or different words that could be used to sound better, or have more flow

14. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Well u do need some editing when corandthar says hold well in that paragraph or whatever u put coranthar on one of them

15. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

You also have some mild capitalization errors

16. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Eh. Proffreading comes later. What do you mean by the first post?

17. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Oops I mean when u say that corandthar goes back into the soldiers and Voltaire steps out of whatev u put coranthar

18. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

No I didn't.

19. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

I only used coranthar twice. 1 to raise blade, 2 to subject to Voltaire.

20. Re: KaW Fan Fiction Superthread (The Story Index)

Pssst. These are all reoccurring characters!