ASW Inactive List - Uncalled for

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Soy_Doll, Sep 26, 2012.

1. I think the inactive list is a good thing (look at the final... I'm on it, before you judge).

There are a lot of freeloaders who jump in for personal glory. There were a lot of names that I know who were not there. A good few of them had applied and deserved a place before me, inactive or not.

If anything, the list will encourage more hitting of other players.

My news is quite empty though. Maybe some of the people shouting "farm list!" don't actually have the courage to follow through.

My clan admins for asw know what happened with me, they know why I am on the list. I would be interested to know what algorithm the devs used to create it though.

I still await my news to be filled by those who have an issue with my participation, but beware; my losses are still on my wall so feel free to check how inactive an inactive participant can be before you try...

2. Totally agree with Ashvar.

Just a response to Frogs comments about leaks.
    Maybe you should expect leaks in any normal 24hr swar but I don't think for one second you should expect leaks on the scale of this ASW.

The biggest event in KaW shouldn't be awash with inactives, in my opinion that list is seriously lacking, there should be a lot more added to it.
    I would love to know exactly how the inactives were selected, but the Devs will never tell us of their methods.

I'm not butt hurt, it's just a kick in the teeth to those of us that hit from pin for the full duration, not giving away a single gold.

The comment that the reason for us lashing out at the Devs and inactives because we were pooled together and out of our home clans doesn't hold true to me either, since I don't have a home clan, I'm simply laying blame where it's due, on the inactive.
    Only mistake the Devs made was Admin privileges in the first round.

The huge amount of inactive is disgraceful, look at the difference between War and Doom in the final. The ASW should be for players who want to war, not join for achievements, then head on to bed and sod his teammates.

3. I generally agree with the OP, and I think the Frog has the right idea as well.

@Panic

You expect no one to leak in an ASW with 200 people on both sides. Seriously? You expect 200 people to keep perfectly pinned for 8 hours straight? Hate to break it to you but unless someone goes open there would be no one open in the war. 8 hours of turtling. That sounds like fun.
    Btw the EB was not awash with inactives. If only 10% of the players were inactive that will still add up to 20 players. I don't see those kind of numbers.

@ Ashvar
    Not compensating people who did nothing in a war is not the same as posting their names in the forums to same them. This is what the OP is talking about. Don't compensate them but don't make a list about them either. If the goal is to indeed shame them, then the list is unfair. IN the finals death kicked out about 25% of its members. Why are they not listed on the wall with the inactives to shame as well?

Also top 5000 is an unfair idea. If you limit it to the top 5000 you are basically saying no one who has not been in kaw for over two years or is not superrich can join, since your LB ranking is primarily based on actions, not your build. It is also naive to assume all top players are great, and all bottom players are noobs. I have a top 200 account and two others that rank in the 6000 level. If I decided to join with one of these alts, would I suddenly be a noob? Also many accounts get bought and sold in this game. I know a noob who recently bought at top 200 account and had no idea what he was doing. However your system would have no problem with that. A year ago if you were t4 HLBC you were probably top 6000 at least. Now you wouldn't even be ranked. It is only natural to expand the rosters as more and more players grow big.

I say refrain from giving prizes but keep names out of it unless you are willing the plaster the name of those who were kicked in the forums as well.

4. The inactives should be humiliated and farmed

5. The_Philosopher

I could not disagree more.

I think the list is based on a very simple 'algorithm' - it shows those people who had no successful actions at all throughout the war whether they were kicked or not and who were in war for a certain amount of time.

That to me is a pretty impressive failure. This still leaves a bunch of people who arrived at 3:00am my time, 1 hour before the war ended and I was running on caffeine fumes, nice and fresh asking why the got stripped or why they needed to pin. Those are unacceptable. Those are the people who are getting farmed, etc.

I also think BallBuster has it 150% right. With a very few exceptions (people getting hurt, real emergencies) these were just EB Rockstars and badge-chasers.
    That list would be much, much longer.
    They showed no respect for the event, they showed no respect for the people who stayed awake all night, they showed no respect for those who wanted to war.
    Now they are getting some hits as retribution, big deal. They are not loosing real money and most of them are whining because they never got hit before. And i'll tell you if someone resets after 2 days of being pinned, well that's a pretty low pain threshold.

6. Ashvar

I don't think anyone is talking about taking away your right to farm ppl. Farm away, dude. But do you really need to get the devs involved to do that?

7. The list was an epic win on the devs part. So many people disgraced the ASW. Shameful

8. I agree with sniperspy on page 1 and they had the option to leave clan if something in real life came up but didn't because they wanted the reward for sleeping. And my clan lost the semi final because of inactive and would have won if we didn't have so many inactive.

9. Where is this list at?

10. It appears to have been deleted. I can point you in one direction:

Final
    Harbingers of war - Os-Macabre

11. If you have to go inactive, pm an admin in your clan and say "put keep me pinned on CA" should be all you need to say.