Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Updated*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Lol bbcode fail

2. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

@kaw_admin, I appreciate you responding to my post. Thanks for that. On the other hand, your response proved my point. The records you proposed means you needed to war in 6 wars a week for the first record, and NINE wars a week in the second record. Both of those are a little ridiculous. That's why I advocated for a more reasonable level like 40 would be best, but even as high as 50 might be ok.

3. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Oh and, everyone, please stay on topic. Rancor Wars only!

4. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

For Season 1, we are completely comfortable with this format. However, we will evaluate how many clans achieve level 60/50/40 and then adjust for Season 2 if needed.

If you win 30 straight, it's only 3 wars per week :)

5. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Yeah can the levels be a little lower. 60 seems a little much

6. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Lol not a terrible point. Thanks again for responding. I appreciate it

7. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Yeah. That's a lot of war.

8. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Rancor wars can only lead to an EB fighting against these guys, right?

[​IMG]

9. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

For derailing this thread you will be warned

ignoring the warning or to continue derailing this thread once you been warned you will be given a notice and a 24hrs forum ban

10. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Just a simple question...
    Why 40 member limit? Why make any limit? It's very frustrating to those who have lots of players wanting to war

Also, about the No Match Up system. Last week, my clan had no match up 3 times. Everyone would rather have warred, even if it had been a terrible match up. I war to have fun, not so much as to have a good match up.
    Sure, having a good match up makes a better war, but I'm sure I don't speak only for myself when I say I'd much rather lose a war, than have no match up.

11. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

@Kaw_Admin LOVE the HUGE improvements you took here. That said though I'd like to say that crystals are a BIG DEAL. Allow us to reset our quests at start of season or possibly buy the 'war regen' but many of us are young and/or on a low budget so $2 a war is PRICEY! Also as Penguin mentioned 60 seems a bit high for all 6 equipment.... A range really should be in place 55-60 ect as you previously posted. Also on the rancor edge thingy. If you war and lose will it extend your timer or do u have to win for it not to reset? Thanks

12. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

@kaw_admin

What slots will new equipment be in? And if everyone in the clan gets level 1, everyone will get the 'helmet of blah blah' or will the slot of the drop be different?

13. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

I said this in a longer post last thread but I'm repeating it here short form cause I want kaw admin to read it ...

Match ups need to be lands opened and bfa only

Cs doesn't matter with current mechanics ... If kaw admin has a question about it he can pm

14. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Kaw_Admin by my calculation you can do max 80 wars (8 week * 10 wars). One of the example you give 50 W 40 L will required 90 wars.

I think you should consider lower the 60.

Thanks

15. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

As usual pathetic of wars for asians n always favouring US time zone.. Atleast be fair to Asians in timings of it..

16. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

I'm so glad u upped it from 25 pts to 60. Only the people who war 4-5x a week or more have a chance for all 6 but I think your 60 max pts and needing 60 exactly for all 6 will kill the last weeks of war. No one is going to chance warring if they get to 60 pts since they can't risk a loss to lose that 6th piece.. I know a few in my clan will do like 8 wars a week so they will hit 60 pts with a 40-20 record and would likely just sit out the rest. Maybe u should consider like a 62 max points with 60 to get eq to not kill last weeks wars.

17. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

By enforcing a tighter limit, we reduce the likelihood of a No Match scenario. That is why we put the limit in place.

It is unfortunate that players like yourself are seeing no matches, however, the majority of players prefer a no match scenario rather than losing, and that's why we implemented it.

18. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

This was addressed in an earlier response. By doing this, we are aware that some clans will sit out. Which is good, it allows other clans to win their matches and give them a chance at more points. This is also why we are increasing the points gained in the last 2 weeks.

It is a balance and we will adjust this system as we move forward with more and more seasons.

19. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

Half the players are saying is too low, the other is too high. My example was just to illustrate how you can have a pretty even record and still get 60 levels. A 47W-33L will get you the level 60 as well. And all this BEFORE taking into account the bonus in the last 2 weeks of the season.

20. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars

The schedule starts tomorrow right? War #1 on monday 25th? If yes, then why wont it let me cast wave of conflict?