Event issues and solution

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _____NIGHTWING_____, Apr 27, 2016.

1. I've seen 60-80m cs builds get top 10,50,100.

I struggle to get top 100 and I'm considered a whale, and I hop a little, and do hte trains, but I also sleep

Instead of trying to TAKE away from larger kingdoms, why not suggest there are more reward tiers? These days, 15k seems low for a static tier, and business wise, it would make more sense to have more tiers so more kingdoms feel they're in the 'chase' and don't just give up after 15k.

2. I think I used to run one. As well as many other positions.
    The key was to make my customers happy and return, was showing that they got clear equal treatment. From important customer to the lowest spenders . They all got the same respect and high level of treatment. They enjoyed the experience.
    But then I was so bad at that job when I left to join the army I returned eight years later my cousin for a laugh put an application in for a management post with my details , despite an eight year gap I was phoned ( stunned ) and offered the job no interview needed. Mine to accept if I wanted it.
    But you are right I know nothing about business. And how giving customers good value for money and service is essential.

Setting up events to exclude a huge amount of the customer base is a terrible idea.
    Just as terrible as giving that prize to others for free

3. Now if you will excuse me. Real life calls and I shall check this in the morning.
    My thanks to all contributes. Whether I agree with you or not you have helped move the discussion along and I hope this continues.
    Please keep it polite and respectful to each other.
    Happy kawing.

4. Constantly catering to the minority pushes the majority further and further behind. There are more non BC accounts than BC accounts. Just my observation though.

The bigs will always be bigs. The spenders will always spend. The bigs will always make the most gold. They'll always do the most damage. None of that gets taken away from making events a fair playing field. If anything, it only improves KaW. Activity will be encouraged and growth will be quicker. Clans will get stronger and perhaps stick together. And more accounts might be inclined to spend.

5. I've been getting top fixed tier since I was 20mcs.....I only spend on hte trains and the occasional Pvp blitz....cuz gold....its not really that hard to do well in events at all....I made a brand new account and within 2 weeks it was 7.5mcs...I got bored with it so its still that size but I imagine it would only take a few months to reach HFBC size which then makes events even easier cuz then I can get into b2b aff clans at 600ish per eb which is 1200 a day min × 14....you can get 15k without spending at that rate in a few months...and at your size and time spend why on earth are you complaining so much? Try taking a break and figuring out how the game actually works before pitching one of the biggest fits I've ever seen in forums

6. 1 I am responding to individual comments. Not having a hissy fit.
    2 why put effort into an idea solely aimed at making one component of the game fairer.
    Because so few others have. And that's something I would like to change slightly.
    I want clans being able to be loyal.
    I want to push for greater clarity in value for money purchases.
    And I think that the events are the easiest thing to fix, whilst also opening several options up and repairing a lot of the damage done to clans by the current system.
    Some things are worth fighting for. This is one of those time.

7. The issue of clan loyalty is more with the fact people that are too small and not well enough established in the game to run successful clans are making clans...if you look at the average successful clan...ie the one I'm in you don't have a whole lot of jumping around or leaving during events... The problem lies in the clans being unable to complete ebs even outside of events or struggling to complete them
    ...the clans worth being loyal to have loyalty events have no bearing on that.
    Secondly this is a game its meant to have a challenging component not everyone is going to be able to do everything that someone else is able to do. The only thing with events that needs fixing is variety. And so what a small account currently can't get a high tier....its incentive to grow and work being able to get to that point. It doesn't take that long....as was already pointed out if you're active in events and get even 5k which my 7.5mcs alt was able to do the event I had it in....that's a crap load of gold for that size and you grow quickly

8. There are wars and pvp which should get u 15k items easy

9. Okay bacon yes your clan. One of the few carried by top ten with huge stats. But just because you have pointed out one clan doing ok. It doesn't change as others have also stated. That not all clans have access to players that can easily carry the smaller clans.
    And the scenario I have described I see daily with members being forced to merc for bigger ebs. Due to home clans not being able to run two a day or even one. So again yes the proposed system would totally solve clan loyalty for all mid and small clans that despite your view and assumptions of them currently are facing a very hard time due to the set up of these events that do literally break them up part.
    So again viewing kaw from a limited perspective that you as a player can do, done not account for the thousands of players that are not supported by huge accounts that carry the clan. And those players primarily get turned away from clans due to their size. And as such locked yet again out of events.
    So players are driven from the game both by the manner with which events are currently run, the attitude of bigs that don't want them in their clans. So all you have done is highlight again how this is damaging to clans

10. Support for this.

All the OP is saying is that you hit more, you gain more. The BC players will still get more fake gold as they will be hitting lotl/asof whereas the smalls will be earning a lot less on recks etc.
    If a BC player hits just as much as a small player what's the issue?

