Coming out as gay

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OkieDokie, Mar 9, 2017.

1. I can only say this, life is too short. Be yourself live YOUR life as you want, cause when you live it according to what others think, you end living their life not your own.

2. Be true to yourself. Other people's opinions are irrelevant. As long as you're happy with yourself, things will be ok. I came out my junior year, and it was the best decision I ever made. That was almost 12 years ago. I didn't have really any issues with people, and people are far more accepting nowadays.

3. Yes, we are quite fabulous.

That being said, I'm sure you'd be welcome here as we aren't a bunch of scumbags.

Best of luck kid.

4. Best of luck to you with that. Even in this day coming out isn't an easy thing to do. Hopefully people will be accepting of who you are. And a bit of advice, never allow anyone to make you feel beneath them because of how you choose to live your life.

5. Why is this needed? Why is this on a child's game? Why would you need to ask or take this kind of advise in a game.

6. Be yourself and (beep) what others have to say. High school's only meaning is your diploma, after you get out you'll see how unimportant the social troubles were past making you a stronger person.

Be proud and be tough and let that toughness forge your mind in allowing you to be yourself. Your twin will get over it and accept you in time if he doesn't accept you right of the bat.

7. Some people need an outlet that allows them to speak out without showing their face. It's a shield and the person asking is a child.

The real question is this, why is a child so intimidated and scared to express themself in public and out in the real world?

8. What has made KAW last is the social aspect and the ability to bring real life issues here, and have support that may not be readily available in real life. What's glaring to me, is that many still use the term "gay" as an insult. Maybe that's why these times are tough for a guy in junior high. It's not an insult, and until people can grow past that, this will be difficult for people in the OP's situation. Be you OP, ignore the ignorance, but do you in a classy, respectable manner that you'll have no regrets from and that also shows those close to you that you care.

9. Why do you have to come out of the closet at all? I don't understand why it's necessary to make any kind of proclamation about it. Someone said it earlier, your family and friends probably already know and when you meet other gay dudes yall will know ....I'm not gay but I got pretty strong Gay-dar. When I meet a suspected gay dude I don't call him out and point at him and start screaming like in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I just go about my own business and he goes about his business.

But lets say you try to make your business my business don't I have a right to comment about it? ...even if I don't agree with it? Everybody's entitled to believe in what they want to believe in.
    If you're not gonna like what everybody is gonna say or think about it ...and trust me not everyone will agree with you whether anyone thinks they should or not, then its probably best to not make a proclamation about it unless you're willing to fight that fight.

I say do the exact opposite act and be as gay as you want to and then when people call you out deny it ...like Wordwaster & Snoopy do.

"A Bacon Love Story" part 9 ...coming soon



11. Do what you need to do to be you. Don't let others put you down or bully you. Those are just small minded people who aren't happy with themselves. Be proud of who you are. Don't ever be ashamed for being who you are. Good luck on your coming out 

12. Yeah I wouldn't bother "coming out", I mean it's not like as a straight guy I "came out straight" lol. Be yourself as long as you don't walk around rubbing people's face in it. Some will accept it, some won't, some won't care. If someone asks there's no reason to lie unless you're worried about your safety imo. & as someone else suggested the relationships you make in highschool aren't all that important so focus more on what you need for the future, like academic & physical education, rather than what you want to experience sexually until you are older. & also if your twin doesn't like it, too bad imo, family are only as good as their respect & support is, if he's not cool enough with it you're better off without him or anyone who treats your lifestyle with any kind of contempt.

13. Brother? :roll:

14. Did we all assume gender here? A twin could very well be a girl and aren't we supposed to NOT identify as well nowadays? :-\

15. when i was still active in the Marine Corps. had a few friends come out to us. nothing to be ashamed of. just be you. dont let others tell you how to run your life. there are quite alot of gay men and women defending this nation i call home. and they get treated just as any avg straight person. so find the time to tell the people you are close to. then more on from there. grant it you might get some hate since you are school still. but start with your friends if they dont know. and your family if they dont know. like i mentioned above take it from there. to be honest this isnt really the place to ask that. do to all the trolls and such. but hope everything works out for ya.

16. How insensitive of us we're sowwy wolfie & OP ...yeah lets make sure we know what we're talking about here ..is it an identical twin, fraternal, conjoined, conjoined parasitic, brother, sister? What ya got going on over there OP? :)



17. Here's a real answer:

Congrats on coming out. Understand people here will troll and post homophobic comments or inappropriate jokes. It's the internet.

Do as you want. Being gay shouldn't affect anything unless the affected are homophobic and still live in the early 1900s. Embrace yourself and enjoy life, don't worry about other people's opinions.

If your friends and etc reject you for coming out, find new friends. We're all human.

18. Nobody wants to give u advice on this just go to a relationship forum and put this in there m9

19. And yet people did give advice. So go troll elsewhere, yes?