Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6 *UPDATE July 12*

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Yeah, it sucks. It's whack a mole all over again, on top of the constant spam fest.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Holy hell devs! Come on already. Get over the stupid ass 5 min opt in. It's MORONIC! Who the hell in their right mind is going to opt back in after 1 regen. OH WAIT I KNOW!!! The pansies who don't really care to fight. There is no strategy in a 1 hr war. Plunder up and sko for the remaining 50+ minutes. Hope like hell you sko better than the other team. OH NO DON'T LET ME GET ATTACKED!!! Really!?!?!? You've now made this Kingdoms at Hide and Go Seek!!!!

I grow tired of all the catering to everyone all the time....here's a hint....YOU CAN'T! Next thing you know there will be 30 min pillow fight wars. Sheesh! Why the **** do I need 2 hrs to prepare for 10 mins of a war!?!?!?!? Just matchup and start this ignorance 30 mins after matchup. Or better yet. K.I.S.S. They season worked. Make MINOR adjustments to an already proven product. Is there just a group of rednecks over there sitting in front of 'puters going "Hold mah beer, watch'is ****!?"

Honestly, get rid of the 1 hr wars. Make the regen times 10-15 mins random regen times. Keep the season cs, bfa, # of accounts in program. Mix in bfe at a lower weight for those who cry about that **** and the get the hell out of your own damn way!

I know, these are tests, blah blah ******* blah. But there have been now SIX WEEKS OF FAILURES!!!!!! The season was only 8 weeks long and for the most part things worked. Crontrary to what you've shown us stupid is NOT an actual job skill to be worked on.

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

I'm liking the 1hr war very much..thanks for bringing those back! I'm not liking the 5 min ko "advantage" at
    all..I agree with the others who believe 1-2 min is just fine...still peeps complain about being matched up with clans who have bfe and guild Hansels..build some towers (no more guild Hansels) your FOD EB build will not cut it..sorry got to sacrifice some plunder or don't participate

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

I ask this from the standpoint of someone who thinks computers are magic boxes that I will never understand . . . . . so bear with me.

Last weeks the devs revealed that some clans were able to see data that other clans could not (or perhaps better stated did not know how) to see. Whether they used this to help them win EE wars--I have no idea. I didn't even know you could do that kind of stuff.

Anyway, with the trials of random KO times, is it possible that those same advanced, l33t, ninja-like-skilled, computer hacking teams are able to see the random ko time of their targets as well? I could see that being a HUGE advantage. Hypothetically, if I knew the supposedly random ko time of every opponent--but they don't know my team's regen time--that would be a game changer.

Devs, is it possible that those skilled computer teams are able to access that info as well? If so, that is another strike against random KO times in my book.

I will reiterate my preference for 15 minute ko times, like last season. In the alternative, 15 minute ko times with 2 minute advantage.

Cheers,

Kage.

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Oh good devs more stupid turtle war spam fest .. Idk how many of the feedbacks you read but I'm pretty sure very few support this system of turtling.

These wars are nothing but who can button mash and sko the fastest no skill required

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Yay 1 hour wars! Thanks devs!

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

I like the 5 min advantage but not when you are able to come up after only 5 min. My fav is 15 min max and you can come out up to 5 min early.

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Lol. I don't get why devs even bother telling y'all anything. All it does is create more whining. "Waah waah waah, we can't win when you do it like that! I demand you change it!" They change it and it goes "Waah waah Waah, we still can't win change it again!"

Either drop your eb build like a lot of us did or accept that

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Cut me off last post....

Drop your eb plunder build and build for wars or accept that you are going to lose to those that have

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Stray,

I haven't seen anyone on this thread whining about builds. The topic has been the 5 minute ko window and length of regen time. Those seem like legitimate topics to discuss.

If you are trying to turn the topic to builds, then kudos--I fell for your troll. If not, what is your opinion on the 5 minute ko window?

Cheers,

Kage.

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

It's 5 mins of spamming targets if your up. Little more time consuming but if that's what it takes to win, that's what it takes to win.

I do believe I've read a few "gh exploit" posts. If not my apologies, I've been screwing around in forums today.

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Stray,

Thanks for the reply. I think that is the general consensus. The 5 minute "advantage" does not enhance EE at all. Rather it makes it into a mindless spam fest hoping to catch a kingdom that pops up. Think Whack-a-Mole.

Turns the entire EE system back into turtle wars. If you are down, you try to pop up for plunder and get back into sko before the team that is up can hit you. If you are up, its a mindless spam fest hoping to catch a kingdom that pops up.

I understand that the request for a window to pop up voluntarily was made because people were getting tracked. However, with proper crystal usage by a clan, you can come out of ko and defeat the tracking. But that is for another topic.

I support back to 15 minute set ko times, or if the devs insist on giving a window, make it a 15 minute set ko time, with a 2 minute advantage. Save us all from developing carpal tunnel syndrom from mindless clicking.

Cheers,

Kage.

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

I can see some cries
    if you dont like warring against gh: dont war
    If dont like 1hr war: dont war
    If you dont like what the devs doing: dont war

Check sotra and rising hawks in particular:
    to many changes have been done this past few weeks yet they win

You keep on losing thats why you keep on complaining

Its all about strategy
    Cries does not mean winning.

You keep on complaining about gh
    Then dont war

Or use gh also.
    Or make your roster that it will not be matched against gh clan..
    Then be matched with battle grounds, warlor, zaft and other big clans
    Dont like it?
    Again dont war.
    As simple as that.

Good luck everyone

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

-ambush- well said mate I agree completely.

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

I have an idea :)

Ok, so the whole point of these experimental wars is to remove the mechanicalness of tracking. However, so far and as predicted, these wars are just hit and miss - back to spamming and turtling.

So, how about a meet in the middle where tracking can still be present but much more tricky to do to give pinned opponents a chance to come out of of pin and not be flooded with incoming. But, at the same time, leave some actual strategy (in fact, introduce extra strategy).

When some one is knocked out or knocks themselves out, they have a set knock out time dependant on their ko/sko action.

So if they are ko'd by an attack, they are ko'd for x minutes, from a scout - y minutes, sko z minutes etc. etc.

As I said before, this will make tracking more difficult but not abolish it, introduce extra tactics and make these wars more dependant on co operation.

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Thanks for the 1hr wars return devs. You're awesome!! :mrgreen:

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6 *UPDATE June 10*

hey ambush you forgot about wolves reborn and their 9-1 off season record

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6 *UPDATE June 10*

@ Nt-stray-nf
    My clan won 6/6 wars last week and I have reached lvl 50 rancor last season. I could care less about builds and winning if the wars are boring as hell.

When I literally lose interest half way through the war cause all I do is spam a target to
    Get 1-2 hits in before sko or ko.

These wars suck why would anyone want to keep warring when they are no fun?

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6 *UPDATE June 10*

Wars were more fun when rosters weren't locked. The possibility of added people added excitement and it fit the social ekement-those who could call good warriors did well. All active starts are too "corporate", if you choose your active time, you can fit it in your RL, this is a game. Until equipment - until all things that help you win - are counted, matches are meaningless.

20. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 6

Support!