To the people saying that these events should be determined by past gameplay, you logic is flawed.
    Let's give a real life example.
    A well decorated Olympic 100 metre athelete lines up at the Rio Olympics against a younger guy who hasn't yet won anything.

The young guy hasn't trained for as many years as the older more decorated sprinter but still runs the same race at the same time, but he still wins.

Using your logic, he shouldn't win the gold medal because he hasn't been in the sport for as long as the other guy even though he has competed equally in the same event at the same time.

A man goes into a car garage with his Jaguar(the BC player) and wants new tyres that cost 200 a tyre.
    Another guy goes into the same garage at the same time (kaw events) with his Nissan Sunny (the small player) he also wants new tyres which cost 50.

Remember, same garage, at the same time. Who should get better customer service?

No one. They should be getting equal treatment. Just because one person paid more for the same service doesn't mean the little guy needs to be punished.

11. Okay bacon yes your clan. One of the few carried by top ten with huge stats. But just because you have pointed out one clan doing ok. It doesn't change as others have also stated. That not all clans have access to players that can easily carry the smaller clans.
    And the scenario I have described I see daily with members being forced to merc for bigger ebs. Due to home clans not being able to run two a day or even one. So again yes the proposed system would totally solve clan loyalty for all mid and small clans that despite your view and assumptions of them currently are facing a very hard time due to the set up of these events that do literally break them up part.
    So again viewing kaw from a limited perspective that you as a player can do, done not account for the thousands of players that are not supported by huge accounts that carry the clan. And those players primarily get turned away from clans due to their size. And as such locked yet again out of events.
    So players are driven from the game both by the manner with which events are currently run, the attitude of bigs that don't want them in their clans. So all you have done is highlight again how this is damaging to clans
    And again you also point out that small players should be forced to settle for small prizes.
    Even though bigs get the top prizes for free
    Again totally missing the point.
    That the activity is not rewarded. All those extra actions and time. All the extra money spent on xtals wasted as they cannot get even with more effort something other players can get for free on 3 days.
    The most active accounts in events regardless of size should get the best rewards. The same to for those that increase their actions with the highest spending. They earn the highest prizes.
    Now I'm 100% certain if a small player has to spend say 100 dollars to get the 15k they deserve it. But why the heck should they have to spend 100 dollars to get it. When the devs are setting these events up so that certain players can get the same rewards for free in just 3 days.
    First people's money isn't good enough. Then they aren't good enough. Now you are saying their clans aren't good enough.
    Following the logic of objectors. We honestly should just tell everyone smaller than build complete that their money isn't good enough. They aren't good enough. And we don't want them here.
    And that's insane.
    What's more insane is that so many players are scared to have to compete for something at an even level. Just one item linked to rewards in limited time promos. No the snob factor just kicks in and people tell them they don't have the same right to compete. You aren't worthy bs.
    The gold advantage that every big gets is not enough. They need everything served up on a silver platter. And if they fail. It's because they are lazy or some other elitist put down.

What a shame that people need an advantage because they don't want fail themselves. By actually having to compete.

12. Have you looked at the bottom end of our roster? And its not just the top carrying the clan its just called being established..... Not everyone can make a clan that thrives during events....its just not how it is the game is kingdoms at war not kingdoms on a level playing field.
    Back to emphasizing the point that you keep ignoring the game is already balanced for small/mid growth....how long and hard was it to be hfbc before abyss came out? It certainly wasn't an easy task....now with the new air lands and the several tril each month from events even at 5-7.5k tiers you still get a good amount. You can be hfbc in just a few months without spending if you're active....if you spend....now I wouldn't put it past someone to make it 50mcs in 3 months which is the min stat some clans that do b2b lotl and asof but yet you want it even easier....growing is stupidly easy and quick until you get half way into air lands...which by then you'll have decent stats and this "event problem" doesn't apply....the fix is to just grow...stop being lazy and grow there's always another hunt after this one and so forth....its a game not a hand out service

13. And yeah you're right small accounts can't compete for the same rewards as big ones can....that's a perk of growing....I remember back in the quetzal hunt I was small really really small maybe 2mcs and yeah I knew I couldn't get the high rewards instead of crying about it on forums I did this magical thing known as growing and built an account that can now fairly easily get the rewards I want...I know right I had to grow first to get better things? What is that all about?....that's what every player at this level has had to do....and if they've been playing for years it took a lot more time effort and money to get where some new players are getting in a fraction of the time with little to no money spent

14. I would have to agree with you there. Ive been noticing in forums lately (and not so lately) that there has been a very anti-small player attitude which I think you had addressed well, both in your rebuttal above, and in your proposal.

