Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm + Rules)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

This is all academic any way. Val can wax lyrical on their l33t tracking skills. The fact is, if the devs perform 5 in a row like this last abortion, they won't need to worry about EE any more.

Devs, just flop in a double gold haunt. You're good at that. Easy. Actually, scratch that. You need a better algorithm. Multiply the gold payout by 10. Then divide by 10. Then add 5 billion. Then subtract 5 billion. Then multiply by 2. You're analyst programmers will have a ball.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Devs,

In general I never post feedback in forums. I am only one player among thousands and my opinion is no more important than the others, but the devs asked for feedback and that's simply what this post is.

Before I begin, congratulations to Tgia Reborn. They had a great starting strategy, fought hard, and won fair and square.

My feedback to devs is ...

BFA: in your update yesterday you said about matchups
    "It does not look at BFA or BFE." yet in this post you said ...
    "2) We are also matching clans based on the build and ally strength of each member"

...and proceeded to show a graph doing so. Isn't this a contradiction? Maybe I missed something.

BFE: Did not seem to be as much a factor today as BFA.

HIT RATIO: Today you also said ...
    "we are matching clans up so that we maximize the ratio of opponents that you can hit"

This does not indicate whether that "hit" is a successful action or unsuccessful action. Out of 28 opposing players, I couldn't successfully attack (which gives plunder needed for winning wars) 9 players, had DTS for 1, and DTW for 3. 15 out of 28 targets is not a great ratio. (others may have had the same number, idk, just my observation) Again, the algorithm doesn't seem to factor that in based on your statement.

KO TIME: The 10 minute KO time was fine.

CLAN CS: As for cs comparison, we were closer matched in that area than many of our other matches have been (not sure why PoC gets the cs matches where the opponent is 80-100 mill more and have more players. Maybe it's another clan's turn to be blessed liked that?<cough SOTRA> JUST KIDDING! SOTRA is great at what they do so it wouldn't matter anyway.)

TIMEFRAME: The 2 hour timeframe isnt my favorite now that you've given as a taste of 1 hour wars.

In general, I think this week's tweaks weren't great. I know these are all tests, but this lab rat didn't do well with his test today.

I still enjoy KAW. Bought my crystals and nob points this week like others. (it's end of the month and I know your boat payments are due. Can I ever get a ride on it since I helped buy it?)

- keep KAW fun! Thanks for reading this.
    Jedi_Maestro

P.S. Great job again, Tgia Reborn!

3. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

If

No

BFE

Then

Not

Total

Strength

Saying you're taking total strength into account doesn't mean you are actually soon so.

The Math is actually quite simple:

Building Stats plus BFA plus BFE equals total strength.

But Building stats plus BFA is only partial strength as it doesn't consider BFE in the match up calculations.

I wish you - the game developers - would simply come out with a straight answer as to why BFE hasn't been considered.

In the absence of a straight answer it seems like you're treating everyone like idiots, and most of us are not.

4. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Ok even the devs can't be this stupid with the match ups as ppl have said some of the worst match up seen for ee.
    Saying this after this weekend no matter the system they choose the match ups will be better and they can point to this week and tell us they have sorted match ups out.
    Well done very clever
    Ps we all like a good conspiracy

5. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

@ KoS MM - if BFE is not taken into account then there are massive holes in the match up system allowing for potentially extremely one-sided wars. This is because many players now have equipment that provides as much or even more stats than both their buildings and allies plunder bonus combined. Thus, the match up calculus will look at those players as weak, but in reality they are strong. That's why the failure to account for BFE seems so weird. It's almost like the devs are tying to screw up the way the system EE wars are assigned. The silence on the devs part is deafening.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

As far as our match up today I thought was right on point. Despite the fact we won it was done by teamwork n patients. We'll see what the rest of the weekend hold as far as that's concerned.
    As far as the matching algorithm I feel the distribution of strength and bfa with in the clans warring is most important. This would have done away with some of the mismatches but not all. In hatefields case they would have not gotten zd if that was figured instead.
    As far as the gh the dtw was a pedestrian type of fix all that was required was either reducing the plunder they earn or the plunder they give or both in PvP only. Not to debilitate them completely. We have gh in our clan as well they are very effective but when faced with a clan that's more than half it's near impossible to make up the plunder difference from what they take n what they give.
    We'll see what the rest of the weekend holds

7. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Max 29 or 33 devs? Sign up says 33 still.....

8. Hi devs, this is the secont war today where i didnt get a notification at all about a match up, i realize you took away the rank but why not show us # of ppl and the clan name