Bullying "can be good for children"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devouring, May 11, 2015.

1. How is the attempt if mass genocide of an entire people relevant to bullying? Quite a stretch. That's a huge psychological disorder. The holocaust card really isn't that relevant in this debate.

2. Tell that to frog. He knows I'm right. Instead he bring poor people who suffered at the hands of evil.

3. Did you stand up for yourself or did you just let them do that to you.

4. Devouring, you quoted a website that denied the H, as support for your arguments. You have no moral authority to take the side of the "poor people who suffered at the hands of evil."

5. Sorry posted wrong website. Was reading that. But switched it to the right website.

As cal said, being picked on builds character. If you never experienced being bullied than I kind of feel sorry for you because you aren't fully prepared in the real world.

6. Wow devoting you're a bigger idiot that I thought. Didn't think you'd have the mcnuggets to show your face after your posted a link to a bogus website.

What I am saying, is that there many occasions where a person is incapable of " standing up for themselves" as you put it. Only a moron would say that violently attacking someone is somehow good.

7. Being bullied prepares you for the real world? No. You don't need to be physically or mentally harmed so that you can be, what you say, "prepared."

Does it build character? To a certain extent. But you don't need to be abused to build character.

If anything, you're just making the bullies feel righteous in what they're doing.

8. Give it up OP. Frog has owned your ass in this debate. Nothing you have said in reply changes the big logic holes in your thread.

Frog 1. Devouring 0

9. Another idiot who doesn't understand. Sure it is relative if you read the statement.

10. I don't know why frog wants to own my butt. But he can Have it.

"Our children’s first bullying experiences are rarely their last. Even as adults we have to deal with bullies, sometimes in relationships, sometimes at work, and let’s not forget world leaders. Those early experiences can give our kids the tools they need to handle the more sophisticated bullies that they will likely encounter later in life."

Here is a link: http://www.wendynaarup.com/blog/three-r ... ldren/430/

Being a bully may be good for your health, study finds:
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/12/57107 ... our-health

11. That's why you went back and forth with him :roll:

12. Black-Dragon: :eek: That's not a joke. People that where victims to bullies actually went on rampage killing people. I understand that bullying is bad, but when your bullied you need to do something about it. Instead of "killing" because it won't do you or the bully any good.

13. According to statistics, 100% of bullies and their victims usually die

14. Yes. Everyone dies someday. But hopefully not in the hands of the bully or victim.

15. But Devouring, that is almost exactly what you are advocating.

Some people consider standing up to bullies in different ways. For example, in that example, the little girl in the picture stood up and fought back by torching the bully's home (ostensibly).

(And changing the website does not condone or change your actions. Further, neither website actually support your position that standing up to a bully accomplished anything in that instance).

16. KingCalm: Follow back please. Thank you. The Standing up that I'm using dose not call for you to kill someone. Standing up for yourself means not letting people take advantage of you. Some people use this phrase as an excuse to be nasty to others, this is not its true meaning. If somebody wanted to take something from you you would say no, thats standing up for yourself, same if somebody attacked you or tried to push in line.

17. I'm an idiot because I can understand the huge gap between name calling and mass genocide? Lmao OK. Ethnic purging and playground fights are very two different things.

18. Devouring your only argument is for people to fight back.
    As said last year whatever. Society needs to change its acceptance of bullying.
    People like you need to learn its assault. And schools need to protect the children in their care.
    It's never acceptable, the thousands that commit suicide each year as a result of being bullied shows how alarmingly widespread the abuse and acceptance of it is.
    Should the victims of just toughened up?
    No they should never of being bullied to start with. Piss poor parents and teachers should of prevented it.
    Time to grow up which you have proven from the last time you posted this, that your views are just as poorly conceived now as they were then.
    And please as I said earlier. Think of a new topic rather than rehashing the same old nonsense to boost your ego.