[ENDED] Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Update 1/14/2014
    The Ice Moth Hunt has now ended.

For details, please see this post.
    ______

Update 1/13/2014
    Ice Moth drops have been boosted for The Haunting, Haunting: The Escape, and Revenge of the Warbeasts. There may also be one more EB out there that's been boosted as well.
    ______

Update 1/13/2014
    The Ice Moth Hunt is nearing it's end, and just over 24 hours remain to collect those precious moths!

As of 2:30PM PST (10:30PM GMT) tomorrow, January 14th the Ice Moths will stop dropping from Epic Battles and Wars. We will then take a snapshot of players Moth counts that will be used for prize distribution.

We're going to be distributing prizes shortly after the drops stop and we take our snapshot. However, due to the amount of participants, rewards will take some time to be distributed to all players. If you don't get your rewards immediately afterwards please be patient, as they'll be coming as soon as possible.
    ______

Update - 1/6/2014
    We've just increased drops for certain EB's. Work together to find out which ones!
    ______

The First Sighting
    Centuries ago, when the icy tail of the Rime Comet first lit up the night sky, it was ordained an omen of great portent for the kingdoms.

And indeed it was, for the ice comet was formed not from cosmic dust—but by millions of migrating rime moths. These moths, when forged by a clever blacksmith, can be hammered into an incomparable steel.

The sighting of the Rime Comet has thus been met with great enthusiasm over the years, and the annual moth hunt has become a grand tradition to usher in the new year across the kingdoms.

Celebrate the Hunt!
    Compete in wars and epic battles to collect ice moths from December 17th, 2013 though January 14th, 2014. When the hunt ends on January 14th, your ice moths will be transformed into valuable equipment. Here's a sneak peek at some of the incomparable ice moth weapons:

[​IMG]

Event Details
    What is it?
    The Ice Moth Hunt is the annual migration of the rime moths and signals a new year in the kingdoms. This special, limited time event will run through the holidays and will allow you to obtain valuable ice moth equipment.

What do I have to do?
    Participate in Wars and Epic Battles to collect the special Ice Moths. When the event ends on January 14th, 2014 you will receive the rewards indicated below based on the number of ice moths you manage to collect.

How do I get rewards from Wars?
    Hunt for Ice Moths in the CHAOS WARS. Winners of the CHAOS WARS will receive a number of Ice Moths equivalent to 75 multiplied by their current Estoc’s Edge Level.

Estoc’s Edge Level 1 * 75 Ice Moths = 75 Total Ice Moths Received
    Estoc’s Edge Level 2 * 75 Ice Moths = 150 Total Ice Moths Received
    Estoc’s Edge Level 3 * 75 Ice Moths = 225 Total Ice Moths Received
    Estoc’s Edge Level 4 * 75 Ice Moths = 300 Total Ice Moths Received
    Estoc’s Edge Level 5 * 75 Ice Moths = 375 Total Ice Moths Received

Only the victors of the CHAOS WARS will be rewarded with Ice Moths for their efforts, so be sure to be well prepared for battle.

How do I get rewards from Epic Battles?
    Complete Epic Battles with your Clan to earn Ice Moths. The number of Ice Moths that drop from Epic Battles will change throughout the event. Work together to find out which EBs drop the most Ice Moths.

Rewards
    There are six different equipment items from three different sets to collect during the event, each with progressively better stats. Rewards will be distributed on January 14th, 2014.

- Level 1 -
    Ice Moths: 100
    Prizes: 1 Health Crystal

- Level 2 -
    Ice Moths: 500
    Prizes: 2 Inferno, 2 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal

- Level 3 -
    Ice Moths: 1000
    Prizes: 5 Inferno, 5 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal

- Level 4 -
    Ice Moths: 1500
    Prizes: 5 Inferno, 5 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal, Level 1 Rime Staff (Offhand)

- Level 5 -
    Ice Moths: 2500
    Prizes: 5 Inferno, 5 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal, Level 5 Rime Staff (Offhand), 1 Horn of Calydor

- Level 6 -
    Ice Moths: 4000
    Prizes: 5 Inferno, 5 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal, Level 5 Rime Staff (Offhand), Level 1 Sling (Weapon), 1 Horn of Calydor

