Dog murder, accidents and terrible people. DISCUSS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DopeyDopeyDoo2, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Turkey

[colour=blue]So i was in Turkey with my family. Everything was going normal. One day we decided to go to the market and have a look around when something really bad happened.

We then heard a whine coming from the right, in the middle of the road lay a dog that had just been hit by a car, but the driver didn't stop. Instead he chose to keep driving. Many locals and my family went to the dog and moved him to the path. Blood was pouring from his mouth. The locals could have easily called the police or a vet or some other animal service but many just decided to walk off and the rest were just not bothered.

I was furious at the driver of the vehicle, i don't know how he chose to just drive off when he seriously injured an animal that wasn't in his way or causing him any harm.

We waited until some kind of ambulance arrived to take away the dog and we gave the license plate that had fallen off the vehicle to the police.

I still don't know if the driver has been caught but i do know that the dog had died. All i hope is that the driver is put into prison and that some kind of animal help service is set up in Turkey.[/colour]

2. Re: Turkey

Bb code fail. Oh well.

3. Re: Turkey

I don't stop if I hit a dog. Should have been on a leash or not been in the road. Not my problem. Get over it.

4. Re: Turkey

Boundaries of compassion. The driver was probably on his/her way to the Syrian border to help the million plus human refugees living in squalor. Or just called up to man a tank at the border to stop ISIL from spilling into Turkey and decapitating tourists. I love dogs, but my Thai and Chinese friends tell me 'you love dog too much'. Your compassion reflects well on you and I hope you got some Turkish delight. I'm amazed a special animal ambulance showed up. You were in one of the poppy capitals of the world so I'm glad they were able to comfort and alleviate the canines suffering. More than many humans receive. Around here, a couple of 'stooges' (lol) just drive around in a yellow pickup with a snow shovel and scoop up all the dog's, cats, deer, racoon, possum, skunk, fox, you name it, then make a YouTube Scandinavian cooking show. And give the pelts to a taxidermist. And now time for They Might Be Giants 'Istanbul was Constantinople'. He he he.

5. Re: Turkey

A Turkey for me and a Turkey for you...I eat my Turkey in a big brown shoe. A gobble gobble gaggle and a gobble gobble giggle. I wish that Turkey only cost one nickel.......

6. Re: Turkey

I had a similar experience years ago. I saw a car hits golden retriever. My response was to accelerate and get the plate number of the car. I then honked my horn and blinked my lights until he was forced to pull over.

I went to the window and told him he hit a dog. When he said he had no idea he had done this (of course he said that) I threatened police action unless he went back to the scene of the accident, which he did.

I then found the dogs owners and fingered the guy who hit the poor critter. After that, I left. I have no idea if the dog lived or died, but, at least the family had answers

7. Re: Turkey

A dog is a family member. If you don't stop, them you're simply a horrible person

8. Re: Turkey

Prison? Beep beep beep..back up the bus....and run that wild rabid feral man eating dog over again. Have you seen 'midnight express?'. Have you seen the footage of what the stray dogs in Mexico City do to people? Have you seen the video of dogs in L.A. mauling animal control workers? You should track down that driver and send them a gift certificate for swerving to stop that viscious creature on the verge of mauling innocent vacationers.

9. Re: Turkey

I am intrigued by your use of the phrase 'everything was going 'normal'....in Turkey. I am intrigued by what constitutes...'normal' in Turkey. When you have time, please eleborate and continue your travel log/diary. My curiosity is piqued as to what other 'normal' adventures you had in Turkey.

10. Re: Turkey

In Costa Rica and Belize, I have made the mistake of sharing my nachos with stray dogs...next thing I know I'm the pied piper of Jaco Beach, with enough 'friendly for the time being' dogs for 30 iditarod teams following me around, hanging outside my hotel room, sitting on the beach watching me surf, eating my nachos, drinking my cerveza. Except in a Disney movie, I don't think that South American 'wolf pack' would have fared too well in Alaska. :)

11. Re: Turkey

Deeceefee, dogs are kind animals, their behaviour towards humans depends on how they are treated right?

12. Dogs are good until people make them bad. This is Actually true with most animals

13. And women, don't forget women.

14. Today I learned moose fingered a guy.

15. Lol. Moose...proctologist. a new sitcom coming soon to NBC.

16. Everyone's a comedian

17. I don't think he should be thrown into prison for hitting a dog. That's a bit extreme. 

He should've stopped though.

18. Moose most people keep their family members out of harms way and don't let them play in the street. Put your animal/family member on a leash. Your point is invalid.

19. Accidents do happen. Leashes can break.

20. Interesting laws in civilized countries. If the dog had an owner, then the car driver should have stopped....to get information on the careless owner who was not in control of their animal. And sue in court to collect compensation for damage to vehicle and emotional damages. There was no negligience or 'murder' on the part of the car driver. Unfortunate convergence of events you witnessed.