Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Updated*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. 02.00 am gmt thanks for f a

2. Will there be a No Match system for these wars?

3. Great info but no mention of the no match up process. Does that still exist? Given the fixed amount of time a clan or individual may have to earn rewards, a no match up could be critical. Perhaps if the no match up is still going to exist some sort of default award should be given of members of clan signed up where no match up is given.

4. @Kaw_Admin. If I was to say war and gather 25/50 Rancor awards with 3 weeks left of the tournament. And then not do any more wars until the end, would the 2 week timer take all my 25/50 awards away from me? That seems far far too severe. I would say that losing 5-10 awards if you don't war for 2 weeks is a big enough punishment.

5. Plus I can only just squeeze in 4/8 wars a week. If I was to only do wars during my actual spare time it would be down to 2/8 a week. This is unfair as I can see from other players here, Americans get the best war time as usual.

6. I'd think of giving a no match up 1 level, and before anyone says it can be too easily exploitable, I seem to recall a previous thread detailing what could happen if such things are used as cheating. In that thread, all would lose all mithril and EE. In this case, if it's fairly obvious and recurring, remove all levels of the Rancor as well.

Either way, something has to be done regarding no match that does not completely provide a debilitation towards the end of the season. If necessary, even, rescheduling certain wars. (like say, for instance, two clans of relatively equal size and strength, signing up at different times. They could try to find a time that would work equally for both and have them war and have it count instead.)

7. So then it's a good job we all live in central USA, don't have too work/go too school, have a private source of income for crystals and no family or friends draining our kaw time. After all if you lived in Europe or Asia, had a job and a family there's no way your allowed too take part

8. Ill root on the sidelines for the hardcore kawers that are willing to go that far 

9. Devs, suggestion: if someone was to achieve 50 points before the season ends, that should guarantee them the award and equipment. If you have the possibility of losing this achievement in further wars, you will lose many good people and clans in the last weeks. By keeping this award, like crossing the finish line in a race, you will keep people warring till the end.
    All the other stuff looks good. Is it too high? Is it too low. We don't know until we try it. I know that I will not make 50 points, but I know some dedicated kawers will.
    Maybe add a mith kicker for those who get above 50, every 5 above 50, gives you x mith or even better xtals!!!! Hmmmmm....
    Now that is an incentive!!!!!!

10. So devs when you mean the Rancor points have 2 weeks till expiry does that mean if you war again if resets to 2 weeks again just like edge or does it justgo away after 2weeks??? ;)

11. Re: Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Added 2 more Wars*

We have added 2 more wars to our list, and now have 12 events this week. The new times are:

War #11
    PDT - Wednesday - 11am-11:30am
    EDT - Wednesday - 2pm-2:30pm
    GMT - Wednesday - 6pm-6:30pm
    SGT - Thursday - 2am-2:30am

War #12
    PDT - Friday - 3am-3:30pm
    EDT - Friday - 6am-6:30am
    GMT - Friday - 10am-10:30am
    SGT - Friday - 6pm-6:30pm

There has been a lot of feedback about the lack of times for outside NA. We are now creating these times so that you, the players, can tell us if this is really what you want. These are made specifically with European and Asian time zones in mind. However, this is a trial run of these times. If there is sufficient participation in these wars, we will continue to run them moving forward. If there are not enough signups, and there are too many no matches thrown, we will have to remove them. The ball is in your court, if you want to participate, please sign up this week!

12. That's good feedback, and is something we may try for Season 2. Before trying too many things, let's see how level 50 looks for the community before tweaking it even more.

13. Phew. Thought your of added more of those dam 2am wars.

14. It will reset to 2 weeks.

15. My question on page 20? :)

16. Preseason achievement will be given out after this week is over, the rest will be at the end of the season.

17. Cool now I can kaw while driving at work or putting the kids too bedmore wars isn't the answer. Just make a more even spread of war times, there's a finite amount of time people are prepared too put into these wars. The reason many euro/Asians haven't signed up before is more often not for no interest, but more 'why bother looking at the times we're doomed too start with'. After all what's the point in looking when you know your time zone is at a disadvantage too start with and you can still only do a tiny minority of these wars.

18. @kaw_admin is this only accessible to premium paying customers? As its not possible to effectively partake in EWs without xtals is this just a bonus feature for people who pay to play?