Crisis in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Will, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Greetings KAW friends,
    As many of you are already aware Russia has recently declared war on Ukraine and an invasion is underway.
    At ATA, our Ukrainian players are in our thoughts, and we are sending our love and support your way. Please do what you can to stay safe.

Through this crisis we should all put focus into how we can support those impacted. This means supporting those in Ukraine, but also those with loved ones there and those that are dealing with the stressors tied to this situation. Let's all work together to create safe spaces to support each other in this incredibly difficult time.

Support Each Other Personally

Gaming can often be an escape for people dealing with traumatic experiences, so be mindful to be extra kind to each other and accepting that others may be dealing with stressors we are unaware of.

Let's also avoid arguing with each other about the situation in-game. Arguments like this can become insensitive very quickly, and can be triggering for those trying to escape this reality.

Remember that we all could use someone to talk to right now, so let's show up for our friends.

Supporting Charitable Organizations

Below are just a few of the charities that are supporting Ukrainians directly impacted, although there are several more out there. I encourage you to do your own research to find the way you feel most comfortable providing support.

International Committee of the Red Cross
    The ICRC will be directly supporting the Ukrainian Red Cross with the rebuilding of infrastructure in Ukraine. You may also find your local branch of the Red Cross is accepting donations, or you can directly donate to the Ukrainian Red Cross.
    https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/europe-central-asia/ukraine

Voices of Children
    This is a Ukrainian based charity directly helping children impacted by the war through psychological and psychosocial support.
    https://voices.org.ua/en/

- From your friends and family at ATA

#1 ATA-Will, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  2. Also good to keep in mind, most Russians donโ€™t have a say in what their government does. It is important for sure to be supportive of Ukrainian people, but also to be understanding that your Russian acquaintances are not to blame.

Be kind to all, always. โค๏ธ

3. Thanks Will, these are good reminders.

4. [​IMG]

Russians protesting their government over the attack on the Ukraine.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

5. Prayers for all the innocent people in both countries!

6. Will i get a reward or an achievement from kaw for donating?

7. Not if itโ€™s an outside link. Those achievements are from buying nobs and the proceeds went to the cause. These are direct donations that KaW canโ€™t access the files for

8. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Liberate likes this.
  9. Its a tik tok cartoon link. Open the link to see the cartoon.

10. Innocent Ukrainians & Russians you r in my daily Prayers๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

11. Sending prayers, juju, good vibes, everything towards Ukraine and the Ukrainian KaWmunity! Pms are always open if someone needs to talk, everyoneโ€™s life matters!

12. [​IMG] ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

13. I try to preach this every time I see a heated argument around the situation. Thank you Will and ATA ๐Ÿป

14. Let's go team Russia ๐Ÿ’ช