Crux Crusades: In Cold Blood

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Should be good now :)

2. No leaderboard to see how we're getting on??

3. You never answered my ss post, I thought gold crates dropped rare items and above?

4. Best thing I got from it was 200% profilic plunder...Out of
    10 CHESTS
    :lol:

5. this event is such a joke.

the reason the last "crux" event was so great was because of the quantity of crux chests. the boost to plunder compelled people to max xtal on hte to get the most out of it. you partly ruined that by putting the chests up for sale, it took away a bit of the "wow" factor. and now you have slowed down the rate at which people can get them by making it a "random" drop? no thanks. not interested in opening the extra chests like i was in the animus box event.

the reason the animus box event worked was because the rewards were decent equipment PLUS those build tokens. i opened up every single box, just to make sure i kept my spot in the top 1000. not to mention all the xtals and seals. why? because i wanted that sword, i didn't want to have to upgrade it, and i wanted the build tokens.

this one? fewer crux chests and the rewards are terrible. the big spending hfbc aren't interested, because the only thing of worth is the build tokens.

i'm not interested because the rewards just aren't worth spending a ton of money on.

you would have been better off giving people's wallets a break for the holidays and running a compelling event in january.

or better yet, running an event this month where free to players had a level playing field with the pay to players. to show that you had some sort of holiday spirit.

7. For the record I have opened one gold crate so far and got a gold crux chest.

As for wordwaster, may I ask why you think its ok to extrapolate your single experience from a sample size of one as being indicative of all of kaw? I am no less or more active than during animus, doing roughly the same eb pattern, but I am currently sitting on 3 chests having opened one today already.

Total chests I recieved over the whole of the last event - 3

8. * crates, not chests. Sorry, drank too much out-of-date psion today *hic*

9. what the hell are you talking about? i was giving my opinion of the event. why would i use anything beyond my own experience?

sorry if you didn't get a lot of gold chests in the last crux event. i got plenty. and i'm not "extrapolating" from a sample size of one.

winning team = guaranteed crux chest during the crux crusade
    winning team with 50+ tokens = guaranteed gold crux during the crusade

but for this event?
    winning team or members of the losing team with 50+ tokens, have a chance of getting a crux chest from the tokens.

i understand that they added potential chances by giving crates away as drops. but that just cheapens the token hunt. the rewards for getting 50 tokens during a round are less than you get in the process of getting the tokens. (1 crate per round vs 2-6 crates dropped from ebs daily) and it adds an additional pay element that just feeds further into my argument that the rewards are not worth the cost.

I haven't noticed any difference between the gold crates and the normal crates. nothing but normal crux chests and tokens from either one. (again, this is not the experience of a single account).

i have tons of crates that i haven't opened. and unlike the animus event, i have no intention of opening ever last crate i receive. why would i? there is NO REASON to try for the top 1000. all i need is 500 tokens. i'll get there without opening the extra crates.

this event is nothing but a convoluted mash up of two previous events, that takes the worst aspects of each to make a spectacularly unimpressive event.

but anyway. i'm sorry that you think that its not okay for me to give MY experience with this event. i hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

i will make one change to my previous post, perhaps i should have said "fewer gold crux chests".

10. @mighty and word,let's not get too work out with a game. has been thru such feelings of frustration and disappointment. the future will depend on whether the focus is on short term gain from events or long term sustainability of the game. by now, many would have realised who will be in the leader board. I am still playing not because of superduper equipment, chests or plunderer spells. but because of the friends I have made. it is about time to spend precious time with your loved ones.

11. 2 building tokens for 500 reward tokens ???

You should either make it 3 build tokens for top 1k collectors or 1 for 500 reward tokens ..... There is gunna be a huge gap between the 2

12. Hi devs. I'm not one of your usual posters but do have a concern. Still have not seen a good solution for building tokens as it applies to those of us that are build complete. This is the second event that I will gain nothing in that regard. At least allow us to convert those items to crux chests or something. Worked hard to get here and asking for equity.

13. A little TL/DR there word waster.

Of course you are welcome to give your opinion. I didn't say you couldn't.

Its just that you have assumed that your current single experience of drop rates over the 1/4 of this promo rings true for the thousands who play this game.

Thats all.

14. you are making a false assumption on the "single" experience. again.

regardless, the math backs me up. where in the last event you had a 50/50 chance of getting a gold crux chest each round (as long as you put in the effort to get 50 tokens), this time you do NOT have a 50/50 chance of getting a gold crux chest.

your brain: try using it.

unless you are claiming that you have a 50/50 chance of getting a gold crux chest out of the crates?

15. But you have a 100% chance of getting something if you get over 50 tokens dont you?

Cant be bothered to look up the promo info tbh. Im sure you'll tell me if im wrong.

16. true. but my point is that the prizes are lesser than previous two events they combined to make this one. btw; you get more crates from ebs than from the tokens anyway.

this event is sub par. i get the feeling that the devs will realize that when they see the lower spending rate of the players.

17. Ha im not going to disagree with any of that :)

18. Sub par or not its still a freebie n comparing events to one another is open to much speculation.

19. Its cool hawk, im down with the free stuff.

Sign of things to come though I think. Promos now will surely be endless. I could be wrong but is this the first promo wIth recycled mechanics and no equip to win?

Obviously if promos are to be constant, not every one can be rewarded with cool looking equip or have new features. Expect more of these 'filler' promos going forward.

I have no problem with them personaly :)

20. True tht. The numbers are rly low. I'm alrdy at 400.