CHAOS WARS - Week 1: Skirmishes and Encounters

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. 50 v 50 wars are just to please zaft will never work

2. LOVED 10 man wars!!!! FULL SUPPORT . It gives so many other clans a shot at warring. 

3. 10 man wars were great. Can't wait to see 50 man war.

4. Devs it's really hard to find 50 people in that many hours, it's easy to get 29 but 50 CMON! Devs kind of a terrible idea for a 50 vs. 50 war.

5. I like it!! Thank you for mixing it up!. I have been asking since before season 1; please please let owners/admins kick leaks halfway through wars. Leaks cost wars; and if we can kick the leaks that would help out a lot!! This would also make it so the leakers cannot gain undeserved rewards, EE, mith. We had 2 leaks last night that both received EE and 1 even got mith; how fair is that??? If we kicked them for leaking during war they would not receive either, as it should be.

6. Im looking for a spot in one of these 50 wars..
    The 6pm est one Sounds good.

Wall me if your clan is close to having enough.
    I have a war records if needed.

7. Love that gif Cm lol

8. I agree, 10 man wars great idea....50 ehhh not so much...not seeing the reasoning behind it when you had far too few clans warring at 29

Promote the dev that had the 10 man idea, fire the 50 

9. 50 on 50 is crazy 10v 10 is way more fun in my opinion. Get to put together an elite team.

10. @ Kaw_Admin

Obviously as we all know now the matching system is flawed and from the looks of things early on is not going to change no matter how much negative feedback is given or suggestions on what parts need fixing.

So my question is as I'm sure the vast majority of the kaw community would like to know is.

To best set our respective clans up to avoid the no matches and dreaded mis matches that are so prevalent under this system. What or how can we curtail our rosters builds and bfe to ensure more and better matches?

How much emphasis is placed on bfe/bfa/cs in the matching equation? ie bfe accounts for X% bfa Y% and cs Z% in figuring out hit ratio and best possible matches.

You've been extremely vague on this and much to the frustration of the player base. I don't think it's an unreasonable request. It will help out many clans and hopefully get more clans to war or at least allow them the chance for better matches. There in part discouraging less people from participating. Everyone obviously wants to win but we understand can win them all. I don't mind losing tho it sucks but I do mind not having a chance and wasting hrs bashing my head against a brick wall or a clan full of gh that are dts to the majority of clan and take 2-3x the plunder they give compared to the rest. Which I've faced in various other clans through out this season. So please help us the players and paying consumers fill your back accounts and give us more info on how we can build our rosters so we can all enjoy the camaraderie of war.

11. For huge chaos wars like these 50+ wars, why not do something similar to all star wars and just have people sign up and then randomly put people into dev made clans that balance as close as possible. That would be chaos!

12. Also, I agree with zildjian that leaks should be able to be kicked during war. I'd rather war short players than have inactives.

13. Please all. Stop complaining 50 vs 50 was a bad idea since it wasn't. I remember a time where u had to challenge clans yourself to do wars... Those were 100 vs 100...but then again... We lived in a time where man played this game instead of boys

14. I am almost certain big changes are coming. Cannot expect devs to implement everything immediately just at a click of their fingers.

It takes time to test and retest etc. I expect the following before season 3 commences:

1/. Removal of VP
    2/. A fix to GH mechs
    3/. Discontinuation of ASW
    4/. Better reward for winning clans
    5/. A fix of some kind to PS clans
    6/. A change in roster numbers each war
    7/. Potential addition of 3 hr wars
    8/. A tighter match algorithm

Those that are pissy about wars there is a simple solution.....don't do them.

Just my thoughts

Happy kawing

15. Thanks, you've crafted a well written inquiry. It deserves a reply.

1. Who said we aren't going to change the matchup the algorithm?
    2. We've actually answered this question many times. We create a match score by comparing a clans CS, BFE and BFA. We then use our DTW/DTS to determine how many people can hit each other on each side. If more 20% of one side can't hit the other side, we get a no-match, even if the match score is good.
    3. Yes we are vague about it. We have a lot reasons for being vague, and unfortunately we have to be vague about those reason too.

16. We haven't confirmed anything but here are my thoughts as well.

1/. Removal of VP -> for losers, we are considering it. People are tired after a war, or some exploit this.
    2/. A fix to GH mechs -> yup
    3/. Discontinuation of ASW -> nope
    4/. Better reward for winning clans -> for sure
    5/. A fix of some kind to PS clans
    6/. A change in roster numbers each war -> depends how they go in pre-season, I don't think 50:50 though
    7/. Potential addition of 3 hr wars -> Do you want this?
    8/. A tighter match algorithm -> Always tinkering between seasons.

17. @kaw_admin

The past 3-4 wars I been in I had 0 targets to hit due to dts/dtw. Please fix.

18. .. Don't remove the vanished paladins for losers kaw admin. :(

That is the best way to prepare for the next war and a good incentive to do so.

19. @CM, if u become a GHT u are more likely to be able to find targets. I can hit a lot of ppl with my build even though sucky BFA.