Device Delinking and Account Management

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by kaw_admin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. KaW does not want to answer my question

2. I have 15 connected to mine it says is that bad I only use it on this Idevice and my laptop?

3. Knight, this is a bug many others have reported. Take a screenshot of that, and email it to the developers at support@athinkingape.com

If you would like more detail on that case, refer to page 2 and 3 of this thread.

4. Your so nice slayerbob what would we do without you 

5. Kaw,

When I saw 5/5 of devices on account management, I unlinked 2 of the iDevices.

What is the max limit to unlink?

If someone on android does a factory reset or flash a Rom, will it consider as a new device?

Why not use ways like udid+Facebook logins to avoid counting factory reset on iDevice as new device?

6. Idk Knight, read the thread hopefully. :mrgreen:

7. I have 114 accounts apparently? How do I know which ones to delete?

8. Boss, see my post on the previous page.

9. Cool!! I freaked out at first when I saw another device on my account but now it's all good!!!!

10. It says I'm connected to 9/5 but I'm only this device

11. Hey everyone,

For the X/5 device situations, it seems to be related to spoofing your mac address.
    Every time you cause a new mac address to be created for your device, it's going to add a 'new' device.
    This DOES NOT count towards your device limits, so nothing to fear there.
    We should be able to better address this when the iOS6 release is out, as the issue is related to how iOS4/5 handles device identifiers.

Thank you to everyone who emailed us about this, we now have enough data on this and don't require any additional emails about it.

12. Maybe you all should have tested this before just putting it out there. Mine is now up to 31/5. It's all the same device. Close the app or turn your phone off and then go back to KAW, BAM there is a new device. Lmao.

My question is what do you do with all those extra/same devices? Disconnect them every time you log on? Wait until your account gets locked for now reason?

Looks to me like it just recognizes that a device logs on to KAW but has no idea what device it is so it counts it as a new one.

13. I'm sooooooooo kaw-nfused :? 8/5 devices linked? I've not even had 5 accounts!! Well actually i did have 5 but then i deleted one to link my phone to pc o_O only have 4 i don't understand how i could have 8? I've done 3 device transfers within the last year and actually maybe it was longer than a year :? But i still don't understand where 8 accounts comes from or really any of the thread after reading it over a few times.
    And tbh i don't really get the whole ata ID either... Do i lose my other accounts for having an ata ID?

14. Hi KaW admin, so i did restore my iPad 2 days before you guys make this new option for disconnecting devices now i am disabled from log in. and not only the iPad all devices i can log in only using PC i send an email for the support team they said its out of their control and its an automatically system will lock we cant do anything. so now my account is like what you are saying X/5 so as i understand of what you said: (For the X/5 device situations, it seems to be related to spoofing your mac address.
    Every time you cause a new mac address to be created for your device, it's going to add a 'new' device.
    This DOES NOT count towards your device limits, so nothing to fear there.
    We should be able to better address this when the iOS6 release is out, as the issue is related to how iOS4/5 handles device identifiers.

so is my problem will be fixed when new IOS release or i have another issue?

15. Your issue is totally diffrent mate.

Your allowed five transfers PER YEAR. If your locked from loading your account onto another device it means you have hit that five. Factory Reseting DOES COUNT towards the transfer limit because you have to RELINK yor account to the device. Now this will be that way for one year as it is an AUTOMATIC system coding to lock any account that attempts to do a sixth transfer, when I had this happen I could log onto previous devices/Pc. But not link a new one, that changed I believ though.

What the devs addressed above, and this is at Sox two. Is basicly that right now the "Linked Devices" is showing your Log for when you get on. I hope this helps you!

16. how to tranfer account android to android device?

17. this has got to be made for android aswell.

18. @Dine hit the gear in the upper left.
    Then account management.
    Then ata id and link it.
    Get your other Device and hit restore account.
    Enter the ata id. Pick the banner wuth your name below it

Will be on droid no ETA as of yet

19. Please make android able to. I need to switch accounts cause i somehow got magically perm silenced

20. Please make android able to. I need to switch accounts cause i somehow got magically perm silenced