Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Updated*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Kaw_Admin I agree 30 points was too low but you have to realize most of us have commitments that will prevent us from doing all wars.

At least consider 50.

2. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

KaW_Admin can you please answer my question/post on page 16? Thanks.

3. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

The examples of the amount of wars we will fight are ridiculous. First you quoted 90 Wars, which is 10 more than are even on the schedule, and your last post is 47-33. Ya. Sure. We will fight in all 10 per week. Wake up. 60 points is way too much. It's nice that we don't lose points for leaving, but take a closer look at the math please. You're way off.

4. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

60 points is going to make me rethink the time and dedication I put into this game. People have real lives so the expectation that to "stay ahead" in the game requires you to basically war 4 times a week the whole season and never lose. Remember that the people who pay your salaries have jobs and real world responsibilities. You propose 30 one week ago and it's suddenly 60.

You've done great with updates and listening to the community lately, but your radical extremes are really starting to turn me off of the game. People complained about min 40 in the clan for war and u finally changed it after poor turnout for weeks. 40-45 would be much more attainable yet still difficult for most people.

5. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

@kaw_admin, again, I'm glad your responding to us, but I think you may have misunderstood what some of us players are saying. I too agree that 30 is too low, but also that 60 is too high. That's why somewhere in between will appease both sides. I don't think many would complain if the limit was from 45-50 for level 6 items. In fact, 45-50 would be absolutely perfect.

6. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

@kaw_admin
    That's a really high number of Rancor to get equipment, and I'm not just talking about 6 pieces. Just because a few people can't manage to find a clan that does enough EE wars, the other ones should be punished? I have found myself a nice clan I will stick with for the whole season, so how come there are no benefits to staying in the same clan?

I think someone should lose a level every time they leave their clan, and get 6 pieces with only 45 rancor points.

Don't get me wrong, Season 1 has been well thought out. But are you really going to ruin it because a handful of people cried 1 week before the release??

IMO:
    60 points <-- Too high
    30 points <-- Too low
    45 points <-- perfect

7. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

I'm certain that if we put it to a vote, 45-50 would come out on top. Either that or 40-45.

8. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

The lost paladins are LB players who left in a huff, after discovering the Devs (Sorcerers and Witches of the foulest kind) did a 1-2 knockout punch on them.
    These lost paladins left in a mindless rage, because they felt cheated by the inequality of their world.

This the Rancid Wars, against the new Noob population.

Hooray!

9. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Great idea put it to a vote.

Your team has done a great job but as a few has pointed out don't ruin it by making an extreme move.

My main has over 600 xtal at the moment but if I can't stay competitive I will walk with my wallet.

10. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

So there's been a few responses about 60 being un-obtainable, let's make these adjustments. Remember, we are not trying to allow all clans to achieve max level, as that should remain a challenge. Having a full Lost Paladins set should be a very exclusive reward to our best PvP players.

- We will lower the level requirement to 50
    - We will increase the amount of levels given out in week 5 and 6 to 3

The original post has been updated to reflect this.

11. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor War

Hi.

12. <3 you kaw_admin! Thank you for making appropriate changes!

13. This still seems difficult but much more realistic. Thank you for listening!

14. Great update although I don't think 60is too hard to get because I would only have to war 3times each week. Thx for listening to the community

15. Above all, we want to make the community feel like this is a worthy challenge, while not scaring everyone away with how impossible it is.

We have a certain distribution of rewards we want to give out (definitely not 80% of the clans getting max level) and based on Season 1, we will continue to adjust this so that it is a reasonable, rewarding challenge for everyone involved.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far!

16. I definitely think the recent adjustment is now more attainable, yet still sufficiently challenging that it will be exclusive. Great job listening to feedback and using it constructively!

17. Devs I don't think you should have lowered it. Just my 2c.. Maybe I didn't read right but if you currently have EE what'll happen to it? Will it disappear and be replaced with rancor from your previous wars or you just lose the ee.

Second will their still be ee or just rancor?

Third will there be a way to see how many points you have?

18. Okay. KawAdmin has given us a choice.

So, from this day forth, Everyone, yup... You! You! And you!
    Don't use any Xtals for entire war. That's right no crystal usage policy, so that we can win without Xtal help, and it won't cost us a pretty penny, and we all win......
    Except ummm the Devs lose of course. Since they're not gonna meet their target of $1m, that's right $1,000,000/day

19. EE is Rancor. Umm kindly read it fully before commenting

20. Devs, people only prefer a no match to a losing war cos they get punished so badly for losing.

Do you know how deflating it feels to get a no match?

Award everyone with miths based on the same formula for winners, apply a penalty for losers.

Get more clans in to war, so no matter how bad it looks for a losing clan, they can go 'I'll give it my best shot' and still come away with something so they will try again.