Attack vs Spy and Hybrid builds in promos

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by IA-CrazyRuggy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. I've heard that mentioned a few times also, Rasta. But I haven't been able to participate in these PvP events so I couldn't comment either way.

2. I haven't paid a great deal of attention to what HTE drops, Cirus. But the same 'algorithm' I assumed is used so it would happen there also. It should be made fair. If they're gunna have a promo every week, give a fair go for all (yes I know HTE always do better, not my point ).

3. Most the lb in PvP is attack builds so I don't think that's true

4. Grizzy, just because spy builds aren't on LB doesn't mean they don't get better drops. I dunno if they do or don't, but position on LB doesn't necessarily mean they don't. It just means they didn't participate to the extent of others.

5. That jus run xtals on osf alts I'm sure, doing it the intended way tho.....

6. My main point is fairness across builds. Make it activity based.

7. It shouldn't be addressed. Att and hybrid all have their advantages. It could be to do with anything. Maybe towers affect it? Maybe $ per action does. Maybe it's completely random amounts within a defined number of actions of plunder.
    All builds have their advantages and disadvantages.

8. Also- my attack build alt managed 2.5k. Without much difficulty and I didn't see much of a difference in drops.

9. I can see a difference, and I'm not the only one. Why shouldn't it be addressed? Why shouldn't the drops be based solely on activity? Build type shouldn't play as big a part as it does. I've seen the difference with accounts in my clan and my own accounts. Look at histories. More often than not, the spikes in drops are spy and hybrids.
    Promos aren't about build type. It's not about whether builds have advantages or disadvantages. I'm looking at fairness for players.

10. Traditional hansels fare way better then other builds. I have hansel mech but notice I don't get the same advantage.

11. I know hansels tend to make more gold and all that. But that isn't my point. I'm not referencing other mechanics of the game. I'm talking about promos. Call it what you will, but promos aren't about build types (Each build obviously have advantages and disadvantages in PvP event, but again, not my point). So why should it play the part it does? Get players to be active.

12. My atk build alt gets 34 event items for 1 unload on destroyer and my spy build alt, same size, gets 66 for 1 unload

So yes atk builds are screwed in events

13. I agree with what was said earlier it is due to the spy actions doing more Dmg over all i believe even an attack build with dbl stats of the spy build is doing more dmg over all. But if u was Attack build and u skim u can actually make very similar to hansel builds n many of the eb's pure unloads as Attack build makes u lose gold n an epic.

14. I have skimmed. Several times. It hasn't made any noticeable difference. And it's not like attack builds can be expected to skim every single eb just to make what a spy build does by unloading. Promos have nothing to do with damage on ebs. It has nothing to do with whether I'm hansel, attack or hybrid or whatever. It should be based on activity. Why should a spy build get better rewards than an attack build if they're less active? There's not much incentive to participate when you're disadvantaged right from the beginning.

15. The imbalance is significant and unfair, I calculate spy builds make 60-70% more items for the same number of hits and this hasn't changed for the last 6-7 promos. And it's definitely not as simple as the average damage of hits. For similarly active accounts I always hear "aiming for 2,500, should just make it" from attack builds and "aiming for 5,000, should just make it" from spy builds.

Given the banners and BBs which are now part of the rewards it represents a significant advantage to hansels. Because of this unfair imbalance I don't pay any attention to these hansel events.

16. Thank you, Meh. My point exactly. I only made 2.5k in 2/5. Not surprisingly, being able to hit a few extra HTE is what made the difference. In discussions with other clan members, they made 2.5k with ease, they barely had to leave the clan to hunt. Unlike me and others who hunted and still couldn't quite reach it. It should be fixed.

17. Op that has always been the case with events. Even with amount of plunder earned on an EB spy/hybrid typically earn more overall versus attack builds.

18. Like I said earlier, I've noticed it most the last few promos. Also like I said earlier, I'm not interested in other game mechs. There should be fairness in promos. I thought that it was pretty logical that in an event that involves collecting things that being active would be all that counted. Excluding HTE.

19. Wrong a spy build who uses 3 xtals will make 78-80 items drops but if it just regular hitting and 4 hrs later it will still only be 50 or so

20. Spy builds always have better drops.In my clan hansels smaller than me get more drops.The difference is more in ebs like SS.