Estoc Trials - Test Wars - Week 11 War 3

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Our match with night watch was un fair, they got over 7 LB player. iam ranked 33 in my clan was equal power to 78 on night watch clan, only scout was working,could not win a hit against 65% of the other clan, kindly try to make better matches.

2. Yes yes please keep posting the good ideas, kaw_admin sees and reads all!!

Same as kaw_admin read all good ideas on the 9 weeks of War data thread of course they read it, it is important data!

And on all the Week 10 wars threads!! All those good suggestions there about matchup problems. Yes they read them, keep posting!

Post on the Week 11 War thread, they read they read, keep up giving them good ideas!

Post on the thread where they released the info on the upcoming season, they read there! Of course they read it, they posted funny pics did they not??

And all the emails, they read those very well. They mustvread because they alway reply: thanks for good suggestions, post on forums, we read that!! Don't reply here, post and we will read on forums!!

And all the good ideas on Week 11 war 1 and war 2 threads, yes yes they read those good ideas too post them, post them!

And all the data on the wars, they analyze and put in graphs and read those yes yes! They just forget to post half of them, but hey, that can happen, they are read for sure!

And the information on dropping participation rates, they read that too! They must read it, it is so obvious is it not?

And the outcomes of the wars, they see those for sure! They see how NWoCB and RH abuse the system, of course they do. They are working on eliminating blowouts very hard, so they read.

And keep boycotting!! Kaw_admin sees it and they care, the whole EE system hinges on participation after all?? So they have to care, no doubt about it!

And guess what... all those good ideas and suggestions, they are all the same or similar! All ideas posted this week have been brought up multiple times before. But no worries, kaw_admin reads them all, again and again, because they are good ideas and suggestions!!

And then they decide season 2 will have the same matchup system! Yes yes, keep the hit ratio where guild hansels rule and stacking LB is the only strategy you need if only ZAFT ends the osw, they can just pick up all items on day one

Am I a statless alt fail trolling? Yes for sure.

The 1 million dollar question is however, is kaw_admin trolling all of you?? Please keep posting and repeating the great ideas, they read for sure.... for sure it helps.... for sure they are good... for sure

3. That's the thing, I have made many suggestions, many people have made many suggestions. And we have been all but invisible to devs.

The basic premise is that ee warring should be made more accessible to more, primarily it costs too much to ee war effectively (and people shouldn't be so narrow minded as to think of cost purely in terms of gold expended, it's the gold income, and therefore growth foregone in he pursuit of ee war glory).

Right now, it's go hard core or go home. Hard core of course does not describe the majority of the player base in any game.

1) War xtals.

Apparently the only issue devs have acknowledged with regards increasing participation. although they've gone cold on it.

Not one I agree with personally, xtal and nob sales are what keeps them producing content for us, and I believe there are other ways to increase participation without killing their own source of income.

2) Reward losers.

You mentioned ' But as an added component, individual performance measured on several levels (plunder, knockouts for, knockouts against, avg. # of successful actions, contribution to team based on combined stats'

Mith payout to winners works more or less this way doesn't it? Not according to every single criteria you have listed.

I say apply the exact same formula to members of the losing team. Some people trt their best, do well in a losing team (and there are many), and have nothign to show for it. Somebody in a winning team get carried to a win with a crappy performance gets rewarded. Perhaps apply a penalty to the losing team, as in they wouldn't get as many as if they'd been in a winning team.

That way people who lose can continue to build their mith bfe to stand a better chance against those who do have them, rather than have the gulf increase incessantly.

The reward system as it stands now, is more a punishment for people who try, and a reward to those who already can, or those who are willing to abuse the system. And we all know they're out there.

Zero actions, poor actions, no reward. No more playing to lose (or win rather).

3) Loss of EE

On moving clans, this is a real killer for many smaller clans who need to constantly try to get friends from other clans in for war.

Take it a step further, allow proper clan alliances. Allow maybe up to 3 (an arbitrary number) clans to form an alliance, have a separate alliance chat channel, Ee does not drop when moving within these clans, so members can move to another to help with ebs, wars, or simply item hunt. Although this perhaps belongs to clan improvements or something.

4) Let towers yield plunder, let ee wars pay really well

Whatever, something along those lines. Now it's grow or war. Or spends heaps of real $. now heaps of real $ again does not describe most players in kaw.

And more ideas have been given since the day ee began, I believe all are in the scrapheap, which appears to be exactly where they all go.

In a nutshell, don't just cater to the hard core, don't make losing so punishing that people give up so easily, whatever one's principles are in that regard.

I frequently hear people saying 'we worked hard to earn these, why should anyone get it'. Please, some people can say that, but for most, it's nothing more than a ridiulous interpretation what it means to work and earn anything.

I use World of Warcraft as a source of comparison. As the game progressed, and new content introduced, they made sure to make the content as accessible as possible.

And the leaders of the game will always find a way to continue getting their achievement recognized. And the devs made it possible for them by recognizing not all reward and recognition needs to be in the form of an exceptionally powerful weapon or anything. It could be even only visual, or symbolic, but all the same, it recognized players who had risen to the top.

Right now ee war strictly disincentives losing rather than incentivise participation from those who aren't already in an established war clan, is it any surprise that not more clans want to step out of their comfort zone to try it?

Look at anyone of the top 50 strong clans who aren't an ee clan. What happens if any one of them puts out a roster? Warlor will smash them with its eyes closed, and they will have nothing to show for it at all. Why even try.

Current system for the most part discourages trying (except trying to get into winning war clan, and trying for another one when the going gets bad), and is open to every form of abuse.

Khaymens: It's a good idea in theory, it's kinda like the WoW LFG system, where you put yourself in a queue to get a group, but that was pretty much a group of just 5, maybe 10 iirc, so the wait needn't be too long.

To wait for a group of so many to form, and then have to match them 'fairly' sounds like it may take too long to be put into practice. People may not then be available the entire war duration etc. People in ee wars frequently set aside specific times just to do them. Anything longer han an hour wait probably kills it, and I doubt a good match can be found in an hour.

Unless of course, fixed blocks of time are set aside for this, which may help people plan, but still long shot imo.

I guess that's the last I have to say about increasing participation in EE. I am sounding like a broken record, and I'm sick of hearing it too.

4. I agree with 

Because a clan with no Lb match up with 7 Strong LB like us