Event issues and solution

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _____NIGHTWING_____, Apr 27, 2016.

1. You just make dumb and argumentative assertions which undermines your argument.

No one will spend because they're smaller? Spending was far more even in the past because builds were smaller? I don't want balanced competition? I don't want new or small players? Those who haven't served their time aren't worth anything? You're sounding foolish mate.

Having those that are bigger and get bigger rewards is the drive for many of the smaller folks to spend. It's the "I wanna be like that" effect. If there's no reason to get bigger because you don't see a proportional benefit, that's when smalls won't spend. And no...haha...there was even more disproportionate spending back in the day than there is now. That was the only way to get super huge when all of the accounts were smaller in CS and there's wasn't hte making big gold.

Regarding the rest, I love balanced competition, I love new players and actively help them when I get the chance, and I think new players and smaller players are worth their weight in gold, so to speak, because they are what will keep this awesome game going for years more.

Just because I don't think smaller or newer accounts should get ridiculous handouts or that those who've worked for years should have their efforts ignored, doesn't mean what you claim.

2. Yes...that was my point. Currently it's about being BC, what build you have etc. Our point is it should be only based on activity.

We'll have to disagree on what events are about.

You missed what I said completely. I agreed that someone who is CEO and been working 30+ should not be getting the same pay and benefits as someone who just started. My point was centred around effort. The CEO has worked hard to get where he/she is. That isn't in dispute. But that doesn't mean the efforts of another employee shouldn't be rewarded because they haven't been working for 30 years (kindly note I'm not talking about increasing wage). So I'll say again. Should a CEO be excused for doing no work while others below him/her put in 12+ hour days? Does working for 30 years excuse them for doing nothing compared to everyone else? I don't think so. I recognize how much effort they put in before hand but that doesn't give them a free pass to do nothing while everyone else works their ass off. I'm not saying increase their salary. But there should be some reward for working so hard, right? That's my point.

Yes, if an LB account slacks off and a smaller account is super active they should be getting better rewards. I'll say this again: what you've done in the past doesn't mean you can do nothing now and get the same rewards as someone who actually puts in the effort to get those rewards.

Yes in a year or two you can pass someone who has been playing for 5 years. I've seen it too. But you won't pass an LB or BC account as easily. Again, stop comparing KaW to 5 years ago. This is the way it is now.

I was only givig an example of how effort should be rewarded and that BC doesn't exempt you from that. I didn't literally mean there'll be BC accounts who only unload oncr a day :roll:

Not sure what you're trying to get at here. We don't think promos are based on activity. We know that they're not. We're saying they SHOULD be.

3. Yeah, I think we're kindof saying the same thing in just a different way regarding the CEO analogy and kaw.

The point I guess I was trying to make is the LB accounts, the CEO of analogy, aren't putting in one hour a day or one unload a day in the promo. Those LB accounts are still getting their 10+ unloads per day every day and that's how they're holding their LB position and how they're getting the good drops in the promo. So I'm not sure what your analogy was getting to as a comparison to kaw as the folks that are getting all those big drops from the big ebs aren't slacking...they're working just like the smaller folks to unload hourly.

5. And if you believe they can compete on actions. Why the fear to make them actually work for it. Most active and highest spenders on regens will get the top prizes. But more could reach the top 13 level slowly giving them achievable targets and a reason to spend and grow.

6. So being bigger and having spent more money on the game should not afford you certain advantages when it comes to playing the game?

Just wanted to make sure I had that part clear..

7. It should. The bigger you are, the more gold you make. The harder ebs you can hit. You can make gold easily in ally trading. You do well at events. Can smack people around in PvP :grin:

Again, Nightwing's proposal does not take any of that away from a BC account.

8. And thus, we are down to the fundamental argument and disagreement.

You claim..."No again. It's saying that activity alone should be factored. The build size and style should not matter nor should the epic battle. It should be based entirely on actions whereby ever player can complete and have a chance at good prizes and maybe top prizes with some spending. Which means build complete have to spend to. Not put all the financial burden on smalls who are blatantly being ripped off with real money purchases."

