Calling all ATA players: help us beta-test our newest game!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have signed up to be a beta tester!

2. Signed up as well.

For those asking what benefits they get for signing up you need to understand how awesome beta testing is. It's good fun and although progress is usually reset at launch you have a huge knowledge advantage over others.

3. Signed up support to help ata

4. I love beta testing, is this available to iOS users as well?

5. So ATA killed off Gangs at war where I was number 1 overall to just bring back a similar version. Why not just reopen Gaw?

6. Each game is a project to them. The games have a life cycle and a period where they can make peak profits.

SMASH is slowly dying out. Barely a few hundred login after their last overhaul of the game. SMASH was supposed to be their next big ticket but bad Dev decisions have almost killed that game off. They have 2-3 posts on their forums a day on average lately.

They've stopped updating Meego.
    While KaW and PiMD are the best ATA has right now, they will continue their downward spiral of an eroding player base due to their outdated game play/graphics and app age/player boredom.

So they need new games/projects to keep the wheels turning at ATA. That is what this is. KaW and PiMD provide them with seed money to invest in new games/projects while at the same time KaW and PiMD require relatively lesser upkeep to keep the funds flowing whilst they work on what they hope to be their next big cash cow.

They had a winning formula with SMASH, but about 8 months ago they decided to overhaul the game and 80%+ of the player base left after that. It's a ghost town there now. Just how ATA has a company operates.

7. If only you would quit with these side projects that keep failing (lmao meego) and put some effort into this game for once.

8. What the heck. Let's see what they got

9. Only that wouldn't be wise from a company PoV Terra.

KaW turns 8 in a few months. That's ancient in app years, they need something new to make sure ATA can still rake in money when KaW slows down beyond sustainable parameters.

KaW cannot be their future. If ATA wants to survive as a company they need to churn out a meal ticket of a game with graphics to match what players expect in 2017.
    They could give KaW a graphic overhaul and other changes, but that would be super risky and could go either way, risks like that aren't something ATA would take.

10. Totally agree, if they applied graphic design to Kaw and pimd would make it more interesting. Now I just log on to unload and don't desire in app purchases.

I always see requests to improve the games but instead they introduce promo or enhancements that require financial obligation. Servers not adequate for amount of player base causing poor quality and lag

11. Kaw already has been packed with a ton of features. To ask for more outside of what we have would require them to rewrite the entire game.

I think KaW will always be around regardless of player base because it's ATA's flagship game that made a name for them.

Edit:

I really agree with what others have said that ATA needs to keep the wheels turning in order to be relevant.

12. Hoping to be picked for beta  fingers crossed

13. This explains so much

14. Will this be another free to play game
    Or are your intentions to bleed your player base dry?

15. Well, the blood will wash away within the underwater kingdom

16. A kraken is not a sea creature. It is a myth.

17. KaW is a fantasy game too. Look at its buildings

18. We don't update Meego as much anymore, but SMASH is still getting updates and has lots of players.

19. Nope, separate teams.

20. I've seen this a couple times on this thread so...

Please keep in mind that we are a games company. We like making new games because we try to take the things we learn and apply them to new ideas. The technology has also improved dramatically over the last couple of years and we want to leverage that into new experiences.

But this doesn't mean we aren't working on KAW. In fact one of the things that has amazed us is just how long KAW has kept you all engaged. Because KAW players are still so into the game, we're putting more resources into KAW over the coming months, so expect to see some new features and new faces.

Hope this helps give some context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.