College Football Is Better Than NFL

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wakebuster, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Then why are they paid more money?

2. Michigan Sucks.

3. Football players vs Rugby players in a nutshell

Football players:

-get paid millions
    -internationally known/admired
    -loved
    -watched by millions upon millions
    -one of the biggest businesses in the world
    -get to wear pads so they don't absolutely kill each other, just kill each other with pads

Rugby players:

-Who?

4. Getting paid large sums means nothing as far as sports are concerned, it doesn't make for better viewing if anything more drama queens. The game is only played in USA so it's not internationally loved ect. Maybe it's watched by such large numbers of us based viewers as apart from HBO your tv is mind numbing and boring. I'm not sure in what world NFL is one of the biggest businesses but I'm pre sure not this one. Even with padding your players wouldn't last in a real game like rugby as they are too soft.....enough said ur an idiot

5. @margaret

Allow which kind of tackling? Rugby or nfl?

6. The hits are more "hardcore" in College , the players are more unpredictable

7. @Narwhal .....I think union would be the most appropriate due to it's constant play, ie giving a proper test of endurance and all round athleticism

8. @Magaret

The reason Football has pads, is because players are allowed to use almost the full extent of their strength, while rugby only let's them use some of their strength and therefore limits the hit power.

You see, the thing about America is instead of having all around player teams, we instead have players with specialties. While other sports need players to be all around athletic, not just in one category.

That's why most international sports need players with good endurance and in football only some. As a lineman in football you don't need to learn how to run or throw. While in most international sports you do. Football tests how well you can play in your best spot, while rugby tests your all around athleticism.

9. In the NFL the teams and their players are set in stone once your in your in, kinda hard to get kicked out unless you choose to leave on your own, so it's pretty lay back for them they don't really have that "I want to WINNNN!!!!" Spirit, while college football everything isn't set in stone you have to play your best or else your ranking will go down and Someone will take that spot away from you instantly so its either win win win win win or just lose lose lose, that's why you see unbelievable plays more often in college football then NFL, my opinion of course

10. I'm sorry bud but the reason they have padding is they are soft and not conditioned like proper tanks. Sure NFL has certain 'athletes' that spend their entire career never touching the ball in a 'team sport ', let's be honest they are as useful and athletic as a blob of **** on my shoe....I was only using rugby as an example, you have long ass breaks and play stops ect for these supposed world class athletes to recover...kinda weak

11. 5000$ isn't that much a year

There's WAY more intensity imo

They flip over people and crazy stuff like that

If you like NFL

You'll LOOOVE college fb

Take it from me 

12. Rugby, is a running wrestling match mosh pit.

You rarely see American Football like tackles in rugby, but you will see high speed wrestling take downs.

13. Also, a large amount of NFL Defensive players play rugby. Mostly durning college to better their soft hits and take downs.

Rugby is taught to defensive players who are too into the big hits and kill shots because that sport forces you to wrap up your opponent and take them down.

Now all of the rugby elites calling American Football soft, just look at the hits and the speed of the collision in the NFL and college.

The down and distance and constant stop and go creates more room for a solid hit where as in rugby, it is basically soccer but you don't kick the ball your run and pass it to score.

14. football is better anyway, doesnt matter where its played

15. Would you ever see this in the NFL?

[​IMG]

16. They both suck compared to the lingerie league.

[​IMG]

17. Highly Agree in most respects but....

Players leave early n stay for four years.
    N worst of all the NCAA generates rude amounts of money on the backs n health of amateur football players. That alone is disgusting to the point its exploitation at the highest level in sport on the planet. The NCAA is the only FEUDAL body in existence n needs a smack in the head.

That said NCAA football is awesome n i agree better than NFL. Take away the hype from the NFL n it pales to college ball IMO

I also say March Madness makes the NBA look like garbage as well

18. Go Ducks!!!!!!!

19. Why do rugby fans get so insecure and butt hurt when it comes to football? I would like to see you try playing the game lol

Soft lol

20. Australian Rules Football is much better