Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm + Rules)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

giskardbthat won't happen, the clans favoured by mismatches aren't going to give up easy mith.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

BFE does NOT need to be in matchup. ANYONE can get it in a flash. Do a war, max scout full pots for huge mith reward. Buy some equip. SIMPLE.

3. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Have to agree w/Giskard here devs. Pretty hosed attempt at fixing what was not broke. W/O varied ko times you have anybody with a watch in a pretty fine seat. Not factoring in BFE .... Geez, I've never lost so many assn attempts. Maybe a kaw EE boycot is in order to get the MSG across to you.
    Hope your code writers didn't bill u for too much overtime for this losing effort

4. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Val, seriously mate, you can't possibly have enjoyed that war. If you want to shoot fish in a barrel, might was well do EB.

5. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

I have to agree with Hat. We have had our fair share of bad matchups in season one. But today was the worst ever (btw great victory ZAFT ). There were 5 top 100 allylb players against 1.....need I say more? Devs. You are definately on the wrong track!

6. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

We had a solid match, equal skill, experience, bfe, etc but I'm not feeling PoC was our closest opponent in rank. We shouldn't have been able to push them around like that imo, and feel they may have better matched with a lower ranked clan strength wise.

I'd LOVE to see a clan ranking list to see why the matches happened they way they did.

All in all, respect to PoC for the hard fought war.

7. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Serious Failure on this one Devs! 

8. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Dear Devs...

τħᎯɴκ ΎΘƲ
    ʃΘર τħε ᎯȘȘ ώħΘΘρίɴĢ
    ƈΘɴĢરᎯτƲιᎯτίΘɴȘ

Please feel free to provide free lube next time...

9. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Agree w/ Gis... This new setup stinks royally!! Fix it!!

10. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Gis, WAR ain't built for EE that's why you guys have a 50/50 win/loss

11. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

So basically devs are taking away the whole point of a guild hansel just because big players are wusses. Great.

12. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Math up was very bad for rising. To be honest it is for most clans against us, unless a clan in a higher bracket flukes a match with us

13. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Please kaw admin!! Take note on the feedback given here! Do you seriously expect us to use our own money to let you know that you screwed up?

Testing mechanics is fine. But I agree that we should not have to use our own money for you to play Computer Geek with.

At this rate by war 6 you'll be sat drinking coffee wondering where all the warring clans are! Sort it out. Your new algorithm does not work. Simple. 

14. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Hiya Devs,

Last week I took part in 3 great wars... Edge of your seat, nail biting, loads of fun wars that made a big impact into playing this game which with the EB's is just a tap tap to make gold.

The EW's or bar brawls as I like to call them
     are just great! I get that you have to trial and fine tune, though this week it looks like you have done a complete u-turn... So what just needed a little more tinkering with sorting the GH issue, adding BFE seems to have been thrown out the window.

Tonight was just the worst war to date... No fun... Just feel flat now and not looking forward to the next war, if it is even decided to actually war...

Last weeks mechanics is imo the way forward and I think you will have more clans participating with that system than you will with the intended wars for this weekend.

Look forward to some change for the better...

An unhappy bar brawler.

15. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Was it because there was a set KO time and people could track more? Therefore the other enemies skilled trackers had you pinned down all war?

Not fun. But that's what separates clans. EE equip should be only for the elite

16. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Val, I'm not talking about WAR. I can accept the mechs of our clan makeup. Your clan is hand crafter for EE. I expect you to win the lion share of your matches. But I'm not talking about that either.

I'm talking about the fact that OVER 90% of today's matches were total fails that ended in a complete rout.

That's wrong because they're concentrating on the same crap. The wrong crap. And they've regressed to as bad or worse than the very first EE matches.

17. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

The only cause was trackers being back in the game. With tracking, you assass first. No tracking attacks first.

18. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

So I am confused. Does this mean that a 10m cs person can't hit a gh because that wouldn't be fair?

19. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Val tracking has nothing to do with this every clan has trackers some better then others

It was matchups that screwed the pooch today plain and simple in an even or close to even war tracking becomes a secondary thought to counter hitting and crystal calls

A 15 minute timer and 1-2 minute advantage to keep all the anti tracking people happy would suffice and keep it from being a spam fest

But today had nothing to do with that WAR is no where near the correct strength to fight kings castle and anyone looking at it could tell u that no matter the builds

20. I didnt have problms attacking anyone but i know some clan mates did.

The beauty of system wars is that everyone can attack anyone so dtw/dts mechs are silly.

If you complain that a gh can hit you get better defence, though luck, with pots, bfa and bfe anyone can attack anyone.

The problm in my view is gh is the plunder they make compared to what plunder we make from them.
    Instead of fixing what aint broken i would say make gh pay more and leave the rest alone.

Ps: if you keeping the ko times back to regular ones 10minutes is too short, the 15 was better. please give us back clan rank and number in news when matchup happens.