You'll find that there are those of us, myself being one, that do not agree that activity alone should be the only factor. Build size should matter, the level of eb should matter, it shouldn't just be based on activity.

All of the financial burden isn't on the smalls and they're not getting ripped off. Do you have any idea how much money has been spent on battle cries in Sucker Punch alone? haha. I can pretty much guarantee that the spending in our one clan dwarfs the "smalls who are suffering the financial burden" of keeping kaw going.

And no, the smalls aren't being ripped off. You're right, we're all customers....and we all get the same thing for the same cost. Your $20 xstal package gives the same number of xstals that mine does and the same number that Wooloolooop's does. It's what you then get when you use that xstal that has you all worked up. And that's where we disagree. I think that my xstal should get me more when used because I've put in more effort and money to be bigger than you. I don't think you should get the same benefit from your xstal....cuz you're smaller.

Now, should you pay more for your xstal? No. We all pay the same. The point is that I was once your size and I bought an xstal and used it and I got the same plunder that you now get. The only reason that I get more benefit from an xstal now, compared to you, is that I'm a couple hundred (or thousand) xstals ahead of you. When you catch up to me, you'll then get the same rewards per xstal that I get right now.

9. Yes they are still working hard. But not as hard. BC accounts can make 1k drops an hour. It takes a smaller account all day to get to 1k drops.

10. I don't believe xtals are the same as event drops. Bigger accounts will always make more gold. But when put in comparison to where that build is compared to another, it's virtually the same. i.e. 1T to me is the same as 100b to a play one quarter my size. They're not the correct calculations but I hope you get my point.

I feelm this post might have been overlooked so I'll post it again rather than repeating the same thing again.

11. No, that's reductio ad absurdum, you ignore the qualification that the OP is only referring to events and not the macro game environment.

Bc players hitting a T1 epic will still continue to receive more plunder and drops than a new player hitting because drops are based on damage done. That's a fair outcome.

The bc player will continue to grow via bfa, as before, and will continue to hit harder and will get more eb completion rewards and higher drops for the same T1 epic. That's a fair outcome.

Bc players and larger non-bc players will get more gold for hitting asof and lotr because of the increased difficulty:gold mechanisms. That's a fair outcome.

However the disproportionate disparity between asof/lotr event drop caps is not fair. 3 times higher than big T5 epics, and 9 times higher than HTE. The drops per unload for hitting those ebs is also vastly disproportionate and unfair. I got about 600 items for asof; I would have to do 6 T3 epics for the same outcome but that would require doubling my investment in time. I can't compete on eb grinding.

Even a pay to win player is not able to compete because of the low cap on HTE drops. Without xtal one unload would get me 40 items, so I would need 3 xtals per HTE for 100-110 items. If my target is 15k items I need to hit at least 150 HTEs burning 450 xtals. HTEs last about 30 minutes now, so that's 112 hours gameplay per event (including the 15 minute cooldowns). A huge time investment for cash-rich, time poor players.

12. I should just point out that my interest only extends to nerfing/balancing drop rates for the highest ebs to have caps and drops in fair proportion to the other ebs. My PoV is a criticism of the current mechanics based on observation and empirical research and my advocation of balancing mechanisms is a conservative solution.

The OP's proposals are way more radical as a solution that would absolutely result in fairness to active small players and pay to win players burning xtals.

13. Idk if this has been asked since I didn't read all the posts but how exactly do you get 15k items in 3 days op? It would mean 5000 items a day and with the eb drops maxing out at around 1k items per eb it would mean you have to complete 5 asofs and 5 lotl's every day to get those 5000 items.

10 ebs a day means that without sleep you get a little over 2 unloads per eb. 2 unloads per eb is not enough to get the max drops from those ebs. You would need to use a lot of xtals. and not sleep.