- Level 7 -
    Ice Moths: 6000
    Prizes: 5 Inferno, 5 Aqua, 1 Health Crystal, Level 5 Rime Staff (Offhand), Level 5 Sling (Weapon), 2 Horns of Calydor

- Level 8 -
    Ice Moths:8000
    Prizes: 15 Inferno, 15 Aqua, 5 Health Crystal, Level 1 Moth Shield (Offhand), Level 1 Neorime Dagger (Weapon), 2 Horns of Calydor, 1 Seal of the Damned

- Level 9 -
    Ice Moths: 14000
    Prizes: 15 Inferno, 15 Aqua, 5 Health Crystal, Level 5 Moth Shield (Offhand), Level 5 Neorime Dagger (Weapon), 3 Horns of Calydor, 2 Seals of the Damned

- Level 10 -
    Ice Moths: 17000
    Prizes: 25 Inferno, 25 Aqua, 5 Health Crystal, Level 1 Rime Moth (Offhand), Level 1 Icetail (Weapon), 5 Horns of Calydor, 3 Seals of the Damned

- Level 11 -
    Ice Moths: 25000
    Prizes: 25 Inferno, 25 Aqua, 5 Health Crystal, Level 5 Rime Moth (Offhand), Level 5 Icetail (Weapon), 10 Horns of Calydor, 3 Seals of the Damned

- Level 12 -
    Ice Moths: 40000
    Prizes: 25 Inferno, 25 Aqua, 10 Health Crystal, Level 10 Rime Moth (Offhand), Level 10 Icetail (Weapon), 10 Horns of Calydor, 5 Seals of the Damned

Bonus Rewards:
    - Leaderboard Top Ten -
    The top ten players who collect the most Ice Moths will each receive:
    25 Inferno, 25 Aqua, 10 Health Crystal, Level 11 Rime Moth (Offhand), Level 11 Icetail (Weapon), 10 Horns of Calydor, 5 Seals of the Damned

- Leaderboard Winner & Lucky Player -
    The player who collects the most Ice Moths, as well as one randomly selected player who collects at least 1000 Ice Moths will receive:
    25 Inferno, 25 Aqua, 10 Health Crystal, Level 12 Rime Moth (Offhand), Level 12 Icetail (Weapon), 10 Horns of Calydor, 5 Seals of the Damned

View the Leaderboard

Get collecting, and Happy Holidays!

2. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Cool, looks fun devs!

3. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

pvp rewards!

btw that sword looks bad ass

4. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Having fun stuck in your house Community? :lol:

5. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Let the KaW games BEGIN!!!!!

6. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

So I need at least 1500 to be worth it. Let's do this!

7. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

YESYESYES

8. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Awesome

9. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Yep. We have a lot of time though compared to the last one, so shouldn't be too bad :D

Now if only Ambush would drop them regularly (nudge nudge)

10. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Sweet! Thanks devs!

11. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

No achievement this event?

12. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Ends on my birthday. Gee thanks Kaw_Admin!

13. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

I'm going to aim for 8000. We can do it Sholron!

I missed the fang promo. This is my chance to show all of KaW my EB skills.

14. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

They're pretty impressive ones, I can attest to that.

:lol:

15. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

@Kaw_admin

Will the drops of these bugs increase as we approach the end of the deadline, like the fiendish fangs event?

16. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

So for winter you think Ice Moths? Lol out of all things? I'm going to participate obviously, but a fang bow was definitely more bad ass.

And I really hope an ice dagger isnt going to have better stats than my sword or a whip o_O.

Like why are iron gauntlets better attack than CLAW gauntlets?

Anyhow it's great to see you including PVP in this event, but the BL needs to be thought of more than EE.

Good luck all and happy hunting!

17. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm really excited to see these weapons, especially since they'll most likely be pretty with deadly stats :D

18. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

If this equipment is better than mith stuff....I will be pissed

19. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

i hope not. that was because fang promo was redic, and everyone complained :lol:

20. Re: Join the Ice Moth Hunt!

so community, thoughts on lower tier ebs dropping? so far only confirmed ebs are t4+, which is ok, i am expecting hte to stay as the best drop the entire time which is fine, but what of the small clans? perhaps throw some reck, bush, destroyer, etc into the mix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.