depression and other mental health awareness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IK_ARCHANGELOFCHAOS_IK, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's the stigma, because unfortunately we live in a world where if you break your arm, everyone runs over to sign your cast.
    But if you tell people you are depressed, they run the other way.
    Thats the stigma.
    We are so accepting of a body part breaking other than our brains.
    And thats just pure ignorance.
    And that ignorance has created a world that doesnt understand depression, that doesn't understand mental health.

2. Re: seriously

Jester I'm sorry if this has happned to you but I swear I am not one of those people and many of the people that have commented on this post know me and know that as a fact. I am here to help

3. Support. My mom suffers as well and is on disability for mental issues. It's tough to reach out when depressed as well, but sometimes just reaching out means you find some awesome new to hang out with.

4. Yes cutter there are some awesome people out there and to me when a depression reaches out for help that means they want to live. Then reaching out is then acknowledging that there is something wrong and just getting the will upnto reach out to someone after you've been hiding it and suffering in silence means you're already starting to recover. But you have to reach out and get help. People think they can do it on their own but you can't. I learned that the hard way

5. Go take your meds and keep your crazy out of forums.

Talking to someone in a tap tap game isn't gonna help your depression. Get off the game and make real life friends. Talk to someone who can actually help you

6. Talking to people who have gone through it can help whether or not you're on a "tap tap game" or not. I help the people her I'll give the number to their local hotline and stuff like that. A friend of mine on here who is professionally trained in this stuff even offered his help

7.  funny, but false. The effect of being physically separated can actually make it easier to reach out. You don't feel like you have to face your fears or issues "face-to-face."

8. Do not make statements like that unless you at least understand both sides, not just your own. Then you would know that in most cases of depression, talking to somebody helps at least a little.

9. And meds are not always the answer to the problem, if you take depression meds and don't need them or use them incorrectly, they can really screw you up, sometimes permanently

10. The loneliest people - are the kindest
    The saddest people - smile the brightest
    The most damaged people - are the wisest.
    This is by far the truest thing in the world when it comes to people.

11. I really
    Think
    This
    Thread is dangerous
    No support. You are not a professional you should not interfere with these matters, people should refrain from posting such private things into a public space.

12. Good thing I'm an idiot and a prick that never smiles.. I'd hate to be sad, lonely, and damaged.

13. I'd suggest using music as an escape. Explore different genres and really open your mind to all sorts of different sounds. Don't listen to sad or depressing music. Listen to something that's upbeat or progressive. Music can alter one's mood easily. I like to draw while I listen to it. Having a creative outlet can do no harm, whether you're into writing, drawing, making music, videos, etc. Right now I'm currently in love with Tame Impala's new album, I'll have it on repeat pretty much all day!

14. Melissa I agree and scumbag you're only talking on this thread because I am IA and IA was hitting because you went inactive in a war that one us was in. I don't respect your comments because I feel like you are speaking out of anger and there will be no arguing in this thread

15. Mental illness is by no means a joke. I just wish the world would start getting serious about it instead of accepting it as normal like Bruce Jenner and the transgender society. We need people actually going out and doing something for people like him that need help.

16. Good advice, except I would disagree about the depressing music thing. I really enjoy sad music, especially if it's something I can connect to. Putting sound to a feeling can be sort of cathartic.

17. Support

18. As much as people believe this is the "right" thing to do, sometimes it isn't. The best advice you can give to someone with any mental illness, call it depression, schizophrenia, any eating disorder or self harm mentallity, is to seek for a professional, not just someone in KaW, a real and true professional.

19. Having *** helps my depression.

Oh... I also drink a lot. That helps me. I take no meds and I'll never see a professional about my depression bc it's bad news to become a 'depression' statistic on your insurance.

Also... If you need help, don't bother talking to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.