Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round! *Veil Update*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

I love it!

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

@hatfield. One question. Wars for all or only exclusive to full hlbc kingdoms. Trying to promote kaw and wars. For these ones not all does it make much difference if everyone gets some incentive to compete. I've won and lost and stay pretty balanced. Others not so lucky. They won't war if costs escalate. Especially without mith which others are already saying. Mith on sale players won't ever grow, too much expenditure. Fine if you are hlbc. But if not. Then these wars will go one of two ways. Become exclusive to those who are hlbc and have the resources to burn. Or they will die out. Neither is an option I want to see. But between that and turtles we will see.
    As I said though I think the winning rewards are better though. But either mith is made saleable or pot expenses should be rewarded in bronze bars. At an equivilent amount to justify sale price of them.

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

I like Gabriel's opt in idea better than opt out. However I was interested to see if the people who opted out ( thereby restricted to questing or battle list ) would cause any extra battle list activity.

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Nobody understands there are always negatives about something and they're just gonna have to deal with it .

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

@Rigamortis-x...Not everyone...even the most active players in this game have time to block away 4 or more hours for a war. Osw or 12/24/48 hour wars yes, but not 4 hour wars, especially matched wars at scheduled times. Real life comes first...not continuing mith sales ostracizes a greater majority of the players in this game that want and need mith for osw and ebs. That would be a very poor business decision by the devs.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Like I said - tough! It should be, they want mith, they need to do a system war and win it. Don't win, no mith left? Do without until you win. It would be the same for everybody so their wouldn't be an unfair advantage as everybody loses at some point and matches are random.

Why should people who MAKE time for war be awarded this prize then find out anyone can get it? People will just say, no point in warring, just wait till it goes on sale. Isn't the point of these new wars to get more peeps warring?

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Well put Hillback. A burden curse. Devs think they listen, but then they think too hard about it and tweak our suggestions. We asked for 'sign-up' options. Not 'sign-out'. Now I have to educate my clan extensively and if there are errors, it will be a mess. If it was 'sign-in' for War, those who didn't get the message would simply miss a War or two.
    Incredible

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Instead of giving us the Equivalent of A Bravery Spell, you gave us the Equivalent of A Cowardice Spell.(JK) Beautiful.
    Help the Owners out a Bit. Give us Opt in Spells. Not Opt Out.

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

please confirm that if the veil of evasion is cast and in effect at matchup that that person is NOT in the war until it is over. Otherwise this could be exploited by allowing people to join at the last minute fully loaded w two crystals to burn.

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

When's the Veil of Evasion coming out?

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

If we warring for edge bonus , why we need to edge by leaving clan , you guys will kill social live for all kaw ! Please reconsider this , we sure keep edge bonus no matter what we do !!!

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

@Devs. The spell is a great idea. Do spelled peeps get excluded from matchup? And 2nd. Can't you give owners specifically the ability to spell peeps. If they are inactive, then how can they cast the spell so as not to bleed? If you've alread answered. Sorry. I got tired of reading after 8 pages.
    -Merlin
    -the Towers

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

War always on weekend, how about arranging it in the weekdays and see how much participants interested.

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Rigormortis. I agree it should be for those that war. But win or lose it needs to be distributed on activity in war and amount used. If you force clans to try to war without it they will not win. Pure and simple. I've seen clans win b2b wars through strength and tactics. Others not so lucky. Those less fortunate will run low unless they have gold to burn when there are rare mith sales, to give them a chance to compete the mith should not be exclusive to winners or you will get a perpetual cycle of clans that lose mith is a huge bonus in wars. Without it attacks are better blocked earnings go down and the clans chances are reduced of ever winning. Like I said earlier. This isn't a knockout tournament half of all clans lose. They are then able to enter the next war yet at a disadvantage either one or two wars down the road depending how much mith they have in reserve. For growing clans that is far more of a concern than for those hlbc that have huge strength advantage. We already have a very unbalanced war game. Making mith a far more used commodity without increasing its availability somehow is going to create huge problems down the line.
    Winners should get far more. But losing war clans should not be put at a disadvantage for the next war before they even sign up. These wars need to last unlike the last system wars.

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Is matchup done from sign up? So if people don't sign up, the inactives are not included in matchup? And does that mean if you dont sign up in time you wont be allowed to join once war starts (locked rosters)? We are looking forward to finally possibly being able to participate!!

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

In regards to spell, instead of casting spell to opt out of war. It should be casting spell to opt in for war. Like Merlin stated, if you are inactive, how can you cast spell to opt out of war?

Please consider change to: casting spell to opt in for war. Thanks.

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Mith sale!!!!
    Make it happen :)

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Love the changes. Agree with Gabriel. Definitely more convenient to have an "opt in" button. Thanks devs!

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

I agree with opt in option, the mith to stay out it's gonna complicate things. Also I'd like to maybe see a delay on the updates on knock outs, that way it's harder to time a player, giving them a better chance to war. U saw lots of player being ko from beginning and not being able to do anything the whole duration of the war. Some may agree with this others don't, nonetheless something worth looking into by the devs

20. Re: Estoc Trials - Open Beta - Final Round!

Re the opt out of wars, if your inactive for hours before war then you should cast the spell as soon as the war is announced. If you cannot get on then if your clan owner boots you sorry but tough. How long does it take to log in show the clan some respect and cast the spell as soon as possible. It's a good answer that doesn't need to be changed.

Regarding leaving the clan this is sometimes needed to help sub clan or even merc. Would it be possible to have the Estocs only function in the clan it is earnt in. Still on the player that earnt it. So if you leave no Estocs only for the duration you are out of clan. When you return the Estocs restores on you. Same result promoting clan loyalty. But it would solve being able to help friends and sub clans when needed. The clock still counts down whilst out of clan an incentive to return as fast as possible.

And please adress the issue that its a waste of time plunder wise for hansels/ pure spies. And also for those in osw. It's effect should be on pvp actions as well as ebs and affect end of eb bonus as well.