Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm + Rules)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 28, 2013.

1. All those war are test, devs is looking for the best match possible, just post you comment after you try it, to me, I like the 1 hour war, and I don't like random ko, like that one war we were sat by other team the whole war, and we won the war without even use a single xstal.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Also if ur not factoring in bfe into the match up ur not measuring "total" strength at all ur leaving 1/3 of a build out sometimes as much as 500% of that builds hitting power left out of ur matching

This system will result in closer cs matches and less no matches but not closer matches overall specially considering ur leaving out so much of wat makes up a kingdoms REAL strength in war. then on top of that 10 minute regen times ? We already when over that 10 minutes isn't enough time to regen enough troops to be effective hitting from pin u need at least the 3rd regen in most cases specially when ur talking about the larger cs players

3. Can anyone tell me if GH has been nerfed or not?

4. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Why dont u just allow players to sign up for war and match them by computer based on exp, size and bfe/bfa. Its the only thing you guys havent overthought n screwed up yet!

5. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

When you need to use graphs and pages of text to explain why something is fair it usually means it isn't. I thought last weeks mechanics were fine. We will see about this weeks but I'm doubtful. GL everyone

6. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

No gh not been nerfed ... Won't be nerfed just adjusted who they can hit from wat the devs said in post

Right now they are actually more effective in wars dts mechanic allows u to hit far higher up then dtw mechanic stops u from hitting down

So a gh can strike at everyone upto 8 mil cs (haven't tested higher) and only players smaller then 4.5 mil cs (not sure of exact number) can return fire on them

7. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

This means, if I war, I won't be clobbered by guild hansels :)

8. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Hey devs, just letting you know I think it's an extremely logical decision to continue excluding BFE from match ups despite all the support and "reasoning" behind doing so. So what if an enemy has a few 100m more CS than someone they can just work to get that equipment too and if they missed first season too bad. Total support to devs.

9. Wow this looks like very promising solution to no match and unbalanced match up guys :) Also kudos for supplying players with the data you used in making these decisions as this should be a effort to improve kaw by the community as a whole. i await respones from players that can make these war times to see how improved this system is. *cheers

10. Hi devs, please look into our match up, i have hit there strongest member no problems..... and i shouldnt be able to with dtw/dts, hopfully this helps you, thank you devs

11. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

ST4T1ON_H1N3Y, that piece of information you just gave there is wrong. If a GH can hit a 8m cs player, then the BFA of the GH must be high, so smaller players that normally would be able to hit the GH, wouldn't be able to. The GH would be put into a higher 'bracket'. Also, if the GH was able to hit the 8m cs player, than the 8m cs player can hit back.

12. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Wink, that's exactly what this system is going for. :)

13. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Am i the only one that thinks they just draw random lines on paper. Lol

14. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Jac u are incorrect niether player has any bfa and was tested and confirmed this morning

I can give u players names if u like

Dtw is a smaller margin then dts u can hit up much further then u can hit down that has always been the case with the Bully mechanic I tested today just to confirm they had not changed it

15. if
    this
    is
    applicable
    for
    all
    wars
    specially
    dts
    and
    dtw

then goodbye ee

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no point of using xtals

muawahahahaha

16. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Also Jacob please continue to watch the match ups there will be the same number of blow out wins as normal and the same number of close matches

They changed how they did match ups but used the same factors ... Coming to around the same conclusions

17. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Gh shouldn't be allowed to hit bigger builds. Thanks devs.

18. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

Looking at current war scores I think it's safe to say this algorithm doesn't work (to put it mildly). If you want to equalize things do it with troop and spy loss equalization a accounting for total strength differences. Very simple

19. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

At 1 hour only 8 were wat u would consider close plunder wise at 1:30 only 6 that number may be cut down more

And Jac I have a note book full of testing data kaw mechanic notes and everything else that has to do with kaw along with full war rosters from every ee match I've been in with full stats and breakdowns from both sides

I think I have a pretty good understanding of mechanics and just to be sure I did actually test this morning just to double check

20. Re: Estoc Trials - War 1 (New Matchup Algorithm Rules)

The matchup for this system is very badly done. Dts and dtw together with 10mins ko doesn't work out well