Correct me if I'm wrong please

14. Now stop cryin about your greedy nature and unwillingness to compete for one feature ina game ina a limited time promo. Frankly it's becoming embarrassing seeing how self important and how self absorbed others are becoming.
    Not once have you commented on any plus points this system offers. Just how much you fear it would take sway from you Ad how many smalls will run trains and xtals and waste their money when they realise the get less than a tenth of someone doing exactly the same thing.
    So of tonight. I sign off and will log back tomorrow to remind me of how self indulged some are. And scared of having to actually compete on a level playing field.
    So funny the suggestion of a fair event item causes so much panic at the thought of having to be competitive. And having more people potentially able to reach the top 15 k rewards which would be awesome for encouraging new and smaller players to grow and spend more money becoming apart of the game and even the community.

15. Op reply to me I'm 2 posts up please

16. Perhaps a different analogy would be more accurate to this conversation.

Mr. Smith walks into a steakhouse and drops a ton of money on the most lavish dinner with the best wine and appetizers and desserts, and then tosses a hefty tip on the top. He the does this the following week, and the week after, and the week after, every Friday night. You have to know that within just a few weeks, the waitresses, manager, and owner are going to know exactly who Mr. Smith is.

A month or two later Mr. Smith is going to arrive and be greeted at the front door by the manager or owner who will say, "Mr. Smith, fantastic to see you again. I've got the best table in the restaurant already laid out for you and I took the liberty of setting out a bottle of our best champagne for you, on the house." And it's going to continue, just like that, every time that Mr. Smith comes in. Even on the nights when Mr. Smith comes in and just wants a single steak and no lavish dinner...he's still gonna be treated like a king, that's just good business.

Now, 3 years later, Mr. Jones comes in a few times for dinner and after his 4th visit he says, "Hey, I'm paying the same $50 for my steak that Mr. Smith is, why don't I get the best table and the front door service? In fact, I demand that you kick Mr. Smith out of that table and make him come sit with all of us other customers."

To make that demand of the restaurant owner is just silly, and frankly, that demand would be offensive and presumptuous. Mr. Jones should certainly still get a good steak and good customer service....but he shouldn't get Mr. Smith's table or all of the other benefits that a business' "Best Customer" would get.

That's you. You're Mr. Jones, coming into the restaurant of kaw and demanding Mr. Smith's table. It would be a very foolish business decision by ATA to shaft Mr. Smith and put him on equal footing with you, the newer customer that hasn't spent like Mr. Smith has.

You should still get a good promo (steak dinner), you should still get good customer service, and you should get some good promo drops and equipment. But to demand and expect that Mr. Smith get the same treatment as you....that's just foolish from a business standpoint. Come in as long as Mr. Smith has, spend like Mr. Smith has, then you'll get treated like Mr. Smith.

17. And now imagine everyone else getting. 1/10 of the steak. And you have what kaw represents.
    Plus like I do he should have booked his table as if table aren't booked they work on first com first served. If I paid for my steak first. Tough if I got his uncooked table.

18. No support, although I do agree it is unfair in some ways, not completely unfair but flawed, your fix is far more flawed. People would abuse regen on scout bars because scout bars are more troop efficient. Also even AFF drops more items than actions.

19. You should try owning a business, I think you'd find that your view of things wasn't so entitled anymore as a customer.

20. And also furthering that. In kaw the high set spenders get daily offers , these are linked to their spending.
    So they actually get a far larger steak.
    Whilst again the smaller newer customer just gets upgraded to 2/10 of his steak. Until he has spent enough to earn the same offers as mr jones. But still mr jones gets yet another perk. Even more free items that are worth substantially more in gold worth than the smaller players spending for the same transaction cost.
    Again the small player is ripped off.
    And again. The events are the only way to offer some way to balance the continuing disparity that just gets worse the longer I look at it.