Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. Awesome devs 

2. Meisha I understand it is happening and this isn't a suggestion or question thread I was simply bringing up some concerns I have about some of the issues that are bound to come up

3. Excellent, I've been wanting this a very long time

4. I wasn't directing it at you Foxtrot :) it was a general comment

5. If you guys can help spread some word that would be great. this starts in a a week so this will be a week grace period for people who may still not know there is a rule.

6. Interesting. Good luck Ace and Meisha, you'll need it :lol:

7. Another question: will this be enforced for say typical clan ads being run and then someone simply posting a comment such as "hey come check out what my clan is running?"

8. This is just another rule that might sound good for some, and bad for others. It's just about getting used to it; we can't pretend to receive all the time.

9. One thing I don't get is y there are so many clan ads in the first place cos if u need a particular eb just search for clan evens and if someone needs a clan they can just post on wc that they need one simple as
    The clans many as well turn the colourfulness and creativeness into the forum ads and no I'm not talking about the stupid 2 line wc ad the one that tells the information and history of the clan

10. Finally devs doing summit right Congrats steve from canteen

11. Should lower it too 3

12. Spam is considered same or similar posts. Yes that would be silenced because its still similar enough to actual ads

13. Best update in a long time :)

14. Love how it says "used to be" as in when a new post in wc every 5 minutes

15. I think devs saw my idea thread... or maybe they just listened to public :p

16. I have notified our clan and obviously all owners should do so as well. Posting "ad out" in CC will help but there are likely to be some major issues with folks not able to know whether others have posted ads.

Obviously one would assume that the very obvious WC clan spams will be the main targets and those are usually easy to tell. Pretty clearly some admin says they need ads out and all of a sudden 6 members each post 3 ads at the same time filling WC completely.

However, given the likelihood of increased silences that this will create, and given the nature of these silences versus foul language or something bad, my only thought would be that silences handed out for clan spam not go on the "3 silences and you are perm silenced" ledger.

I don't spend much time talking in WC but I would be seriously unhappy about a perm silence simply because I ran clan ads a couple times after someone else did.

17. Surely it'd be much better just to implement another chat channel for ads only. Any person posting ads that appeared on world chat would be silenced, or given one warning before a silence the next time they posted.

18. It's been suggested several times and for whatever reason it can't / won't happen. Not any time soon anyway.

19. First off if they are trying to create conversations in WC again we will need more speakers, face it you cant get a real conversation going with only 5 speakers unless u save and use thwm all. But then its back to saving for a few more days. To start real and meaningful conversations we need more speakers daily say 10-15 but make a max posting limit per person per day so all dont go towards ads.

20. finally no more spam of clan ads