Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 11

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 15, 2013.

1. How many more Test weeks will be there?

2. How come your keeping dtw/dts? This has been one of the biggest problems with bad matchups.

Your insurance that LB players can't hit smaller players is wrong. Most can hit down to a 4mil CS player and they are around 20mil CS now or more. But an 8mil CS player can't hit a GH. Your hit gaps are skewed and should be fixed if you plan on keeping the thing that's making matchups bad.

And as for matching by strength this should be priority. CS is the biggest factor in winning right now. Equipment stats for EE clans are flattening out as wars continue and bonus EBs happen with extra aqua inferno. CS has been the biggest disparity and if you looked at your own data I'm sure you would see that someone with a large CS advantage (50 mil CS) is the winner 90% of the time, thusly showing that your matchup system is the wrong algorithm to use for pairing us up for battle.

There have been hundreds of complaints of your dtw/dts system yet you never answer the questions or address the complaints. Do something about it please and be more willing to answer critical questions.

3. Sweet deal, and it's August 15 not 14 for Season 2 announcement btw.

4. I believe thursday is the 15th.

-Sol

5. @kaw_admin, I know you or whoever want to unsilence me xD

6. Thank u so much for not getting rid of advantage ko and 1hr wars they are by far the most fun. set ko wars stink

7. Thanks devs for keeping the 1hr wars I like them a lot:)

8. War 5 should definetly be a one hour war... Encourage more to do it.

If you also wanted more numbers, move it back an hour...

9. So where is the analysis of the test wars of week 10? After the graphs on wars 1, 2 and 3 we haven't seen that info for wars 4, 5 and 6.

We did see a lot of people/clans indicating the current matchup system creates very uneven matchups and not enough 'no-matches'. Any replies to that are missing but would be greatly appreciated.

All I read now, is 'We've updated the matchup algorithm based on the test wars from this weekend so that these weekends wars are even better'. And you keep the hit ratio system and dts/dtw.

Didn't last weekend prove that system does not work? It doesn't rightly take into account the outliers, which are the guild hansels at the bottom and the LB at the top. Another weekend with this system means another weekend of bad matchups. Playing with KO times and length of war does not fix that.

10. great job devs, random ko times, and 1h wars are great fun. Mixing up the war modes will make for a fun weekend.

11. Please keep set ko times and get rid of this dtw/dts matchup it is horrible and has really destroyed my enjoyment from wars all we want is a fair matchup and can't get it the last two wars we had enemy had 70-100m cs more then us..... It's getting rediculus please for the sake of ee fix this

12. We are still waiting for you to answer our questions about poor match ups and CS differences. If we email you we are told to post in the forums, if we post in the forums we are ignored.

13. Hi Devs,

If you insist on using your dts/dtw to do matchups, at least take into consideration of the CS and BFA as well to make it more reasonable. I don't think it makes sense for a roster of 30+ trils of bfas to constantly get matched to another with 100+ tril bfas while no advantages in cs or bfe. We have been getting matched with 40+ mils more cs plus 3x more BFAs. Fortunately, there were set ko times last week, which helped with the implementation of the strategy to compensate the deficiency in strength. But you really need to look at your matching system. War results don't necessarily reflect how well the matchups are. It highly depends on the strategy and experience sometimes.

14. Kaw_admin I hope you guys mix up the season 2, wars as most people struggle to be active for 2h Nice Job with today's schedule thanks

15. One thing though devs gmt needs a 4-5pm war time

16. @Kaw-Admin

I Have a suggestion to make tracking a little harder, So all those that complain about spamming a target for 5 mins is boring because they have the best tracking EVER!

I have warred in a lot of these new test wars, a few in season 1, and even the original ee test wars. when you first brought out these wars in response to the summer wars of 2012 they had no update about ko's or sko's and many where calling the wars "an all out Brawl" IMO these where the best wars! Then a few weeks later you brought out the **update** that we now see in cc, for all ko and sko. It was cool and everyone loved it because tracking became easier. well now that enough time has pasted there have been Scripts, programs, and vary complex Spreadsheets made that make tracking almost if not completely automated. I'm not sure how they work nor do i care(because I'm no a tracker). But i do know that these Scripts, programs, and Spreadsheets are out there and clans rely on them to win wars. I see this as war on who has the best Scripts, programs, and Spreadsheets and not on who has the best team work!

So my Suggestion is to change the **update** that appears in cc from:

**Update**
    "__(Name)__ has knocked out your enemy, __(Name)__ looting xxx,xxx,xxx gold of their plunder"

Remove the names and insert "an ally" so it looks like this:

**Update**
    "An Ally has knocked out your enemy, looting xxx,xxx,xxx gold of their plunder"

By doing this clans will no longer rely only on one or two members for tracking but everyone! the News Feed will NOT change, so the only way to know who ko'd who is to report it in cc. Also applying the name removal to sko's too will give those that sko'd a CHANCE to regen and fly under the radar of the enemy. as of now that is not possible.

My hope to make these wars about communication and more involved team work and not about who has the best Scripts, programs, and Spreadsheets.

-MM-

17. Today is thurs August 15th

18. KAW admin great job failing to address the GH issue. You pick and choose what questions to reply to and post your ridiculous pictures instead of actually addressing issues that players complain about.

19. What can you do to clan that have 10 big build and 19 GH?? They got ko by over 166 time and other clan got koed by 80 and still they lost because they could not build plunder

20. War results don't necessarily reflect how well the matchups are. It highly depends on the strategy and experience sometimes. -> what should we use to measure successful matches then?