Building tokens

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by eldredthegold, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Would be a nice addition to the marketplace if we could sell lower level building tokens to be used for higher level tokens.
    For example:
    Sell 100,000 abyssal tokens and buy 500 deepmine tokens.
    Sure devs would/ could ? be able to come up w a “fair” price for the exchange.

codysteez, D3AD1NS1D3 and Thrawn like this.
  2. This has been brought up before. Don’t see this working

3. I've looked at hard numbers one what would be "fair" exchange rates (e.g. can't abuse one land type of tokens to make a higher profit by converting to other land types). The trade up value gets SO small if you're more than one land away.

The only truly "fair" way to economize swapping tokens for other types is to do it at the worst value rate possible (e.g. the lowest potential gold value of the original token compared to the highest potential gold value of the target token). Those numbers are, frankly and without redoing the math, bad.

Yes, I want to do something with my accumulating hundreds of thousands of spare land tokens that isn't "change my build on a whim," but that's driven more by the urge to have less stuff on my profile page than it is to get a usable profit out of it.

4. Turns out I'm bored, so I'll post numbers.

These assume WORST CASE conversion factors (i.e. trading at the lowest value of the starting token, compared to the highest value of the target token) and are all rounded up to the nearest whole number.

5 hl to 1 hf
    16 hf to 1 abyss
    17 ab to 1 Osman
    87 os to 1 dm
    342 dm to 1 fs
    55 fs to 1 pm

And here's how many of each type it would then take to make 1 fatesands token:
    40,465,440 hl
    8,093,088 hf
    505,818 ab
    29,754 os
    342 dm

For comparison's sake, here're the same numbers, but calculated using only the highest per-token values for each land type:

4 hl to 1 hf
    2 hf to 1 abyss
    4 ab to 1 Osman
    24 os to 1 dm
    39 dm to 1 fs
    8 fs to 1 pm

To make 1 fs token, it would take...
    29,992 hl
    7,488 hf
    3,744 ab
    936 os
    39 dm
    And then 8 fs tokens per pm token. That wouldn't be so bad, honestly.

I'd realistically expect some value between those extremes, if devs were ever going to add such an exchange. But that's QUITE a range, and the bad end of it is barely worth implementing an exchange in the first place.

5. Sorry, at this point I'm just on a roll. My current stock of 28k hl, 41k hf, 136k abyss, 93k os, 11k dm, and 116 fs would net me...

At the worst rate, 35 additional fs tokens! Or just under 3 pm tokens, including my existing fs tokens (less than 1 pm token from trading up all my non fs).

At the best rate, that jumps up to 426 additional fs tokens, or 53 pm tokens! Not quite a lv8 upgrade, but close. But also, not a lot of reward from a big update to the store.

6. Thank you Thrawn for crunching numbers. Yes, you were on a roll. I would agree the devs would end up splitting the range. Not sure for them There is any real reward. Just to help us clean up clutter and to help upgrading a few buildings slightly quicker.

7. This idea has probably already been brought up, but selling the excess plates for tokens at a discounted rate in comparison to purchase maybe a more valid approach. Using the same amount of plates to convert(100 or 10) Just returning a percentage of the original TT so the rewards that are given in lower events are worthless.

Inversely, if there was a way to trigger showing a land that is fully upgraded and allow for a switch to TT instead of specific plates for rewards that'd be cool