Estoc Trials - Test Wars - WEEK 5 *with KO clarificatin*

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Wow... I am astonished.
    The people smart enough to discover how to create a bot that works like that should go to work for Microsoft, Google or their Government & stop ruining our game!

2. @Kaw_admin how much of a plunder delay should we expect? The old 15min delay was decent.. if it is delayed any more this will be a huge dissappointment!

3. People/clans bottling and cheating? Why have these people not been punished? Or is this just reaction to a lot of complaints that it "had to be going on"? If these people are smart enough to create a program capable of that kind of action how is simply removing data from a screen gonna solve anything? Just my opinion

4. My clan was cheated in war because of bots.if you are a real warrior accept these changes because people really cheat I have a video of people doing it. If the players didn't cheat then maybe season 1 would be fine it is not.

5. So much face palming to catch up on. Sadness.

6. Devs,

Following on from belles posts..

Now due to tous and having to tread carefully let's image im telling a story... that many in kaw especially those in certain lb / war clan circles saw a revelation of an ee spreadsheet showing monitored actions beyond front page data.. Even a link??? I'm not saying it exists or I like many even heard specific names mentioned.. I'm imagining remember 

So your recent change in tactic offsets this ability IF the rumours running around kaw are correct.. But if so there's a massive security concern here and loss of faith.. What else can be seen by dishonest players? If its all bs and lies then fair play 

But IF they are true this is an epic concern which I honestly feel you guys have to post in an individual thread explaining these rumours into facts and what you intend to do to those clearly involved and in turn restore some faith in security and players ability to look beyond front page.

Now I've not accused anyone or any clans of cheating.. I'm just imaging and skirting around rumours and telling a story.. Obviously if you choose to not post an honest and open thread then I'm sure at some point someone will with ss of spreadsheet and that's not gonna be in anyone's interest especially ATA. I mean people tend to hype and twist truth to suit personal / clan agendas so having the facts and intended punishment presented would be beneficial. Above isn't a threat just I think many are waiting to see what you intend to do IF rumours are correct before taking actions into own hands.

I personally think due to sensitivity of this story I'm telling honesty from ATA would be best policy.

Thanks
    Def

7. @Belle. fantastic explanation.

@ Dark Knight, bro, NO ONE gets to see the actions now...not either side, so, in my mind it's fair. It doesn't destroy any strategy that isn't hurt equally on both sides of the equation. It's not "insurmountable" by any means. No one is gonna lose a war cause you can't see action total, cause it's fair to both sides. Now what isn't fair, is a clan that CAN see in detail every action/type/fail/success. These wars are serious business to alot of clans in time, effort and real money...I'd rather everyone "lose" something equally, then let ppl cheat, and undermine that hard work, effort, time and money spent.

8. @Tal all plunder will be delayed by a bit , don't know how long . @John the data will not be sent during the war so they can't collect it . As in Belles post you see they type of info they can acquire from it.

9. All the matchup algorithms we used did take into BFA. However, we are reverted to the older system which considered BFA to be more important.

10. Going along with your story, none of what you described is conclusive evidence for us to say Clan X cheated. Due to the nature of what your story describes, it is not possible for us to look at the data that we have and say with 100% certainty that Clan X or Clan Y or Clan Z cheated.

Instead of chasing down rumours, we have instead worked to closed off the ability for your story to be true.

11. im sorry that still leaves me questioning if bfa is factored into matchups. can anyone clear this up for me?

12. @kaw

Very true you can't say 100% and I accept that. BUT with a large percentage of players aware of this story I think you need to consider some damage limitation here and give ATA side in full from start to finish and while you can't prove I think you do have enough to seriously look into certain individuals via an open and honest thread rather then let all these rumours fly around and paying / warring customers have real concerns.. Just saying I think you'd expect the same in our position

13. Thank you Devs! Totally support

Congrats and thank you Belle and Curtish

Well said Def We deserve an explanation

14. @ val.
    totally agree its a fair handicap to both clans
    But it's still one that shouldn't of been needed due to a few certain individuals/ clans.
    And as part of a clan on another me that takes wars very seriously to say the least I object massively to anyone that abuses the system like this.
    Doesn't change the fact that there are too many knee jerk changes announced last minute without prior warning to the community.
    This may be ata's game but we all play it and support it.
    Is it too much to be informed of why changes are implemented and who is responsible for these actions when blatant alleged cheating is involved?
    And assuming bots can continue to sweep and hit as alleged in the past by some then these high plundering targets are now that little bit harder to track.
    But what the heck. Will see what other changes come out next week

15. BFA is back to where it was before .

16. OK I get the changes but my new question is what will war roster consist of now? Just names of opponents from other team? Will the individual plunder total be displayed? Or will the war roster change with top plunder to last without individuals plunder total?

17. Yes you could have giving us this **** a bit earlier you know...

18. So with the system updating less will there be less lag? I figure the less updating the system has to do might benefit us in other ways.

19. SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT to the devs for this update. Well played and here's hoping the devs can gather enough proof to give any ALLEGED cheaters what's coming to them.

Those that know me, know I work damn hard in every war I do and I find it disgusting that others get the mith for setting off a bot and sitting back. Shame on you.

20. Is this the source of the post war reports Killer United gives its players (as they state on their recruitment thread), or can the information be obtained in some other fashion? If you can get the type of information they are talking about without violating the TOU I can see where it would be very helpful in learning how to EE war.

Cheers,

Kage.