Chaos Wars - Wednesday Dec 11th

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Dec 10, 2013.

1. 3 AM sgt wars please? 5 AM gets a lot early for many of us in alliance. Other times, cant find full roster. 3Am was best time. :cry:

2. Devs your best wars are the ten man wars because it brings in more participants and therefore more clans to be matched. If you have more clans, the more likely a better matchup is to be made

3. agreed, wanted some 10 peeps wars to run in clan this week

4. 7pm AEDT isn't an ideal war time for Australians.. I think 8 to 10pm AEDT is better.

5. Devs, are you working on fixing the LB stacking? It seems to me this was the loudest complaint last season but all I see is you chasing the fluff.

Many clans tried to play it straight, but it became clear mid season if you didn't play the stacking BS, you were going to get screwed every war.

If I don't war, I won't play. If there aren't real improvements, not just window dressing, I'll not be participating in Season 3.

6. BFA, BFE and CS

7. If BFA is indeed factored, it is curious that it can still be so easily circumvented simply by dumping hundreds of billions of gold by shedding allies prior to matchup, and buying back post-matchup. This clearly creates a vastly imbalanced roster for clans with the funds to take such a path. You might as well go back to letting clans unequip prior to match thus hiding their BFE only to put it on again after match. Same concept, different rules. Pretty incongruous response from devs.

Having said that, I don't really care how clans angle to win. We all do it. But if you are going to claim BFA is part of the process, make it believable.

8. Can we have 1am GMT war again please? Otherwise no weekday wars for me :(

9. Also I really enjoyed the 10v10 wars, they got more people warring at had more even match-ups, I hope to see more of them soon :)

10. And had* oops

11. Love the 10pm est slot

12. Why are there no more good times for gmt time zones? 2pm amd everyone isnat work... 9 pm and some are already going to sleep. Why not 7pm again. This was a good time to war for us. Pls reply

13. Since u locked the thread .... Please don't make the same mistake u made season 2 by releasing new tiers durning the season

Every part of ur matchup algorithm depends on some kinda number stability in kaw to work properly

U screwed up season 2 and took till the end to self regulate and fix itself just hold it till after the season please for the sake of all ur trying to do to increase participation in ee

14. nopecwar 4 sucks for sgt players who have jobs. Notice was too late for me to rearrange life to be home for war 1. I hope everyone has fun.

15. kaw_admin: can we start getting again some feedback on what clans signed up and what are the reasons for no-match?

Also before season 2 you posted the high level logic flow of the matching process and there was step 1 where "odd man" was determined 1st based on how many clans signed up. Multiple players posted followups that this should not be the 1st step and you have agreed that this need to be changed...

Q. Is there still risk if you sign your clan in the last moment that you might get no-match just because you are the last odd clan signing up?

16. Yes. Odd man out still works this way. The last clan to sign up in the case of an odd number of clans is odd man out.

17. Isn't that eliminating potentially viable matching candidate way too early? Imagine that the 2nd clan that signed up was way too weak (or too strong) and can't be matched with any of the other clans; i.e. it will be eliminated later by the matching results. By taking out first the last odd signup clan you miss the chance to match them with someone and later you'll need to eliminate one more clan to keep the even clan number.

Better logical order will be:
    1st to sort all signed up clans on strength using your algorithm;
    2nd to eliminate outliers (too weak/too strong) until you have even number of clans and pair them up.

BTW I think that was the conclusion that KaW-munity came up during the pre-Season 2 discussions

18. why the change?

19. Hi KaW Admin,

As there are more people avalaible for war for war 2 and 3 times (basically Europe and then America evenings) whilst fewer people for war 1 and 4, maybe we could have rosters of 10 for war 1

20. Any wars tomorow??? when are they going to be posted