Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Updated*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Are u able to go over 50 points I think is a better question .. Ur wording makes it sound like that's it all u can do is 50

2. LOVE sparrowhawk's suggestion on page 23. Saw your response, kaw_admin, and I'm glad you will take it into account. Full support for sparrow's idea!

3. If it is capped right at 50 I don't understand the issue with letting those who wish to war more then that(albeit that's a ton of war) the opportunity to accumulate more points then 50 to safe guard their max level and allow them the chance to continue to war

4. Also would like ur thoughts on taking cs out of the match up equation altogether and making it unlocked lands and bfa as criteria for match ups ...

5. @kaw_admin i apologize for the posts not of rancor but would you mind answering my question on page6

6. @Kaw_admin my only question is how will the no match system work with Season 1?

7. Another suggestion to even matchups completely ... Is to use the same math u use now cs and number of players ...

Take bfa out of the equation completely

Make all fight with their natural stats and equipment they have accumulated

Just durning ee wars bfa would not be factored into att or def at all for any player at all ..

This would make it completely about tactics and build strength and teamwork ... But only for durning active EE war hitting

8. Kaw admin, you do realise that trial week is running during a holiday period, so won't reflect people's normal work n lifestyle patterns? Just a thought to take into consideration when thinking about war times for the following weeks.

9. 12 wars. Please increase the character limit on clan info, we can't fit all this war info on there with so many wars going on. Also, can you please lettuce know when wars 13-30 are going to be coming out? This way I can quit my job and school and just be a full time war'er.

10. Do you plan on releasing information on what equip slots will be rewarded? Just wondering if upgrades on current equipment would be wasteful if I anticipate winning a couple of new ones.

11. Ok- lot of complaints about "cost of crystals (xtals)", "clan xtal minimums", and "in a 2 hour war a clan who xtals cannot be defeated by a clan who doesn't"

Now to all you saying no xtals I say this:
    A lot of development time and $ went into this system.
    Its a business not a charity. Let em make profit and if you don't like it go punch the battle list for fun.

But I offer the following solution to push success in wars to be based on skill/activity rather than on who spends the most money while at the same time keeping devs profit margins solid.

1. Step 1: No Xtals allowed in EE wars (don't stop reading yet devs - look at step 2)
      Step 2: Wave of Conflict spell costs 10 nob to cast.
    Anyway, Lovers support it and Haters, tear it apart.
    Was just a passing thought. Hope it helps.
    Cheers! :mrgreen:

12. 2 more wars. W a decent weekday war timing for Asian player. Thx for listening. FYI this Friday is a public holiday for some Asian countries.

Based on what I'm hearing from the dev, if u war during that time period, u actually voted yes to having a war during that time.

Guys, stop waking up at unearthly hours to war. U are sending the wrong signals and helping to keep wars at those time. War only at the timings u like and let dev do a proper collation.

13. ffs. "Rancor" is a word in the dictionary. Lucasfilms can't TM an existing word.

14. Wulf both those ideas are terrible but thanks for sharing. Everything looks good to me for the most part. Devs already listened to feedback and added additional wars for different tz, lowered lvl from 60 to 50, made low min reqs, and boosted lvl payout in more wars. I say we run it as is and worry about tweaking it more the following season. I have seen devs make last minute sudden changes way too many times that didn't turn out as well as expected.

15. For the xtal complaints, just offer 1-2 wars a week that don't allow xtals. Heck, if u do one in the Europe or Asia time zone, you might get extra participants and help alleviate that complaint.

16. Can't wait I'm doing a war today and plan to do more this week as well

17. Hate to enter the debate on xtals as we know the devs have to earn a living.
    But yes it can get expensive and exclude some from wars.
    For now my thought would be if a war xtal were added then they could be added as bonus to the usual xtal purchase. Ie buy 32 xtals and get 32 or even just 20 ( prefer 32 ) war xtals free. This would at least address some of the cost and allow and encourage sales in xtals.
    This would enable us to spread war costs and balance costs especially for those who use multiple accounts to war.

Battle list is good but doesn't reward mith. Shame as its pvp idea on that very soon

[​IMG]

18. Please dont change the xtal level. If you do that then you might aswell change the length of wars down to 15 minutes, because without xtals the winner would be determined at that point in 95/100 wars.

But it would be good to know where these 6 equipment might fit and if they will be enchantable with mith or aqua/inferno.

Great work on these updates, except for the forfeit option, bring it back

19. @kaw admin

Can you refresh the rancore spell?

Can you get over 60of the spell?

And do you get it if no match?

20. We should get one rancore spell for nm