Constructive debate on scouts and their place in system wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *lllllllllllIIIiiiiIIiiII (01), Jun 10, 2013.

1. No support thats wat gives kaw its challenge u dont wanna be scouted by pots defensive use mith so on n so forth im srry but u r wrong

2. I think I need to clarify the changes should be limited to system wars only.

3. I think they should just change the stealing mechs, they are useless besides SKO now.

4. I think scouts should stay in ee-wars with these two changes:
    - lower damage or higher fail rate
    - add info about enemy regen (how much regenerated he is? 50% .. or 10%) = then it's useful have this action

5. and yes #2 = no pots sounds as easier solution

6. #2 Sounds fair

7. I've had a lot of support for no2 in pms aswell, seems the most sensible option. I've not seen any well constructed counter criticism for leaving things as they are, only opinion from those that would lose out from the ability to scout bomb big Hansel's with tiny spy attack stats.

8. Support for #2

9. If number 3 was out in place.

Burning pots would be a breeze

10. .. So, @1 and 4

Would pure spies be indestructible? Never to be KO'd.

@2 and 3.

No and no. With the pot advantage, it allows players to hit heavy hansels. Heavy hansels would be over powered with that. - plus, can you imagine how much Sdp you would go through each war?

In a week, it could cost upwards of 50m up in just sdp.

11. that would actually be a nice feature to add to scouts, info on defenders current troop level.

12. whats your justification for attack builds being able to wipe out hansels spy troops?

13. The way I see it, if they are willing to spend that much in spy atk pots, then it already has a downside. That's a lot of pots to restock.

14. not really, wars are only 1-2 hours long and the gain from winning far out weighs the cost in spy attack pots.

15. Well then that's the part that needs adjustment, not the fight mechanics.

16. If the gains far outweigh the cost of the pots, maybe the gains need a slight downward adjustment.

17. For a long time all people said was reward more mith. Doesnt change a fundamental flaw in the current system.

18. 79 scouts per full bar. Multiply by 4.
    Multiply that number by the total cost of 11 SDP
    Multiply that number by 12 wars.
    You sure you want that option? Noone will have enough SDP to sustain OSW or stay potted for a system war with your type of thinking from the defending scouts with pots.
    Not to mention you are turning an HLBC T5 hansel with 5 T5 SDTA into a jesus build. Noone could kill them if they had sufficient BFA, not to mention those 6mcs static SDEF tower builds,

Why not try something to the effect of - half the rate of loss for a scout KO.
    Normal 10% for all other actions.
    Scout win real wars btw ;)

But seriously. Put up 5 T5 SDEF towers, see how many fails you will get from a weak hansel/hybrid.

Any other points that need made?

19. Just a thought, but from full, an atk build of equal-ish size to me couldn't drop my spies to 0 on their own due to the increase spy loss of hitting me from above 50% and the lower loss of my own spies during that time frame. If they couldn't scout me how would they deal with my build? They already can't touch my troops cus I'm not gonna leave gold out in war.
    Secondly, scout KO's in EE wars give a significantly lower bonus payment than assa and massively lower that atk KO's (usually around 2-5m vs 25-50m for assa and 200m for atk KO's), this for me is a fairly significant difference.
    Personally, whilst I find it massively frustrating to receive 70 inc scouts at the beginning of a war, I accept my role in war, even if that is to take a crap load of spy troops to 0 my own. 