depression and other mental health awareness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IK_ARCHANGELOFCHAOS_IK, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I know this will be filled with trolls and people not taking it as serious as it needs to be, but if I get only two or three people to start this taking this seriously that I'll be happy. In the past month I have lost 3 friends to suicide and 5 over my lifetime. I myself have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder and possibly bi-polar disorder. I feel like society just looks down on people illness like we should all be locked up and that we are a danger to society. Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet are probably suffering from depression, or schizophrenia and you would never know till it was to late. News outlets never talk about because it just isn't something people talk about. It should be talked it and people shouldn't feel like they have to hide it frome everyone. Tell the right people before its to late. It doesn't matter if it's you suffering or a friend. Get them the help they need, talk to them, be there for them, and do you what you have to help them. I'm willing to talk to anyone here that just needs someone to talk to and of even else willing to be ears for people in pain and need somone to talk to feel free to post so. Thank you for reading this

2. Support. I'm also here if anyone needs to talk.

3. Can you help me? OCCUPY MY BRAIN. OH YEA!!!!

4. Need anything man, there's TONS of people out there that will listen. Aside from the trolls and asses, there are people who actually care. I'm only a pm away, as are many others.

5. I'm just ignoring the trolls and I'm just trying to help the people of kaw. I've run into one to many here with similar problems that either haven't or are to scared to get the help they need

6. I personally have suffered from depression and anxiety in the past, and currently have some anger management issues that are impacting my life. These are serious problems that genuinely need to be looked after, and are usually not the fault of the person suffering them. If you know someone who you think is struggling, please say something. All they may need is a friend, and it could save their life.

7. It's always about the money, no money no friends.

8. I could ask a burning question of...."all your friends are committing suicide, whats the common denominator?"

But I wont. Thats a horrible way to ask this....what community involved agencies are near you.....we in kawville are most likely far from you. With many years of emergency medicine and as a firefighter, suicide is real. Almost weekly we made calls for people who felt no other out. Reach out and contact a local organization. Kaw is not the place for your venue bud

9. I saw a wall of text and didn't even try to read :lol:

Support what you're doing though

10. Sorry but asking random people you dont know on the internet for help is well CRAZY.

I have know people also that took their own lifes and two things are certain.

1. It has nothing to do with me.
    2. They were idiots.

Live your own life and dont worry about what others do or think and you be much happier.

11. I have my situation under control and if I cant help someone I have the resources for them to contact the right people. But I'm only here for people to talk or get them in contact with the right people. That's what I'm trying to do

12. Thank you for helping those people

13. Support, I work as a Psychosocial Rehabilitation worker and have seen people with a range of disorders live a happy and productive life with the right help. Good coping skills and a caring individual can make a big difference during a crisis.I hope more reach out in their time of need and someone is there to support and help them.

14. I've heard a lot of talk abut Aspergers disease, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. Anyone can fill me in? Is it some depressed genius disease or something?

15. Aspergers is developmental disorder people are born with. It's kinda like a mild form of autism

16. The truth is... I may also had a depression a few months ago if I... Well, didn't gave up in finding a reason for me to live in the world. I am not close to anyone, not very much to my family and especiallt my friends. If I tried to, I would just felt much sadder since they had no idea if what I am thinking of.....
    Since I am a Christian I just stick to God, and let him show me the answer in the right time and be my friend and listener. For now, I'm still enduring this sadness, lonelyness or anger while I continue my life... That's why I respect Christianity that much, because I look into God as my only true friend, even though I can't see him...

I am pretty close to depression but I think I just save myself but then of course not all ppl believe in Christianity but few continue their life even though there's a lot of challenges coming in the way because they had a good friend and a good listener. And just as what op said, these ppl need a friend, but their sadness can sometimes easily be hidden. I suggest that don't help others whom you don't know that much but know them instead and then you can already help them....
    Ps: put some spaces so that not only ppl who care and not bored can read this....

17. Kaw may not be the best place to find solace, but there are definitely worse places.

Sometimes all someone needs is a stranger who won't judge. A stranger who is unbiased. A stranger who will listen. Just another human being on the other end.

I am always here to listen if someone needs an ear/eye. I may not be able to commiserate, but I will listen and respond as best I can. Heck, I may even vent back. Stranger therapy! (In the most innocently platonic way possible)

18. Sometimes kaw is someone's only form of social interaction so to find someone on here that will listen and try and help could mean a lot

19. I can help if you need someone to talk to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.