Devs advance notice please and possibly a monthly roadmap?

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by IX_THoR_XI, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Personally

Dun see what the issue would b in over communicating to their consumer base.

If they worried about anger over seeing how amount of promos you have planned - thru ain't surprising no one - we all know they plan to do do tons is promos

I'd really like to see 24 hr notice so I can b prepared to know when a promo starts and not realize one started an hour ago. I think seeing your plans for kaw 1 month at a time helps us to see how kaw is progressing.

2. Honestly, we've tried roadmaps in the past and they don't work. At this time a public roadmap isn't something we have planned. That doesn't mean we're not working on new things, nor that we won't share interesting things with you when we can.

It simply means that we won't be providing broad roadmaps that can and do change. In the past when we've done this, players don't understand that nothing is final until it's launched, nor that we may need to make important changes as we develop content or features.

As for events, they're here to stay. You don't have to participate in each and every one, but it offers options for those who do want to. Heck, even if you don't actively participate in them, you'll likely receive some rewards just for playing as you normally would.

3. Any comments about this Grant?

4. At some level when their is large support for new things in forums it would be nice to know at some point if... They are not doable or too complex to implement, so we can refine the types of creations we present to the KAW munity.

5. NEWS JUST IN. KAW CONFIRM ROAD MAPS AREN'T ON THE ROAD MAP!

lols

6. i think the progress being made in regards of the plastic industry is concerning

7. It's all about liquid metal batteries now anyways.

8. It's an interesting idea, but a few of the same kind of issues remain. The biggest of that until we actually have something ready to go and confirmed (events, policy changes, etc) we try not to promise something we may not be able to deliver on schedule (or at all). Usually as soon as we know of something big that is final we try to give everyone a heads up in its own separate thread.

9. Can we get a buffer on some of this stuff? Instead of the day of, can we know about an event with a 12-24 hour forum post prior?

10. This also. I'd like to assume most of us that spend on the game are responsible adults, and have budgets .. The more advance I get about something, the more able I am to adjust my budget for any consumable, it's better business.

11. What about giving us 24 hour advance notice on pending promos

12. promo in 23 hours

13. Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I can chat with the team to see what they would think of a sort of "teaser" 24 hours before an event comes out.

14. The promo adv notice would include the promo description

Btw by roadmap
    - I meant a monthly description of events and promos and as well as updates and releases
    - this would include hte promos, updates of land and building releases, and dates of events

15. If you do be sure to prevent exploitation by ending the current system of giving out event rewards for completing epic battles ending after the event started where these were started before the event. A bit like the 'no community rewards' to new players.

Personally I don't support the advance notice and prefer the current surprises, thank you.

16. I'm in the middle between knowing and not knowing. EB/PVP Event details and timing really isn't that big of a deal.

Knowing EE season starts, releases of new features (clan roles for example) or rough timing of OS update releases and cutoff dates for support of OSs would be great.

I don't fully agree that new kingdoms being left out entirely in community rewards. The plunder bonus at minimum would encourage new players with a carrot and not give an Alt a huge advantage raking in 500 Silver Bars in first week of play.

17. Maybe consider taking more advantage of your social media outlets by releasing teasers on things like the facebook and twitter page. This would not only boost attention to your external media outlets, but would encourage players within the current base to check those out and get involved.

Food for thought.

18. Surprises are OP af

19. Looking back at the long history of design changes with this app, why would you want a monthly roadmap. Just be thankful that you are not adversely affected by a major screw up every few months.

I mean, you are talking about a team who didn't foresee the plunder war exploit.

20. Thankfully everyone that plays this game has a short memory, right Grant?