Día de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aries, Oct 21, 2014.

1. You're Mexican?

You learn something new everyday.

2. This post is heading south fast. Lol. Bomb Canada. How's the Mexican Space Administration Doing? Got that Orca on the moon yet? Oops, gotta go, something important on Telemundo. Lol.

3. I take offense when people call themselves "Mexican American".

Why the hell would you want to be American?

4. I thought the politically correct term is now 'first nations' or 'indigineous' peoples? Or whatever someone calls themselves in their language? Cherokee, Oneida, tuskarora, Comanche, Olmec, Inuit, Shoshone, inca, aztec, bantu, hutu, niger, zulu, deutsch, ad nauseum, etc...? Better to define people by what they do and not their genetic makeup. In any event cinqo de Mayo, October fest, Kwanzaa, Chinese new year, fee fee day, festival of color, celebrate it all. Lol

5. *sprays Febreeze*

Sorry, your pride was starting to smell.

Op, you could have had included so many things more. I am a bit close to this celebration and description remains short. Día de Muertos is a very colorful party in some places and a very interesting experience to live.

Graveyards are a bit different here and people go there are make them the most pretty and happy place on earth. Eating marshmallows while listening to the traditional mexican music that some people bring to their ancestors, or enjoying delicious tacos while watching how the candles consume at 5am in the morning. It's a feeling you can't describe.

Anyway, don't be dumb and fight over who is what.

6. Today's Oct 21..the Christian feast of St. Hilarion (look up the painting..'the temptation of saint hilarion' poor sap, what was he thinking?) And U.K. apple day, and United States pumpkin cheesecake day, and Indian nurse day, and Chinese abroad day, so going to hit the all you can eat Chinese buffet, some cheesecake and cider, hug a nurse and write a poem about Trafalgar. Lol.

7. ️That deserves a medal :lol:

8. I can look through some old photos, I'm sure I have some

9. America is a combination of the continental landmasses of North America and South America. Any person living within these ranges is an American. I am an American, and I live in a Spanish speaking island.

10. Hence why it's called Latin America, where the most mass of Spanish speaking countries is held.

11. For the record, Jedi, my Latin ancestors died so "America" could become in what it is now, so if I were you, I'd do some research before making racist remarks such as the ones you just made in this thread.

12. Do you live in a cave on the island? Or in a hole in the island? Or do you live on an island? Lol. Kidding. Correcting grammar is amusing. Now I will try to type the same thing in Espanol.....:)

13. In my country (Philippines) , We have the same ceromy. But it's on November 1st, and instead of offering food and such, we place candles and flowers on the tomb of our loved ones and set up chairs and sit there for hours until midnight. It's very similar, but not at the same time :)

14. What is fee fee day and is that only celebrated by prisoners and people who can't get any?

15. The argument about the racist statement on pg1 let it go guys it's so 3pgs ago 

16. YEA JEDI WHAT'S UR ******* PROBKEM BRO!!! LOL IM "MEXICAN AMERICAN" BUT I CONSIDER MYSELF A CHICANO! THERES NO SUCH THING. AS. AZTECS. THEY CALLED THEMSELVES MECHICA! THATS WERE CHICANO ORIGINATED FROM. Aztec is what the spaniards called them. Paque Sepan! But all in all im Mexican!! ID RATHER BE CALLED MEXICAN THAN AMERICAN! ᤾I AINT NO WOP AND I AINT GOING ANYWHERE.

17. I'm American. I speak some Spanish but I'm not Latino. I enjoy learning about different cultures so this thread started out interesting. Thanks for sharing op