Curious about 1v1..

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *Miss_Pinky (01), Oct 13, 2012.

1. im not bigger than ajax

2. Ok touch follow back. I need to teach you exactly why so many people are hansels.

3. Touch,

Have you not been listening ? If your troops are below 20% HE CAN'T HIT YOU, if you assassinate his troops, you will be able to put him DTW. Do you understand how spy's come out on top ?

4. Touch_Me 14/14/1 np because I got like 10 incoming from someone random while I was unloading :(

5. His spy's are pinned. Not his troops though.

6. ajax,

I can't always keep my troops below 20%. I can't always keep his troops pinned. When I was fighting sam, I failed against him most of the time. When I finally burned all his spy defense pots, that's when he finally came around and posted his apology thread because I was able to get through on him so much more.

It took me nearly a week to burn through them all. I'm not that active anyway, so he could easily have attacked me all the time with his troops and had no problem getting through.

I still think attack builds have the advantage.

7. That's his fault, but spy's have the total advantage, if you want I could teach you a thing or two you know, after a apology thread in forums that is.

8. @Touch: In war? You're incorrect.

Attack builds may make the most gold, but Hansels/spies are the most annoying builds you'll ever encounter to be farmed by.

Honestly, getting steal after steal after steal…

Someone gets bored with time, you know… not seeing a name in the newsfeed xD.

9. Attack builds do actually have an advantage.

I have both, 1 attack build, and 3 BC spies. 3 spies because if I 3/4 troop unload with my attack build, I can FB steal 3x on my spies without them going DTW.

People are more scared of my spies, so I draw them out with my attack build, use pots to scout down their spies and then let them waste spies till they are 0, and stay on them. I can pin a BC spy with practically 500k spy on my attack build. You just have to know how, and if they get out of pin I use my other spy acc's to scout bomb them to 0 again and let my attack build regen.

10. ajax,

You've got a better chance of seeing Sarah Palin getting elected to the presidency than seeing an apology thread from me.

11. Of course, you're a hansel, not a spy.

A spy would be the *cough* almost ideal build for war, it doesn't need allies, and as soon as an attack build runs out of potions, he's doomed.

12. i was elected prez here so anything is possible :lol:

13. I love fighting hansels with my attack build because I can burn through their DP and they are my OSF. Stripping with an attack build is much easier if in 1v1 because attacking takes x2 gold per action than steals. But you have to be patient. The hansel can assass you and pin you, you just have to wait for when they sleep.

14. nightrush,

it doesn't really matter. Steals don't make me lose very much. It seems like maybe less than 1%. Attacks make me lose a lot more. Maybe 10x more. It seems closer to 2% or so.

Sure, spy actions are annoying because you don't know who's doing it, but it doesn't do much damage.

15. A pure spy can still get hit with money out, a hansel, once DTW, stops getting hit.

16. Night-

It depends on attack builds style. I go for a stripping build,

6m/4m/300k/2m

Yes. Towers are to stop spies pinning me and help stop strips

17. @Val: That's true but, I find it much more annoying to wake up and see a 50 newsfeed, 0 gold out, and a bunch of steals, than having 0 gold out (as usual for a spy :p), and well… not being able to be attacked even once.

Of course, that's a spy's case vs. an attk, not a hansel vs. attk :)

18. Towers and greaves and your a spies worst stripping nightmare.

19. A spy vs an attack build is ideal.
    You can use assassinate to harm their troops and steals to keep em pinned. Att build can only hurt your troops with you can completely drain both their bars with the right strategy and enough time/xstals
    Attack builds make more money, but with all that money in allies, they're screwed if they're caught asleep. All you have to do is catch em offline, buy their ally and then sit on em.

20. And I dunno why, but I've gone the wrong rail.

Everyone's talking about hansels vs. attack builds, I'm talking about spies vs. attack builds.

>.>