Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13 WAR 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

Why aren't you dealing with the VP mith exploit Devs. Make it real easy, you can't win more than you cast. It sucks for ppl who war twice in a day and happen to lose second one. But this is BS!!!

It's an exploit for a valuable commodity in the KaW world, what the hell are you waiting for? When you introduced VP you said you would monitor for exploits, time to step it up.

Some of us work hard for are wins and losses, these exploiters make a mockery of EE. Fix it.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

Honestly I think two things may have to happen going forward.

1) ELO system, where better organized clans who plan for wars, track well, etc, face each other, but are rewarded for the extra effort with better rewards.

2) a creative way to normalize power between players/clans in order to create improved matchups; suggestions include a) a merc system where mercs are assigned to teams in order to plug in holes in the match up, and b) placing people on a curve to normalize stats (e.g. the LB player twice as large as everyone else will suffer a 20% decrease in BFA/BFE/CS, etc).

currently, the system matches based on BFA/BFE/CS which has many flaws. Firstly, BFE is not only too heavily counted into the match ups, it is also silly to penalize players who have won equipment fair and square with harder matchups without the benefit of better rewards. to expand on the problem with using BFE is that while BFE may be really important when everyone is playing from pin, what ends up happening, is clans with a few huge leader board players with insane BFA are being matched against smaller clans with BFE. that BFE is useless against those LB players, and the LB players end up sitting on the smaller clan, and generating insane amounts of plunder, thereby winning the war. It is nearly impossible to fight these LB players who have the BFA to protect themselves and fight from full

the match up system is not working. period. delaying the start of season 2 by making small patches to the algorithm will not work. it is time to get creative. no one wants to see the pretty graphs showing how close wars are now compared with season 1 (and in reality they really arent considerably better), these surrogate markers of success are not validated nor an accurate representation of equal winability in wars.

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

Thirteen weeks of tests and still not even a gh tweak being tested. Pathetic guys. Very soon your gonna have two games, guild hansels at war and everyone else at glacial squall. Madden time!

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

All of our matches this weekend were great, thanks devs! I think we were a little outgunned on bfe some matches, but otherwise fantastic matching.

Keep working on it, ignore the haters, you guys rock :)

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

Bring back the old ee war system . That is based from cs stats and bfa with dtw/dts. Your hit ratios not working good. Ee season1 is better only few whiners.lol Stop complaining about gh guys ,u knw its hard to be gh..Their are alot ways u can counter back gh lol, dont complain about them much u almost wanna nerf gh warrers lmao.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

Soooooo much butthurt in these threads... If you don't like the matchups, then don't sign up 

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 13

The best strategy to win every war

- have 3-4 Leader board players and 6-7 Guild hansel with towers and 2-5 guild hansel and the rest of your clan can be any stat

- have 7 -8 Leader board on your roster each war and the rest of your clan can be any stat

U don't need any war strategy or any tracker because this hit ratio algorithm are easy to exploits

8. Lol shear. U just posted the recipe to lose every war. Have 7 lb and u get to fight warlor or NW or BG and they are big all the way through their lineup.

9. I dont think there will be a good match when your opponent is rising hawks. Lol
    look at the war history.
    the abnormality lives there.
    congrats rising hawks!

10. I say lets go back to season 1 algorithm .... Worked way better than this "test" wars.... To many blow outs in this 13 weeks of wars

11. Im a big fan of how ubtook out clan strength that way people have to guess to how much bigger the other clan is. To the guy above me who said 7lb players its actually 10 then 10 guild hansels then 8 or 9 8m cs people. This way your top and bottom can sit on enemy and the middle of your clan can go to sleep

12. Remove that dtw/dts system...back to old system

13. Devs you are NOT ready for season 2

14. Devs don't care about our complains, so long you keep doing test wars and buying xtals they ain't lossing but if we all don't do ee wars till this is problems is fixed ( especially the gh exploit and i have a gh btw so i know wat we make when we hit big players in ee) then devs would do something about it but if we keep whinning about bad matches and still do ee wars lol the devs are having a field day with our hard earned money and will do nothing about it. You want to get this fixed all clans don't do ee wars and see if the devs won't listen to you.

15. There have definitely been mismatches as the devs try to fix season one exploits. That being said, I don't see how they can draw conclusive data in regards to relative strength from boycotting.

A lot of forum comparatives given as examples only consider BFA. BFE cannot be ignored if you have a clan full equip almost across the board - that's a lot of cs added up on all accounts. Imo the most compelling argument is accurate data.

While I'm not saying all our matches been good, it would be nice to recognize most of us don't have much BFE and we are not stronger all the way through our roster as statless alt has said. Yes we do happen to have the most available ally lb right now but that designation is not unique to us... Warlor held that title for most of season one.

I would be curious to know what the percentage tolerance actually is in regards to true overall strength disparity as well as what it was for some of our matchups. Idk why that number is secret.

16. DEVS how can we be faced against gh strong clans we was destroyed war 5/6 look at results and sort it out

17. Thats right there have been a few mismatches expecially the rising hawks vs bg2 war was just a terrible match.up they were top heavier than us and overrall had more bfa so our gh couldnt even stand up to theres so your new algorythm really isnt working only because two clans have gh doesnt mean they can be matched up together and if i attack a gh and get 4 mil while they get 100-120m how is that fair they make enough to buy atleast one of each attack pot hitting me once while i.lose and although my stats bigger still chance i may lose? and they get successful about each hit when someone on their team who is bigger fails on me? makes no sence

18. Feedback:

Devs, week after week you fail to close the 2 main war exploits ...
    1. gh builds are rampant and dominating (and now most all have rediculously high bfe)
    2. stacked rosters with ally LB trampling away.

Re. 1: guilds create monks and artisans and shouldnt wear war equipmet. Just penalize their bfe during ee wars. Deduct 2% from bfe for each guild.

Re 2: Plain and simple, we need a transparent kingdom ranking system. Show the effective strength of each kingdom by totalling bfa bfe towers troops (@ 50%)= net stats. And while you're at it, use this as the LB overall ranking system (cuz the current one is trash)

19. Just make it worth taking the risk of a bad match and reimburs well and people might want to try to war a lot of clans wont take the risk now its to big of a loss

20. When are the devs going to tell us what's happening with season 2