This sentiment isn't new. I recall there was similar outrage against the New Player Promo where the smalls got LL for free. The outrage against this move was bizarre. Again, on Sweet-Serenitys recent thread, people were scornful of their attempts to make the game more engaging for smalls.

People say they want more activity, more active allies, more targets in their battle list, more people warring - where are these accounts going to come from if the smalls aren't enabled to be competitive and grow? Isn't the purpose of these events to encourage activity for all players? Not just the big or the rich, but the FTP and the smalls?

So yup. I support ya OP. Great initiative.

15. If small accounts can get everything big accounts can get without spending why should they grow? PvP events get harder wars are harder if you have allies and tick the wrong person off you have a lot to lose....what incentive is there to grow? The new player promo and the beginner pack are great as well as ll wars...which if you are active in one event you have the sb to make an ll war build and you're set to find a clan for that. Again though growing is already easy....and the point of a game is to build up to achieving a goal not having it handed to you.... Wars and pvp events are already the balancing factor for events everyone gets the same drops but in pvp small builds are favored....because if a small build finds a big Hansel they can hit they get way more drops than that Hansel hitting another big build does...and that Hansel gets next to nothing for hitting the small build

16. Thank you very much daphnia.
    And yes this has been a developing theme for some time now. A very disturbing trend that I see being the single biggest threat to new player retention.

And again bacon point out one of those smalls that can make 15000 event tokens for free in 3 days. Please just one small that can do that.

Please look at the hundreds of clans that are currently struggling. Not just your own clan.
    I have been hopping every event not for the last 50% of bars but for the entire eb and working my butt off with 1000's of actions a day. And your imaginary sudden growth. Only happens when customers pay.
    And that's yet again another point you totally missed. That due to the set up. Due to the value of my dollar pound whatever. It's worth less than theirs. But In order to get top prizes I and many others are forced t spend or settle for lower tier prizes.
    My money is worth less. If you had read the entire debate you would see that's well established.
    By doing the events this way it gives all players money an actual set physical value. Those paying get at least in one part of the game true value for their purchases.
    It makes event activity the key factor. And those who put the most effort in to each event or the most money during the event time constraints are actually rewarded for their effort and commitment to the game.
    Finally a sense of value for all. Rather than having to say to every new player don't spend your money. It's worthless until you are build complete. You will never get value until then. But by the way. With how large the game has become. You won't ever get close so quit now. You aren't wanted.

17. If you want to use this runner analogy then let me put it into real kaw terms. Most people can perform actions at the same rate in kaw so lets call time spent running actions done. The runners speed is based upon their physical fitness and technique. These had to be worked towards over time. So their physical fitness is basically the same as their cs in kaw.

Lets compare a few things. Below we have

A runner who has no real fitness or experience
    A runner who regularly takes part in athletic competition

The runner who is unfit will take longer to complete the race and therefore it takes them more time (actions) for the same reward.

The runner with experience will complete it in a faster time than the unfit runner so spends less actions for the same reward.

Please don't tell me you just turn up at the olympics with your kid and expect them to compete with professionals who have worked over time to get experience and fitness.

In terms of what you get from xtals and other payments.

If you have a cheap car (new account) and someone else has a really expensive better made car (larger account or bc) and you fill up with the same amount of fuel (spending) which car do you think gets the better performance and efficiency? Of course it's the more expensive car and in kaw it's the larger account. If you buy a seal or xtals you both receive the same product however what your account receives from it is based upon what an account your size can produce from it.

18. A 1 day old player should not be able to make 4.5 trill gold in just three days. That makes no sense. I'm all in for making the game better for smaller and new players, but I just think this is too much.

19. Kezzer just give up like you said you would. You are literally talking nonsense now.
    What your car comparison should compare as would be two players walk into a car dealership on the same day. Both spend the same amount. The 6ft player drives out a top of the line ford gt. the 5.5ft guy drives out a fiesta.
    Even though they paid exactly the same money on the day. Only one is allowed value for their money. Actually with how events are stacked now. Make that the guy in the gt drives out paying nothing because he brought a mondeo two years ago. So he gets the supercar for free and the other guy. Well he was lucky he wasn't just given a unicycle.

Please stop with the ridiculous arguments. You have made your point badly so walk away as you said you would. It's just getting more painful seeing how much you feel so entitled

20. In an event. Not should a build complete player but nice try to distort the words and take them out of context.
    Sets the playing board for how you respond to legitimate arguments.