Constructive debate on scouts and their place in system wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *lllllllllllIIIiiiiIIiiII (01), Jun 10, 2013.

1. where did i say i didnt? are you forgetting troop defence pots are included still when hitting.

2. im saying scouts are way overpowered

3. 1) scouts is the main reason I get koed n how I ko in war, tho I'm a noob, it seems like a big thing. It kills your opponent if u scout enough
    2) not many ppl scout to see their chances later on. They hv to speed up their scouts/attacks to ko quickly, they don't really look at your opponents buildings.
    Once again, I'm an inexperienced noob n I maybe missing something here

4. That's why your spies are stronger than an attack build's. Even with towers, you should get through.

5. Assassinates which cost 2 actions from the Att build ... Personally I think this is a good balance system ... But I understand hansels frustration.... But a properly build Att build needs far more towers to war then a hansel does so the lvl of plunder loss trying to def against a hansel kinda evens it out more ...
    An att build need to devote almost 1/3 of its build to spy stats to protect it self from a hansel a hansel by definition only does 10% to troop stats yet can duck under dtw as a form of def ...
    I think this check and balance system actually works well but it's my personal thoughts on the subject

6. @Mikedawg
    I agree, hansels were beasts in the old system war mechs and in osw, that's why there are tons of hansels nowadays.

7. Allow sdp to be used when defending a sct. However, I think current format is ok.

8. Not broken-dont fix

9. Amen Fractals that basically puts into words what I was trying to explain

10. i diagree as do alot of others.

11. You could reduce the amount of Spies lost to scout actions. Make 1/3 of the current loss to the defender and that will lower the value of
    scout actions.

12. Also a spy build or any build for that matter uses no pots to def against scouts so it makes war cheaper for the person resievibg those type of inc ...
    Also want to point out that even with the pot and eq advantage to scouting that a spy build with 2 mill static spy def is very difficult to scout for anyone with less than say 500k spy Att I know I've faced plenty the last 5 months lol
    Lesson don't go to war without a proper build

13. spot on fractals. i dont see devs considering this, if they do they should consider attacks killing spies and/or hansel dtw mechs as well. assassinations are just too overpowered...

14. It happens to both sides. Scouts allow lower stated players to be effective in war too. Take away scout ability and it would ruin wars.

Would end up with just hugely stacked clans and no smaller stated players as smaller players successful actions would cease completely.

15. I just want the scouting advantage gone. Since when do you see scouts winning a war in

16. yea its always in the news that scouting the enemy repeatedly won the war.

17. Scouting gathers intel, intel allows you to build strategy, strategy wins warslol

18. Interesting discussion. Where can I find the most comprehensive thread on game mechanics?

19. Actually in war there are far more outtings with the soul purpose of Scouting then any or all combat missions combined .. If u want to get down to it

Every time a drone or a U2 flys or for that matter every time a trooper goes on patrol or a plane goes up and doesn't shoot a single round of ammo that's 90% of every war