Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 11

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Kaw admin: I notice you still have not addressed the issue of participation rates, from when ee started till now.

Unless of course you regard it as being unimportant in the conducting of ee wars.

2. @ KAW ADMIN

We send email, send feedback, and post in forums after you ask for feedback and I don't get any response. I am curious to a way of communicating to you that the issues I present (which are well formulated, resourceful and evidence based) in which we will get a response?

You want the kaw community to communicate to you, but why would anyone when we do and nothing is to come of it,

KNIGHT

3. We highlighted last week that we currently looking at making better a matchup system and trying to prevent blowouts.

We are working on solutions to promote participation but we don't have details to share with the community yet.

4. KaW admin-

You need to start matching by roster size again.. We've had matches where each player's corresponding player is 3m, and higher stat advantage

5. We have made some progress on GH but we have no update we can share until we've thoroughly modelled out the solution, which we are working on. We are focused on new EBs, land, buildings and the matchup system at the moment and don't want to rush the GH solution.

Happy to hear your thoughts on what you think we should do though.

6. So what your saying is during season 2 anticipate the GH to he able to plunder off of me and me not able to reciprocate?

7. Everyone is so quick to point out bfa difference in match-ups, but forget to check equipment match-ups. Everyone begged to have equipment count in match-ups, and now conveniently forget about it when the view their match-ups. Yes, there are still some bad matches but not as many as some of you make it out to be.

8. GH is an issue that we are looking at and we'll be pushing hard to have a solution that works for everyone by the time Season 2 starts.

9. I will be awaiting the changes with baited breath.

10.  I won't hold my breath. This has been something the devs has been "working on fixing" since season 1. In trying "fix" this they have broken a lot of match making that was actually working for them.

11. Can we please be informed of the outcomes of last weekend's tests? I thought that last weekend was about testing whether the hit ratio sytem gave 'closer matches' (in plunder) or if it was just the random KO system covering up the bad matchups. What's the verdict according to your data?

12. @ Kaw admin To answer for ur question to starry night

Cs bfa and bfe ... It really can be that simple if u add them all together using the 1/2 cs and total bfe /bfa numbers then keep it to withing a 1-2 player match that's all u have to do its up to the players to do the rest

Splitting stats and comparing them separately gives u bad matches too because u have to leave a variance for each thing u measure if u add them all together then u only need 1 variance and matches will be as close as that variance as far as devs are concerned that's all u need to worry about as far as match up system

This has been repeated time and again with no good counter argument as to why it wouldn't work ... If u have one please share it

Dts/dtw doesn't work for a multitude of reasons 1 being the window is too large between builds the clan that has higher cs can also earn more per plunder (in all wars except with gh ) so not only are the smaller clans being killed they are being out plunder by simple mechanics

If one side had a little higher cs and the other a little more bfa/bfe then they would even out of the course of two hours because most the war is fought from pin and bfa/bfe is better for hitting there
    Just saying I've made this suggestion 100 times and I've seen others ur job is simple to closely as possible match clans by their strengths that's it .. That's bfa/bfe and cs (cut in half to make it work out right for troop loss)
    After that ur done

13. Yes, it was very similar except War 5. Will post results this afternoon.

14. Based on strength of course! Include BFA, BFE and CS in your strength calculation for each individual player in the roster and match up clans based on the effective strength.

15. Can we get a complete data sheet on these wars? I think the community as a while would be more receptive to any changes if they have the data available to them and see the reasoning for this change.

Secondly you asked for feedback from the community for ideas, but how can we give any useful ideas when we have not enough information to say something of any use. We constantly hear of the community members writing scripts for war bots and tracking bots why not give them the opportunity to put those skills to good use.

KNIGHT

16. It's the 15th not the 14th

17. Since you know that guild build is broken give them no match to clan that use 1/3 of theirs clan a guild hansel build maybe. Its unfair to let people face broken clan build that you as devs cant fix and you want us to match up with them??? Its like you giving them free match.

I remember before you warned zeft corp when did they use insane high BFA and got no match 3 time in row to remove the paladin eb from them, so why this clan who use 16-19 guild hansel is special?? They exploit game mechanics that other online game punish for it.

Kindly show us action getting tired from words

18. When will season 2 be announced it's already past 15th

19. Simple gh fix. Make them pay what an SoS hansel pays during ee wars. Problem solved.

20. Piggy backing on some recents comments. Particularly from St4t1on.

Based in my experiences with EE wars and CS /BFE//BFA. The longer the war is - whoever has the CS advantage will win.

It is easier to overcome CS dis- advantages in 1 hr war. However 2 hr wars - it's practically impossible. Especially if the other side has Allie leaderboard members. They usually r impossible to ko. Thy just stay high entire war accumulating plunder. When ur bigs xrstl. They capitalize on it which gives them a huge plunder push.

Ur prior weeks analysis needs to be more precise. U need to look at what exact matchups work. And which ones don't. Not just plunder differential.