Apple VS FBI

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Feb 18, 2016.

1.  good idea. My next journal entry will be:

I wanna cut vlad's heart out of his chest 

2. And feed it to the dogs.

3. You're really a good guy, Vlad. We need more blokes like you around. Thanks for entertaining my "radical" mind 

4. On a serious note... i like how things works on this matter in my country. Police or secret services can start technical surveillance of an individual only after a court order. And that request must be justified. Unlike FBI/Apple love affair, in my country secret services can't get any data about me from my network provider.

5. Now that, I can get on board with!

6. But in this case FBI went to Apple and was something like that

-Hey Apple!
    -Hey FBI! Fancy a coffee?
    -Sure! Why not!
    -Well what can I do for you?
    -I need access to iCloud backups of some guys.
    - Sure! Help yourself! But finish your coffee first!

7. How did this thread achieve 25 pages?

8. Moose used his powers to keep it rolling.

9. Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both.

10. Yes as this would create much needed jobs and boost the economy. The person watching you has someone watch them and so on, full employment for the world. :) great times ahead.

Also on your phone title a document "thoughts of an angry man" give the first page of to an explanation of the book you are writing. Change names to protect the innocent and what not. You have your freedom back

11. Government jobs arn't exactly a boost to the economy. Granted there are cases of productive government jobs, but this isn't one.

12. Basically the FBI arent techno savy enough to realise you either have an exposable iPhone that EVERYONE that is ANYONE will get hacked or or or (seal impression aside) you have an iPhone that nobody can get into.

They're not hypocrites for selling on information because the information is still "safe" like if a company then resold the information to other companies that'd be a misuse of information/privacy.

Whereas allowing what is quite simply a back door to ANY iPhone would mean that getting a hold of that programme would be any a lot of bad people's minds. Especially the concept of being able to access iPhones remotely too. Imagine that kind of power of being able to access literally every iPhone in the world?

And i dont just mean the press although the press would be a large part of it. I mean sure the press probably wouldnt get a hold of it but if anyone did it could be disastrous.

What's worse is people wouldn't even need to have the apple specific programme- they could make their own and get into people's phones that way.

All and all im against it. I can understand that in some rare occasions like this one it would be a good thing to have but the problems outweigh the strengths in my opinion.

13. It's rare for me to use this as a valid argument for stuff but like just because one person says something like "oh i want to murder my neighbours" to a friend doesn't meam they should be monitored. Like everyone should have the right to express them self even if their views or thoughts are misguided or exaggerated. Denying people the simple right to tell their friends they want to murder their neighbours as an exaggeration is like denying people the right to religious views, or lack of them for that matter.

Being able to say what you want is hugely important in keeping the morales and justices of humans to adapt.

Ok im done ranting

14. I think there is much more to this than the single stated case.

The fbi has worked with hackers before, I think they're not this time because they want a free anytime use access to iPhones, that's why they want apple to do it, mcafee offered to get into it.. Why not take them up on it?

15. Even if you dont commit the act you can still be charged based on intention. Its not always the act that counts.
    Makes the difference between manslaughter and murder

16. Support

17. No. Intention goes to the severity of the act, which still means he has to do something in order to be charged. Both murder and manslaughter require a person actually dying (and that is where intention comes into play). Even attempted murder requires legitimate steps taken to actually carry out a murder plan.

It is perfectly legal for him to want, and even consider murdering someone, and certainly legal for him to write down dark personal notes. If he wrote them in public for that person to see, depending on the circumstances, they may be seen as a threat, which could be a crime, but personal musings are never a crime on their own.

On to Apple, one concern is that if the U.S. government can legally force Apple to build and surrender a backdoor to hack into every iphone, then every other government can do so also. I'm sure the very next day, less friendly regimes, who actually do want to break into people's phones and businesses, will bring the same lawsuits in their countries.

18. They shoulda just asked China for the hack.
    Considering they been puttin together iPhones since the start:D

19. Just to throw it into the water, but why doesn't Apple create the code, use it on the phone without giving it to government. then, destroy the code, or hit the back space... Removing codes isn't my speciality

20. Once it's been written, people know there is a way, employees may suddenly get rich and hackers may suddenly find ways into iPhones that weren't there before.