Changes to plunder

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Ok I give up on that word lol

Let's say compile the data instead

2. Lol... It is the attack eq that unbalances it. Tbh until I crunched numbers with allies, I didn't see it.

I also think there is a luck factor too, giving people the chance.

If you retire, who else is going to get the concept of optics and fight over it????



3. This update is no good
    I am discouraged from nobbing
    If the game continues to cater to new players then i will be quitting
    Perhaps this is part of a plan to kill off older players and pave way for new generation of players
    I still dont like it

4. My parents did that when I was little. Kinda sweet but not real world. My numbers just don't add up.

Ahhhh I'd miss the optics debate 

5. Quote wars too ;)

Cheers!

6. I'm not usually one to post in these forums either.

If it was the intention of KaW Admin / ATA to alienate the entire LB population (who by definition must be your biggest customers) then great job.

I honestly can't believe that was your intention so please review the full impact of this and reverse it otherwise KaW will become populated by nothing but Guild Hansels who will have max BFE and won't care about BFA.

In future, to avoid such poorly thought through ideas then please post prospective changes and you will get genuine comments allowing you to tweak your "improvements" and implement them with general support.

Won't comment on the specifics as that's being done concisely by numerous ppl above.

7. Devs could you please comment on this thread.

8. Aside from the obvious changes to warring system etc. this update also seems to have largely affected the high priced ally market, which is devastating for traders who dont war as well as do. Players are now seeking to get rid of high priced and high stats allies to those on the LB, whom would not be affected largely by this change because they are so big.

Unfortunately, for the little guy, this update presents a very negative approach to the ally market. The high priced allies for a small player with less than a trillion gold to flow with through the market, a high cost well priced ally is seemingly out of reach, because said LB'ers a) have a monopoly on the market for those who do not come by such large sums of gold easily and b) they will never sell and they wont make a profit, let alone if they are warring and now paying out that much more to others.

It has been shown that Os-Nckz cannot find a place to war because he is big and skews the match-ups much higher and stronger. This is unfortunately going to happen again, but for more players who could not get rid of their allies in order to war, unless the whole clan stays the same, and are grouped together with others that are also in a similar position.

Ally trading is the best method for any player to make gold without spending a significant sum of money, and from what I have seen this has affected the market in a way that effectively neuters this for many players that are already well invested into higher price ranges, and cannot liquefy their assets because no one will hire those allies, and then be in the same position as they were a moment ago.

I sincerely hope this change is reconsidered. Now it makes no sense, as said before, to have any kind of large BFA unless it is so large you are practically untouchable. Players around will make so much gold off you, and you make peanuts in comparison when attacking the other way, that it makes the most sense for everyone to be sitting around with only max plunder allies if warring.

I raise the issue of allies here, because players are known for attacking when having allies hired, which as ridiculous as it is, means that they can make a lot of gold because their true strength was not factored into the equation, but rather a strength that is much less prevalent in today's gameplay which has been severely overcompensated for.

9. Hey everyone,

Just an update on the situation. We are currently evaluating this change, along with some future adjustments, and will have a response to all of your concerns within the next 48 hours. Our apologies for the delay.

10. Thanks devs we appreciate the response.

11. Aww. I was enjoying the cash.

12. Thank you devs! Finally!

13. Thank you, devs, for taking our major concerns into account. We eagerly await your decisions.

14. Still don't see negative but whatevs

15. I don't think they took all of the concerns only realized they will lose a lot of people if they kept the change in place, tbh I know more than a handful already quit, others sitting the fence and others like myself refuse to spend any more hard earned money on this game no point anymore

16. Yeah we recently fought a clan with 7 guild hansels and a lot of smaller builds. The devs in there infinite wisdom gave them a three man advantage. Because they were smaller. Never mind with plunder mechanics smaller builds already have a huge advantage they felt they needed more. They should do a test war with rising hawks and one of the highest bfa clans and they could see how unbalanced there plunder system is. They have made it counter productive to grow and war. Not quite sure why you would cut off the hand that feeds you but they sure have. It shouldn't be that hard to balance the plunder but it appears the devs are clueless. I just hope they fix this huge imbalance and make wars about teamwork and strategy and not about builds

17. my insight of this update:
    1/ first reaction: yohooo, finally ghansels exploid removed
    2/ my second reaction: damm, damm and damm

my plunder against smaller ppl totally drop ... in wars I get max 40 mil / hit; ony if hit top 10 then hits as before up ..... so not good for me;
    all my open farms useless now ... I think the same problem have all bigger ppl