Apple vs Android

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Aaron2, Feb 7, 2016.

1. True tho each of the 3 platforms each have pro n cons in kaw interface.

2. Spoken like a Noob. Can't debate your viewpoint so you invite ppl to farm you

3. Well there is a ton of options out there.

I recommend comparing features n reviews to find what is best for you.

IPhone 6 n 6+ have decent cameras n cam software.

Tho I believe you need the 6+ to get their best.

Screen the 6 has a 720p screen while the 6+ has 1080p

But if *camera is the main factor checkout one of the top tier androids.
    They have higher MP on both cameras. And you can enjoy 1080p to qhd screen resolutions. And you don't pay a premium for space (save models like Samsung s6)

But in the end it comes down to your preference.

4. But then if you don't get a nexus which android phone actually gives you updated in 2-3 years. And out of the few that do how mamy are a month or two from release. And yeah you can root it and do custom roms but how many people actually do that. Then you have that apps come out first on iOS. Hell Google even updates some of its own apps on iOS first.

5. Pretty much any Android phone that uses vanilla Android will have easy OS update.

Nexus phones of course best for that as it's Google's official branded phone.

Installing a custom Rom now a days is often as easy as running a program see cyangenmod)

But like rooting/jailbreaking is risky.

Case in point my buddy modded a note 3 or 4. Didn't have automatic updating off n Samsung broke the phone. The internal WiFi card no longer works even with restoring original Rom.

This suggests most likely something shady on Samsung's part

6. Lies...

No automatic or manual updates on a rooted Samsung.

7. If you flashed a modded or custom rom you will need to reflash radio firmware (baseband) for wifi and networking to work on *some* phones.

Also you'll probably want to disable OTA updates. Lol.

Android for the win BTW 

i don't care if i can buy a IOS device, they're way too simple. Even some android devices are too simple for me. I'm not a huge fan of ARM architecture.

Asus Zenfone 2, has a intel cpu. X86 Arc.
    I can pretty much install (arch and Ubuntu) linux on my phone and use it as a almost full fledged computer.
    Most ARM android device's are capable of running ARM linux distros.

Makes me wonder, can IOS run on x86 Arc? Can we get our hands on a untouched copies of IOS roms to play around with? Or does apple also have that on lock down?

8. No it's true. Read more careful not rooted. He loaded a custom Rom (cyangenmod) After an update from Samsung it broke his internal WiFi.

And yes Samsung has been known for shady practices.

Remember I am not Todd. I don't need to manufacture facts.

It wasn't that long ago that a backdoor was discovered in Samsung Android phones. Yes it has been since fixed; but case in point was not present in other brands

9. If you flashed a modded or custom rom you will need to reflash radio firmware (baseband) for wifi and networking to work on *some* phones.

Also you'll probably want to disable OTA updates. Lol.

Android for the win BTW 

i don't care if i can buy a IOS device, they're way too simple. Even some android devices are too simple for me. I'm not a huge fan of ARM architecture.

Asus Zenfone 2, has a intel cpu. X86 Arc.
    I can pretty much install (arch and Ubuntu) linux on my phone and use it as a almost full fledged computer.
    Most ARM android device's are capable of running ARM linux distros.

Makes me wonder, can IOS run on x86 Arc? Can we get our hands on a untouched copies of IOS roms to play around with? Or does apple also have that on lock down?[/quote]

Thanks for reinforcing what I had said.

His note worked perfectly until some kinda update killed the WiFi card. Tho from what your saying, not sure if he knew or tried refreshing the radio. If I remember will ask him about that route.
    Lol

I do know the old iPods (with 1.8" hard drives) had a Linux distro called upholding that made those quite cool. Running videos on the photo iPod before the video capable one came out. And you could even play the old dos version of doom.

Also makes sense that you would vote for Android as it is Linux based.

10. Such a nice easter egg from Apple. If one wants to try it he must set the date at 1st january 1970. An interesting thing is going to happen

11. Encouraging the destruction of a device is against ToU.

PSA: Don't do this. It bricks your phone.

12. Eh...can't be. Aren't iPhones such amazing devices and Apple the creator of the ultimate operating system? Changing your phone date shouldn't be that dangerous.

Anyway on a serious note...if you do it and your phone is still under warranty Apple will give you a new device. If not...it's simple to fix. Just pull the battery out.

13. Vladimir, please don't encourage people to break their devices. I get the joke and bringing that bug up is fine, but if you continue to encourage doing it you will be asked to leave.

14. "Easy fix; just pull the battery."

Lmao!!

15. C'mon...is not that hard. You need just a handful of Phillips screwdrivers and a soldering iron.

16. Just an FYI business insider is bull any mag or blog that use poor people its best not to trust them. Business insider makes crap up all the time.

Liberal media bias can turn up in some very unlikely places. One example of this concept is an article on the Business Insider website in which Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus was quoted as saying that the concept of illegal immigrants “self-deporting” back to their native countries -- as proposed by 2012 GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney -- was “racist.”

Soon after, the following message was added at the top of Brett LoGiurato's article: “An original version of this story said that Reince Priebus referred to Mitt Romney's comments as "racist." He said it "hurts us." Business Insider regrets the error.”

The original article began by stating that Priebus said talk of “self-deportation” was “horrific” and even “racist.”

LoGiurato continued by indicating that:

Mitt Romney repeatedly used the term during the Republican primary campaign to talk about how his immigration enforcement policies would lead to unauthorized immigrants leaving the U.S. of their own accord, rather than needing to be deported.

- See more at: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/randy- ... M6f1N.dpuf

Edit

Here is the close to real numbers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2 ... 8ef1423e5a

17. Pretty much this.

Got any more fun facts about apple devices? I'm making flyers to post around public spaces.