Baltimore is Burning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by heeeeeeeeeres_BUCKEYE, Apr 29, 2015.

1. In the aftermath of the Freddie Gray incident in which a young (I think 25 year old) African American man with an extensive criminal record was killed due to some sort of mysterious police negligence (Spinal cord was severed between being arrested in the back of a police van and when they reached a destination, followed by revelations that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt), many youth of mostly African American background have taken to the streets where 150 cars have burned, at least 20 police officers have been wounded and over 250 arrests have occurred.

Although this police force happens to be mostly minority, this has not stopped rioters from causing massive destruction. Are they justified? What causes such disdain among citizens of a city that has seen over 40 years of Leftist rule?

Today, as has become a sad custom, we see the horrible results of Democrat infighting.

What is the Kawmunity's thoughts on this matter?

~As protesters left the burning CVS with armfuls of stolen merchandise, they could be heard softly uttering "Free at last, Free at last, thank God almighty, we're free at last..."~

2. Agree with the anarchy but not their message. Black people kill black people daily... But when a white kills one everybody goes crazy. It bothers me.

3. I bet that if the same thing happened to a white resident in Baltimore, the riots would never have gotten that big.

Whenever an African American gets hurt or dies in police custody, people always pull out the racist card.

(Tried my best to make my post politically correct.)

4. My opinion?

I don't think Obama or Hilary should be allowed to be president.

6. They wouldn't have happened, it would have barely made the local news.

7. This is a good opinion, in my opinion.

8. Don't allow the few to take away all the hard work the 6 days of peaceful protests did.

9. Open Carry law would stop all these idiots from looting and destroying stuff.

10. Amen

12. Ok.

13. :lol:

14. It is definitely a tragedy that Freddie Gray died in police custody. But this rioting is out of control and completely uncalled for. What does burning things, looting stores, and basically pillaging have to do with what happened to Freddie Gray? Nothing. This rioting only makes things worse and doesn't help their case one bit. This isn't the first time thugs have taken advantage of an incident like this, let us recall upon Ferguson. Now this of course, is way worse. But both cases are unjust.

Everyone involved in these riots should be arrested immediately with any means necessary. This has gone on too long, and I'm tired of it. There is absolutely no sense in it. They are causing way more damage rather than trying to fix things. Police brutality is one thing wrong with this country, but the way people respond and act is also another huge thing wrong with this country.

15. But... #BlackLivesMatter?

16. All lives matter, to confine that hashtag to one race is being selfish and rather racist. #LivesMatter
    Ah, now that's much better

17. BadRobot that is spot on. 

19. Let's burn 'murica' to the ground

20. Let see here ummm Baltimore looks like another war zone...again with the racist card oh yay more riots /endsarcasm