DISCUSSION: Prison Conditions in Norway

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Choccy, Mar 18, 2016.

1. lol seriously sounds like it's not too bad there ...they should send him to an American prison (I know there's worse) for a couple months see how he likes it there.

2. *claps* yes, however I apologise cheese, the greyness of forums is affecting my mind of late.

He should be stripped naked and flogged through the streets in a pillory, then dragged by his intimate not so manly parts through barbed wire.

Sometimes an example is needed. For the greater good ofcourse

3. lol hey OP so do ALL Norwegian convicts get the same treatment or just this guy? I'm surprised you don't have more crime there? I mean there's not much deterrent.

iPhone

4. Asked and answered, Todd.

5. lol so i don't know if this is the prison the guy is in but this one in Norway is deemed the worlds "most humane prison"

..they got a website lol

HALDEN FENGSEL

iPhone

6. Yes, everyone get the same treatment.

The crime rate in Norway is lower than it is in other countries with much worse prison conditions (for example the US). Maybe this is one of the reasons; that we focus on rehabilitation over punishment.

7. By the way, I think your top hat signature is ridiculous, Todd. It adds nothing to any discussion, takes up server and forum space, and is pointless. So you have an iPhone - so what? So do millions of other people. Keep it to yourself because I don't care what device you're using to post.

8. Yeah that is the reason ...there's not much rehab here in American prisons. Building prisons & housing convicts became big business here in the 90's it was even partially "PRIVATISED" here in America 20 years ago so the whole system has become corrupt because of it.

9. Well its Norway who cares.

10. Stop derailing and stay on topic

11. Hey OP do they let you keep your iPhone when you go to Norwegian Prison? Or do they make you switch to Android? Now that would be inhumane and the poor fellow has a right to complain

iPhone

12. Yeah i think he's got it too easy & norway are too lenient imo like Australia. Crimes like this, arson, sexual abuse, slavery and other horrific crimes all deserve the death penalty but we give people the chance to get smarter and learn how to do it again without being caught...i've read a little on the opinion of the Norwegian criminal prosecution system and it seems to me alot is hushed up and alot of stereotyping is done allowing for alot of injustices, meaning some are gone soft upon just so the government and some psychiatrists can say "hey, we were successful in rehabilating criminals, give us some respect and recognition".

13. I do not believe that any person deserve death. They may have done terrible things, but killing them would make us as bad as them. Every person have human rights, no matter of what he/she has done.

14. So it's more humane to keep them locked up for the rest of their lives? To ration their contact with others, control every aspect of their life? Is that more humane than killing them?

Prison may rehabilitate some, but for some, it will never change who they are.

It's more humane for the victim/victims relatives to know that the taxes they pay, are feeding the person whom committed the crime?

Who has more rights, the assailant or the victim?

If you do something inhumane, are you still entitled to your human rights?

15. Yeah we do all have rights and they chose to give up the right to being respectful of life and living in appropriate harmony with society so are already choosing to be dead to a well functioning society, death just gives it an official stamp to me. I don't know how that can make you as bad when you are removing what makes it bad...killing horrifically and killing in the name of justice are easily 2 different things to me & there is no fine line being tread.

16. Norwegian prison sounds more comfortable than college accommodation.

17. Yeah

18. Maybe he needs a transfer. I'd like to suggest the Men's Central Jail in Los Angeles. I'm sure he would have nothing to complain about there...

19. I don't understand why criminals are not deported to the moon already.

20. And if the operation goes wrong we only lost a couple mill